[Ambient Techno/Hip Hop] hendu12 - St. Elmo's Fire
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 15-07-2017, 04:19 AM   #1
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
[Ambient Techno/Hip Hop] hendu12 - St. Elmo's Fire

Song is almost finished! Got the basic layout down, just needs some tidying up.
Tell me what you think! Hope you enjoy

Advertisements

hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient Techno/Hip Hop] hendu12 - St. Elmo's Fire.
Old 15-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts
Re: [Ambient Techno/Hip Hop] hendu12 - St. Elmo's Fire

Not sure if you have this tagged right, but then I can't really offer you anything different in regards to what genre this falls under. It's certainly down-tempo, with a bit of Hip Hop in there..bit glitchy, too.

That first half sounds a little out of key..like everything is struggling a little to get into step with everything else. I get what you were going for here, but I'm not sure if you really hit it on the head this time out. Sorry..that's just how it sounded to my ears.

That said, the second half seemed to pull itself together a bit better and really rounded the track off..either by design or chance, not really sure listening to it..but I'd like to think you did it by design.

All in all, it's not a bad track..as you said yourself, it just needs some tidying up. I liked it and it held my interest, so please don't take anything I've said in a completely negative light..what I think is subjective at best anyway..if it works for you, then it works.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Not sure if you have this tagged right, but then I can't really offer you anything different in regards to what genre this falls under. It's certainly down-tempo, with a bit of Hip Hop in there..bit glitchy, too.

That first half sounds a little out of key..like everything is struggling a little to get into step with everything else. I get what you were going for here, but I'm not sure if you really hit it on the head this time out. Sorry..that's just how it sounded to my ears.

That said, the second half seemed to pull itself together a bit better and really rounded the track off..either by design or chance, not really sure listening to it..but I'd like to think you did it by design.

All in all, it's not a bad track..as you said yourself, it just needs some tidying up. I liked it and it held my interest, so please don't take anything I've said in a completely negative light..what I think is subjective at best anyway..if it works for you, then it works.
Hey there A.M. Firstly I wanted to apologize about having two tracks in one thread. I hope you understand that it wasn't shameless promotion, I just happened to be working on the two at the same time and thought it would save me time to have them both in one thread. It was a momentary lapse of reason and I apologize.

Anyways with that aside. Thank you for the criticism! I have reached a point in my music career where I am finally humble and able to listen to criticism. So I don't take it negative.

I am glad you brought the out of key part up, people have told me that my tracks don't sound harmonious and going back and listening to the tracks now, they were kind of right. It's hard for me to listen to those tracks now and enjoy them.

So this seems like a problem and I don't know how to fix it. What do you recommend I do to have everything stay in key like you say? My primary daw is ableton, so if you use it, maybe you can explain from that point of view. Thanks!
hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendu12 View Post
Hey there A.M. Firstly I wanted to apologize about having two tracks in one thread. I hope you understand that it wasn't shameless promotion, I just happened to be working on the two at the same time and thought it would save me time to have them both in one thread. It was a momentary lapse of reason and I apologize.

Anyways with that aside. Thank you for the criticism! I have reached a point in my music career where I am finally humble and able to listen to criticism. So I don't take it negative.

I am glad you brought the out of key part up, people have told me that my tracks don't sound harmonious and going back and listening to the tracks now, they were kind of right. It's hard for me to listen to those tracks now and enjoy them.

So this seems like a problem and I don't know how to fix it. What do you recommend I do to have everything stay in key like you say? My primary daw is ableton, so if you use it, maybe you can explain from that point of view. Thanks!
Hey..no need to apologize, as I told you before..we all make mistakes on here, trust me.

Sorry, I'm not an ableton user, so I can't tell you how to tweak it to get this sorted out for you. That said, I honestly think it's something you need to learn with your ears..being able to tell when something sounds off or out of key. In order to do this, you're going to have to go back to basics and do a little Music Theory study.

Here's a couple that should help you get up and running..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Failing all of the above, if you can't get your head around the theory side of it, but still feel the urge to make music, then it might be worth your time investing in the likes of "Mixed In Key" (do a search online for it..), which sells for about $60 US. At best ,if might help you learn all about Keys and harmonies..at worse, it might give you "lazy habits"..it's you call.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote