[deep/house/dub] nanonoise - adhesion
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460
[deep/house/dub] nanonoise - adhesion

track I'd like to share with you guys
comments and ideas for future improvement much appreciated!

Advertisements

_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [deep/house/dub] nanonoise - adhesion.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
BoJoProductions
Minor Glitch
BoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
Re: [deep/house/dub] nanonoise - adhesion

This is a beautiful track! It probably isn't very helpful advice, but it maybe after the lyrics end it would be good to have a change in the vibe of the track. It feels like something else could happen, a change in tone of the ambient background could work well before returning to the original sound at the end. Apologies as my technical language is shocking, but I hope this helps! Good work
BoJoProductions is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #3
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of

thx for listening and bringing on ideas

there are some variations and some new elements, but its probably too subtle .
Pitching that synth is actually not a bad idea!
Old 11-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
agreth
Master of the LFO
agreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MC
Sydney
MC Status: 1465792

This is great. Mix is excellent. Sounds are all well crafted. Gets really interesting and intricate towards the end. My only half critique is that perhaps you don't need 7.30 minutes to get there. But otherwise, congrats.
agreth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
Adelina
Microknight
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nanonoise_ View Post
track I'd like to share with you guys
comments and ideas for future improvement much appreciated!

So awesome) You are talented man)
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #6
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

The fractal landscapes in the music video suit the music perfectly. How did you do the visuals man? That stuff is trippy. I think the repetition really works as it's all hypnotic. It would be cool to me if there was a section where everything gets super low pass and you have some really spacey melodies.

But don't take that as a criticism or lack of something. It's already super amazing on its own.

Here's some parts of the song I liked a lot.

That drum break at 3:50 is so cool, I love how it comes up and show ups only like every 32 bars or something. Really adds some flavor to the song.

The pad is really atmospheric, I think this could also count as Downtempo music.

Again, the repetitiveness does work well and it's fine. But I think it could be made even greater if you had some different sections. Not a criticism, just a thought.

The vocal sample is decent, but it should take a backseat to everything else going in the song. Maybe eq out the lows and highs?
hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:26 AM   #7
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 7510

Really like this. Love the feel. Thanks for sharing. Not into the spoken word but whatever. I like my music unpolluted by words. lol. Great stuff.
envelope3 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer

thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendu12 View Post
The fractal landscapes in the music video suit the music perfectly. How did you do the visuals man? That stuff is trippy. I think the repetition really works as it's all hypnotic. It would be cool to me if there was a section where everything gets super low pass and you have some really spacey melodies.
the visuals are not mine but they are by Don Whitacker ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, most of his stuff is CC-BY licensed). But I also felt the visuals paired well with the music. You can make these kind of fractals with a software called mandelbulb . thanks for that LP idea that's a good one.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
as you said, it could be a bit shorter. its a difficult combination between flow, hypnosis and enough changes to keep it interesting. I try to make subtle alterations but they don't do the job in terms of song structure of course... subtle break might do the trick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3
Really like this. Love the feel. Thanks for sharing. Not into the spoken word but whatever. I like my music unpolluted by words. lol. Great stuff.
thx . I also rarely use vocals unless short samples for FX purposes. But here it fitted somehow (after lots of cutting and stretching ). and its an interesting message I guess
Old 16-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts

Loved the way this grows and develops..really nice work. Don't have anything to add or suggest..I'd be over the moon if I'd done this myself.

Thanks for sharing

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote