[Techno] I/O Madness - Cricket Fever
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 09-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11469204
[Techno] I/O Madness - Cricket Fever

Something I was working on a bit ago... perhaps a bit short

Advertisements

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness
FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno] I/O Madness - Cricket Fever.
Old 14-07-2017, 06:43 AM   #2
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42367499
Thanked 4,670 Times in 3,051 Posts
Re: [Techno] I/O Madness - Cricket Fever

That gap between drums feels a bit off but I rather liked a lot of the percussion rhythms.The high end seems cut off on all the sounds.
0:44 the drumming that comes in over the top feels out of time.

Overall this could probably have more impact with EQ, especially on the bass parts. For example, when the sustained bass comes in it has almost no impact because it sounds dull. There's no smack-in-da-face that something potentially as good as this deserves.

This needs a bit of work.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #3
vetrix
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
vetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MC
MC Status: 328476

Roo makes some good points there ..
but I do like the almost "Add N to (X)" vibe going on! some tweaks and it'll be a killer tune
good stuff man

------------------
vetrix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 07:06 AM   #4
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Thanks for the feedback.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, what do you mean by the "gap between drums"?

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 14-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #5
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

, what do you mean by the "gap between drums"?
In the opening bars there's a gap of a beat or so between sounds that is almost like its cutting out. I listened to the track about 3 times so it wasn't a glitch in the stream or anything. It just felt a bit wierd. I think its because when it happens there's no tail on the drum sounds so it is an empty space at odds with what's around it. It disappears when the track gets going properly.

------------------
Old 14-07-2017, 08:20 PM   #6
bandic00t
Granular Poster
bandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond reputebandic00t has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2065

Dude this is great! I love it.
I wasn't feeling the transition at 2:50 at first. It felt kind of forced and abrupt... but after a few more listens it grew on me. I guess it fits well with the random wacky nature of the track.

------------------
bandic00t is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:00 AM   #7
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Yeah..I agree with Roo..that intro kinda throws ya and sounds off..like the stream is interrupted or you deleted notes..it doesn't work for me at all. That's not to say it wrong..just that it's wrong for me.

Over all, again, I agree with what Roo said..it really does need a little EQ in general, to give each element it's own space..there a little mud in the mix there..either by accident or by design..but it's there none the less.

All in all, it's a good track, though..and I'd love to hear it when it is finished and polished up.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 06:57 AM   #8
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

, in regards to everything sounding like it's been lo passed, do you think adding some high elements might help balance it?

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 16-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #9
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
, in regards to everything sounding like it's been lo passed, do you think adding some high elements might help balance it?
No matey, I think the content (I know lots hate that word but you know what I mean) is fine, it just needs some EQ and mix love. Selectively boost some of the high frequencies a tiny amount, lower the mids and get rid of anything in the bass area that isn't the bass itself. This stage of a project can be difficult though and might take a while.

I don't think this needs you throwing more parts at it, I think the composition is fine - it just needs some attention to the engineering.

This is probably where you decide if the piece is just a doodle while you work through some ideas, or if its something you might want to highly polish and release

Advertisements

------------------