[IDM / Electronica ] Vetrix - Nebularium
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 06-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #1
vetrix
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
vetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MCvetrix is a savage MC
MC Status: 328476
[IDM / Electronica ] Vetrix - Nebularium

Hi guys

This is "Nebularium" , a tune for the upcoming LP.

thx

Advertisements

------------------
vetrix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM / Electronica ] Vetrix - Nebularium.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:45 AM   #2
tafoz
IDMf's latest spammer
tafoz will become famous soon enough
Brisbane
MC Status: 60
Re: [IDM / Electronica ] Vetrix - Nebularium

I like the drum work and the arrangement, got a cool live feel. In fact I like them a lot
It does seem congested. Strip some of those mid range synths back to allow them to be heard and contribute.
Remove some of those sounds.
tafoz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #3
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42367499
Thanked 4,670 Times in 3,051 Posts

Not sure if its the Soundcloud 128-bit thing or if everything is overly-compressed but the quality seems low. I'm leaning towards a little of column A, a little of column B.

Mixing of some of the bass components is quite off at times. There's a bass part that comes in out of nowhere far too loud above everything else and for some of the track the bass is drowning out the other components.

The tune itself seems pretty decent, just need to get the sound quality up.

EDIT:

Listened a moment ago on a different headset. Ignore everything I wrote, I think one of my other headsets is fecked and I didn't know. (I found out because I listened to something else that I know and became suspicious). I left the text above there so you don't think I'm just being a dick about your music. Apologies for the cockup, entirely at my end.

I still find the bass slightly loud and overly loud in a couple of places but the sound quality itself is fine.

Now to go sort out a new 'other headset'.

Last edited by Roo Stercogburn; 07-07-2017 at 05:47 PM..

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
clocolan
Granular Poster
clocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant future
Providence, RI
MC Status: 1510

I think this is a very good and I agree with the other poster: perhaps not so much "thinning out" the mid-range synths but maybe carving out more of a place for them in the mix. Right now they sound fairly bright but also have a good amount of reverb, which means it cuts into everything else both in terms of HFs and the space it takes up.

I like that you're not lazy with the arrangement--you're thinking about construction/evolving and not letting the tracks endlessly loop for so long that it becomes a bore. That's very important because listeners pick up on it.

Advertisements

clocolan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote