Abstract/Experimental - Ambient Electro
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89278973
Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,169 Posts
Abstract/Experimental - Ambient Electro

Like the title says - this thread is dedicated to the more atmospheric, ambient side of electro.

Post your favorite shit!

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
Re: Abstract/Experimental - Ambient Electro

------------------
Quote:
Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 07-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 09-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 09-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529780
Thanked 6,777 Times in 4,830 Posts

So, I listened to a couple of these recently (2-3 maybe). I'm curious @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
what is it you like about this type of music? What do you get out of it? I have trouble just sitting and listening to it. Maybe I'm just a Philistine or something, but ever since I've joined here I've tried to "get" this type of music and just can't do it.

Honestly interested in your opinion.

PS-I clicked on this because I thought it might be something to do with 80's Electro, which I love and want to know more about (artist/song wise).

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
So, I listened to a couple of these recently (2-3 maybe). I'm curious @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
what is it you like about this type of music? What do you get out of it? I have trouble just sitting and listening to it. Maybe I'm just a Philistine or something, but ever since I've joined here I've tried to "get" this type of music and just can't do it.

Honestly interested in your opinion.

PS-I clicked on this because I thought it might be something to do with 80's Electro, which I love and want to know more about (artist/song wise).
Just so I understand your question better - what exactly do you mean by "this type of music" ?
this sub genre specifically, or something more broad?

And btw, it actually has much to do with 80's Electro... it's an evolution of it, or maybe more of a mutation of it.

------------------
Quote:
Old 09-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sencesor View Post
Just so I understand your question better - what exactly do you mean by "this type of music" ?
this sub genre specifically, or something more broad?

And btw, it actually has much to do with 80's Electro... it's an evolution of it, or maybe more of a mutation of it.
Well, let's start with this specific sub genre and now I am super interested since it's related to 80's Electro (maybe I need to listen again, cuz I'm not hearing that).

But in general I don't get along with really abstract stuff.

------------------
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

Fair enough.

Well I've always liked dark themed music, well ever since I started to develop my own personal taste anyway.

Focusing for now on electronic music, the first genre I massively got into was psytrance, and very soon to darkpsy (long before it was branded by that name - some goa trance is more darkpsy than goa actually). Then came IDM with Aphex, Boc, Autechre, Squarepusher etc.

And in recent years I've got more and more into Electro (the real kind, not that deadmou electro/house bs), and from there naturally started to explore the dark side of electro, and this is how I got very interested in this stuff, that led me to make this thread.

About the attraction to dark and experimental/abstract stuff, well I guess it's just a matter of taste, but to try to answer your question specifically to this type, well - it's kind of like a sci-fi/horror movie soundtrack, which I really dig the theme of.

Now about to connection to 80's electro, well, all of the tracks I've posted here but one (Dopplereffekt, Zerkalo, Der Zyklus, Arpanet, Black Replica) are actually different projects produced by the same man that goes by the name of Heinrich Mueller aka [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
- one half of Detroit’s own [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
duo.

If you're interested in finding out a bit more about the guy - here's a very interesting short documentary of the man:

If you like to know more about the genre (origins/artists/songs) there's also this excellent documentary which I've posted so many times before here:

And the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for lots of different recommendations for more "traditional" electro stuff.

------------------
Quote:
Thanks to Sencesor
relic (09-07-2013)
Old 09-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

^Thanks for the thorough response. I truly appreciate it. I'll be watching/listening in a couple hours when I get home if I can and will come back with what I think.

I'm really glad I came into this thread to have a look around : ) And yea...I'm certainly not meaning what the kids call Electro these days.

------------------
Old 09-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

Last edited by Sencesor; 19-07-2013 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: up'd a better version

------------------
Quote:
Old 09-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #14
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 13-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 13-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 16-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 16-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #18
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 16-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

------------------
Quote:
Old 17-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
The Nung River

Advertisements

------------------
Quote: