[Triphop/Dub] - Funk Partie - Another Day in Paradise
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184
[Triphop/Dub] - Funk Partie - Another Day in Paradise

Hi all.

This is a track we have been working on over the past few weeks. It's a kind of triphop dubby track with some trippy lyrics.

What do you think?

Advertisements

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Triphop/Dub] - Funk Partie - Another Day in Paradise.
Old 14-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [Triphop/Dub] - Funk Partie - Another Day in Paradise

I enjoy with this) Really not bad)
It turned out quite meditatively)
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts

I REALLY liked this....BUT

..reverb..man, it's hard to hear som of the things going on in this mix..a little too much reverb there in general, I think. The end result is it sounds like everything is fighting for some space to be heard. It kinda sounds like you compressed it up a bit, but the wav form shows you didn't do that much, if you can go by a SC wav form.

Still, I loved it all the same..great happy feel off it for the summer. I really hope you try your hand at this again and mess about it with a little more..would love to hear the edited version.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 07:27 AM   #4
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I REALLY liked this....BUT

..reverb..man, it's hard to hear som of the things going on in this mix..a little too much reverb there in general, I think. The end result is it sounds like everything is fighting for some space to be heard. It kinda sounds like you compressed it up a bit, but the wav form shows you didn't do that much, if you can go by a SC wav form.

Still, I loved it all the same..great happy feel off it for the summer. I really hope you try your hand at this again and mess about it with a little more..would love to hear the edited version.
Thanks for the feedback matie.

I agree some of the reverb is a bit over the top. I shall probably have a loo at this over the next week or so and edit.

Though i have a stinking cold at the moment, so production has halted a bit...

------------------
Old 17-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #5
Mycelial Cords
Regular Freak
Mycelial Cords is just really niceMycelial Cords is just really niceMycelial Cords is just really niceMycelial Cords is just really nice
Warsaw
MC Status: 360

While I like the track composition wise I think it lacks in the production. The instruments would really benefit from better separation in terms of frequency and stereo image. It may come down to too much reverb and compression in general, but maybe high passin would also help. The vibe of the track is really great for chilling and it'd be great to enhance that with better mixing.
Mycelial Cords is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Interesting track there. Strange but cool somehow. Spacey feeling
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #7
Entox
Deep Underground
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilius J View Post
Interesting track there. Strange but cool somehow. Spacey feeling
I like to bring a bit of trippyness into these tracks, hence the spacey feel...

Thanks for the listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycelial Cords
While I like the track composition wise I think it lacks in the production. The instruments would really benefit from better separation in terms of frequency and stereo image. It may come down to too much reverb and compression in general, but maybe high passin would also help. The vibe of the track is really great for chilling and it'd be great to enhance that with better mixing.
General mastering and mixing is what we need to start working on more, it's our weakness and we know it...

I have quickly mastered this i landr as we don;t really have anywhere to properly master at the moment. All these tracks are produced in my spare room in a 2 bed flat near inner city Bristol.

Might send some off to Benwaa again...!

------------------
Old 18-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
BoJoProductions
Minor Glitch
BoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Nice vibe!

Is that yourself singing or a sample? I feel horrible even saying this, but I'd try and get a slightly better voice for this. The vocals just sound a little bit rushed and flat. Hope you can see this as constructive feedback

Otherwise, very summery - dig it!
BoJoProductions is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #9
Entox
Deep Underground
Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoJoProductions View Post
Nice vibe!

Is that yourself singing or a sample? I feel horrible even saying this, but I'd try and get a slightly better voice for this. The vocals just sound a little bit rushed and flat. Hope you can see this as constructive feedback

Otherwise, very summery - dig it!
Hey, no it's not me on the vocal it's my fellow Funk Partie co member DJ Spence.

If it was me singing it would sound even worse with my Bristolian accent!

Advertisements

------------------