Touché
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181310
Thanked 3,626 Times in 2,702 Posts
Touché

Got to get me one of these..[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
from the French company, EXPRESSIVE. It looks like real fun to use and sells for €399.00 direct from the company. I think it could be a bit more intuitive to use than an expression peddle hooked up to your system, but I guess it's a matter of personal preference really.."one man's meat is another man's poison" and all that.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
relic (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538480
Thanked 6,951 Times in 4,945 Posts
Re: Touché

Man. I have to say, even for just playing drums in, seems like you could get really subtle variations in velocity. Really cool. Price tag isn't for the faint of heart for such a focused device, but doesn't seem over priced by any means.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181310
Thanked 3,626 Times in 2,702 Posts

Yeah, that's one of the things that struck me about it..how incredibly versatile it is..I mean, you can use it to drum..to add expression to keys..play strings more fluidly than via a keyboard..I'm sure there's other uses I'd find for it. Personally, I think this would be a real plus when it comes to making ambient music, as the level of real-time control it puts at your finger tips is impressive.

And I know what you mean about the price tag..but the way I reason it is you'd pay that much and more for a controller anyway, so it's worth it I think..maybe just at the high end of what you might want to pay..but still worth it.

Sod it..I'm getting one..just talked myself into it..there, my mind's made up.

Last edited by A.M; 02-05-2017 at 12:07 AM..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:35 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538480
Thanked 6,951 Times in 4,945 Posts

So many things that amount of subtle expression could be used for...controlling delay and reverb parameters...filter cutoffs etc...

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (02-05-2017)