"Currently Listening To:" adware.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 30-01-2017, 12:52 AM   #1
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts
Icon9 "Currently Listening To:" adware.

Adware problem on this site...?

I just recently was editing a post of mine and in the section for "currently listening to", I noticed it said "Sandra Collins". However, I've never heard of Sandra Collins, so I looked her up and listened to her SoundCloud and I know for sure I don't listen to her because her style sucks and is not the type of music that I normally listen to and her bio pic shows she's not any artist I recognize by sight either.

Is it possible that adware infected my smartphone and/or my computer and/or this site? I know it's one or two out of three for sure...

Thoughts and remedies for this besides stopping using my phone to browse?

I'm guessing this is some kind of 3rd party cookie cross-domain adsharing or whatnot. I read about this stuff a lot and I actively try to prevent it. However, my phone doesn't have all the filtration capabilities as my computer. I didn't own the computer until recently though, and had to rely upon my phone to log in for a while.

Advertisements

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 01:30 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171860
Thanked 3,437 Times in 2,565 Posts
Re: "Currently Listening To:" adware.

I think that's nothing to worry about and that it originates here on the forum..an auto-filled in kinda thing..though I could be wrong. I remember somebody asking about this ages ago and it was explained..I even think I asked about shortly after I joined..but I can't for the life of me remember who told me o what they said.

Short version: Don't worry about it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Nystagmus (30-01-2017)
Old 30-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #3
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 29610

Run [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
or something similar. Block that shit at the router for the entire network. When you're off trusted wifi there's not much you can do. Adblock or something and hope for the best, I suppose. Maybe try a different browser for your phone?
Artificer is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Artificer
Nystagmus (30-01-2017)
Old 30-01-2017, 03:26 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 34210

It's the forum. It does this to everyone, it's not a virus.

------------------
Vault O))) is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 03:36 AM   #5
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 104850
Thanked 2,071 Times in 1,356 Posts

Eh? I don't even see it.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Psy - Gangnam Style
Old 30-01-2017, 03:41 AM   #6
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Eh? I don't even see it.
I know..it's not there on every post..just some..don't know why..did, but I've forgotten.

By the way, how're you getting on with Psy - Gangnam Style?

------------------
Old 30-01-2017, 03:47 AM   #7
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 34210

If I tag mine, it might show up elsewhere. Like portals, or sliders.

------------------
Vault O))) is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: ADWARE
Thanks to Vault O)))
Nystagmus (30-01-2017)
Old 30-01-2017, 03:56 AM   #8
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
Icon7 Re: "Currently Listening To:" adware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
If I tag mine, it might show up elsewhere. Like portals, or sliders.
Thanks, man. This about sums it up.
Maybe it's a FLASH thing too.
But wow it was wierd.

I know it wasn't autofill, because I have that disabled on my system.
And of course I don't know that band lady anyhow, so I didn't type her name in.

Anyway guys, thanks so much.

------------------

Old 30-01-2017, 04:23 AM   #9
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
Thanks, man. This about sums it up.
Maybe it's a FLASH thing too.
But wow it was wierd.

I know it wasn't autofill, because I have that disabled on my system.
And of course I don't know that band lady anyhow, so I didn't type her name in.

Anyway guys, thanks so much.
Just to be clear..when I mentioned auto-fill above, I didn't mean it's being filled on your end..but rather here on the site side of things. Basically, it's nothing you or your system did or didn't do..it's this site.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Nystagmus (30-01-2017)
Old 30-01-2017, 04:32 AM   #10
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
Icon7 Re: "Currently Listening To:" adware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Just to be clear..when I mentioned auto-fill above, I didn't mean it's being filled on your end..but rather here on the site side of things. Basically, it's nothing you or your system did or didn't do..it's this site.
Oh, thanks, man. What you are saying makes sense. Thanks.
Yeah. That's what seemed to be happening unless from somewhere else.

I don't want to blame IDMf though, it's not like this site is a phishing site or whatnot. But I get what you are saying; it's a site glitch. Thanks again.

Here's what I'm actually listening to:

------------------

Old 02-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #11
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Long ago someone named Vulpes added some code somehow to fuck with peoples currently listening to status. It's not your system, it's a joke.

Edit: That's what I heard at least.

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote