[Ambient/IDM] The Deadly Rhythm - Ambient Groove
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #1
Deadly Rhythm
Granular Poster
Deadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant future
Norfolk
MC Status: 1560
[Ambient/IDM] The Deadly Rhythm - Ambient Groove

Just an idea but unsure where to take it...help?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 11-07-2017 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

Deadly Rhythm is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient/IDM] The Deadly Rhythm - Ambient Groove.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #2
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 has a spectacular aura abouthendu12 has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Re: [Ambient/IDM] The Deadly Rhythm, Ambient Groove

Try adding a stabby arpeggio that either changes with each section or gets more complex. It really needs a melody more than anything. Also, Maybe try adding some cool FX with sound design to be used sparingly with the beat you. If you use ableton, come up with something using the operator plugin. It sounds promising!
hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
Deadly Rhythm
Granular Poster
Deadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant futureDeadly Rhythm has a brilliant future
Norfolk
Re: [Ambient/IDM] The Deadly Rhythm, Ambient Groove

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendu12 View Post
Try adding a stabby arpeggio that either changes with each section or gets more complex. It really needs a melody more than anything. Also, Maybe try adding some cool FX with sound design to be used sparingly with the beat you. If you use ableton, come up with something using the operator plugin. It sounds promising!
I tried adding another layer and designing an arpegiator but it took the ambient feel away. Defo agree with adding some FX. I'm taking a mic out with me over the weekend when I'm in London so will hopefully record some cool shit. I use Protools 12 but I will be making a change to Ableton in the coming months.
Old 13-07-2017, 05:03 AM   #4
strangerflesh
Radial Developer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260
Re: [Ambient/IDM] The Deadly Rhythm - Ambient Groove

Love the groove, I am drummer before an electronic producer .. do you drum as well? I think the idea of adding some more texture elements (fx) will work well. feels tome there is enough melodic interest as is for a cool groovy ambient ish track

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
Deadly Rhythm
Granular Poster
Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
Love the groove, I am drummer before an electronic producer .. do you drum as well? I think the idea of adding some more texture elements (fx) will work well. feels tome there is enough melodic interest as is for a cool groovy ambient ish track
Yeah man, I've been drumming well over 20 years now.

As for the song, once I've added some more textured elements I can then see where it can go from there. It needs another larger section added, I wouldn't want to add anymore repeated parts from what's already there.

I'll post a reworked version on Tuesday.
Old 13-07-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
BoJoProductions
Minor Glitch
BoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

If you could add in some ethereal vocals over the top I think that would really top the track off
BoJoProductions is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 10:55 AM   #7
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Personally, if this were mine, I'd be looking at making what I already have work even harder for me, but playing with the volume of each part a little more..adding automation to the various gain levels and causing more movement in that area..slowly morphing things about a little. Basically make this very much a track of solos and build things up to bring everything together at the end.

I'd start off with those found sounds you're talking about getting..or hopefully have got already by this time. Maybe a cityscape down low and bring the current start as it is and build from there.

The suggestion from BoJoProductions about including some ethereal vocals is a good one, too. That said, I'd go easy on any if I were to use them..just a slight hint of vocals..even only an "Ah" or "Ouu" that repeats throughout..and even then I'd keep it very much in the background down low with reverb on it to help give it a feel of distance.

Looking forward to hearing where you do take this. Best of luck with it.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote