[Heavy DnB/Neurofunk] Neuralsphere - Skank
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #1
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110
[Heavy DnB/Neurofunk] Neuralsphere - Skank

Just after feedback, feel free to share/like/comment/dance/gurn to your hearts content. Pretty much finished unless I have an epiphany or decide to reorder/remix it (Currently making a hardcore remix for all the druggie ravers who need to assaulted by bass in a steady 4/4 flow to save dancing like an epileptic on meth... :badger

Enjoy... or don't

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
Daggit (18-07-2017)
Rate this track - [Heavy DnB/Neurofunk] Neuralsphere - Skank.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260
Re: [Heavy DnB/Neurofunk] Neuralsphere - Skank

Lovely balance on the mix - my only crit is the snare seems abit lifeless and flat - not sure if something a bit bigger with a longer tail would work better. Bar that I'm sure this will sound massive on a proper system

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260

It hits hard ! I like me sum heavy bass No complaints about the arrangement , I would agree with the above comment about the snare, could have a wee more crack and possibly a little more width. sweet tuuuuune

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837177

Great work. I was listening to Joker records at work today, this took me there.
Nice dark sounds. I think the distortion/saturation on one of the lower/mid band sound could be drawn back a little, likely my personal taste as I know a lot of people love the grunge

I would say the low end/kick and snare (mids) could be lifted on the group bus with some eq. The overheads keep as they are.

Enjoying this. Nice work and attention to detail.

Chewing gum, dark shades and shellsuit at the ready lol

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands

Cheers for all the critique everyone keep it coming, glad its being well received - trying to get something label worthy together this year so thanks for the words of support

Currently found a pretty good article on snares '[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
' It's a UKF article but it focuses solely on the DnB genre and has: Billain, Calyx & TeeBee, Current Value, Cyantific, Delta Heavy, Krakota, Loadstar, Maztek, Metrik, Misanthrop, Phace, Rene LaVice, ShockOne and Drumsound & Bassline Smith all chipping into how they go about making that snare punch through the mix - something I agree on this track needing... I'm hoping that by creating space for the snare I'll be fixing issues with levels and general mudiness.

Mastering this has been long winded already, I swear it takes 10 times longer than composing anything... currently hitting 80-85% of my RAM on this thanks to multiple Reflektor instances (sigh)... time for an upgrade methinks...

------------------

Old 16-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts

This really takes me back..great arrangement on this, even though I share the thoughts the other guys have made so far. Sorry, don't really have any more to add, aside from saying thanks for sharing and that I really enjoyed being taken back in time. Nice one!

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #7
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

great track!!

I love the dub like cyberpunk synth hits, maybe give them some more depth.

nice builds and effects as well, particularly like that reverse stuff you do at 2:28 and 2:37. how is that done?
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #8
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nanonoise_ View Post
great track!!

I love the dub like cyberpunk synth hits, maybe give them some more depth.

nice builds and effects as well, particularly like that reverse stuff you do at 2:28 and 2:37. how is that done?
The reverse stuff is actually not reversed I took the waveform (that cyberpunk synth I think you're referring to, that starts building midway through the song) and just pitch bent it midway through the note. I automated a Cutoff filter that affected the final sound basically sloping it one way to get a stab and the other to get a sweep... I staggered the timing of these slopes so combined together (with the pitch bend! not the stab and the sweep combined that'll just sound like a mangled cat screaming through gutter pipe... in a bathroom...) it mimicked getting slowed down and reversed... A stuttering/stalling kind of effect is what I'd call it I guess (inspired by the Doppler effect)... I dunno I just wanted to retain audio clarity and felt like doing it manually instead of using reverb, preverb, all that faff.... Just fruitys stock Fast LP was what I used. I'll go double check I didn't split the audio into another bus and do something else (I can't remember what I was doing because shhhhh )

Last edited by Neuralsphere; 18-07-2017 at 07:26 PM..

------------------

Old 20-07-2017, 12:19 AM   #9
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
The reverse stuff is actually not reversed I took the waveform (that cyberpunk synth I think you're referring to, that starts building midway through the song) and just pitch bent it midway through the note. I automated a Cutoff filter that affected the final sound basically sloping it one way to get a stab and the other to get a sweep... I staggered the timing of these slopes so combined together (with the pitch bend! not the stab and the sweep combined that'll just sound like a mangled cat screaming through gutter pipe... in a bathroom...) it mimicked getting slowed down and reversed... A stuttering/stalling kind of effect is what I'd call it I guess (inspired by the Doppler effect)... I dunno I just wanted to retain audio clarity and felt like doing it manually instead of using reverb, preverb, all that faff.... Just fruitys stock Fast LP was what I used. I'll go double check I didn't split the audio into another bus and do something else (I can't remember what I was doing because shhhhh )
really nice man, that's innovation! And it sounds great!
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #10
Timworth94
Master of the LFO
Timworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond reputeTimworth94 has a reputation beyond repute
Lancashire
MC Status: 2840

No critisism at all, sounds full, clean and heavy! love everything about the second drop, your drum work is really awesome here.

------------------
Timworth94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #11
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709

Haven't heard some DnB/Neurofunk for quite some time, so for me it's a pretty refreshing one remembering me how cool and enjoy'able these kinda uptempo-tracks can be. I especially like the mass of different sounds which keeps me thrilled during the whole track, the stuttering beatbreaks are really excellent. Good one and i like as well that you keep it simple, just 3 minutes and that's it, not stretching a track unnecessarily so it becomes boring sooner or later. Like'able!
einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #12
Artimosmusic
Regular Freak
Artimosmusic is currently spamming hard
Gold Coast
MC Status: 10

Yeh this is really cool. Really digging the solid, heavy basslines. I do agree with the snare comments but you already know about that. Nice clean mix, all in all a really solid track. Good job man!

Advertisements

Artimosmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote