[IDM Braindance] NeuNeuNeuReceiver - Goethe Pogo
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #1
Schnork
Ghostly
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 11260
[IDM Braindance] NeuNeuNeuReceiver - Goethe Pogo

Heres a new track - Would like to know what ya guys think about it

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Electron Organ
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Schnork
A.M (15-07-2017)
Rate this track - [IDM Braindance] NeuNeuNeuReceiver - Goethe Pogo.
Old 15-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 164260
Thanked 3,285 Times in 2,450 Posts
Re: [IDM Braindance] NeuNeuNeuReceiver - Goethe Pogo

This isn't what I'd listen to usually, but that's not saying I don't listen to music like this..I used to..all the time. In fact, it reminds me a lot in places of kraftwerk's early music..and I couldn't get enough of those guys when I first heard them.

Love the clarity of sound you have on this mix..really good quality sound and the way you play with the sounds (panning and the likes) is cool, too.

The only negative (?) thing I would say is it kinda began to sound a little "more of the same" and I think you could have called it a day right there at 3.45 and it would have been fine. As it is, it does seem to go on a little too long..but that could just be me.

In general, though..I really liked this. Kinda retro, but still fresh enough to hold its own today. Nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #3
Schnork
Ghostly
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC

Hey man, thank you!
Actually the track used to be shorter - you're probaply spot on about 3:45 - I mean, I wasn't really shure if it should have ended there so I asked my wife and then I got all groovy with the Minilogue...
I'm happy with it

------------------
Electron Organ
Old 17-07-2017, 07:42 AM   #4
signaldwn
Regular Freak
signaldwn will become famous soon enough
Chicago
MC Status: 60

Definite +1 on the variation in panning and overall mix clarity. I also like how new elements are always jumping in and out, making it sound unpredictable all the way through. I do think the length is just fine. I would have liked more energy and layering towards the end however. But overall it's an interesting composition.
signaldwn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #5
Vilius J
Minor Glitch
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Reminds me of oldschool 90's retro games for some reason. Has that spacey richie hawtin vibe to it. Cool sound. Did you make it with hardware or softsynths?
Vilius J is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #6
Schnork
Ghostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by signaldwn View Post
Definite +1 on the variation in panning and overall mix clarity. I also like how new elements are always jumping in and out, making it sound unpredictable all the way through. I do think the length is just fine. I would have liked more energy and layering towards the end however. But overall it's an interesting composition.
Thanks man! Ive been reading on mixing for almost a whole year everyday. It almost drove my wife mad, but seems like it paid off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilius J View Post
Reminds me of oldschool 90's retro games for some reason. Has that spacey richie hawtin vibe to it. Cool sound. Did you make it with hardware or softsynths?
Thanks! Haha my wife always says, that my music reminds her of video games from the 90s^^
Ive used my Korg Minilogue and Volca Bass quite a lot in the track, drums and FX are software.

Advertisements

------------------
Electron Organ