[Deep vocal house] Tudum - The Black Cage
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2960
[Deep vocal house] Tudum - The Black Cage

Something I've been working on for the past week. Vocals are original. Her vocals.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Critique welcome!

Advertisements

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Deep vocal house] Tudum - The Black Cage.
Old 06-07-2017, 03:10 AM   #2
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: [Deep vocal house] Tudum - The Black Cage

I like how the song builds up during the intro as well as the drop. Also really like that retro sounding keys playing the chord progression. Very old school vibe.
Another song well done!

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:05 AM   #3
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
I like how the song builds up during the intro as well as the drop. Also really like that retro sounding keys playing the chord progression. Very old school vibe.
Another song well done!
Yea, I used to love these kind of sounds back in a day. Thanks man. When I listen to it now, it sounds so simple, but it was a really struggle to make this. I should add some more background sounds probably. hmmm, friday tomorrow, will probably have time this week.

------------------
Old 09-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Croatia

I did completely different take on these vocals.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 19-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184

Nice track.

It has a real soulful vibe with the female vocal.

I don't really have any crits, great work...

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #6
thin king
Soundscaper
thin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the roughthin king is a jewel in the rough
Sheffield
MC Status: 260

Really pro sounding stuff - maybe would have liked more width on the backing vocal just to make it feel a bit fuller and less straight down the middle - this really is very minor though. Good job overall.

------------------
thin king is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
einmeier
Granular Poster
einmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant futureeinmeier has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1709

Uh, that track immediately kicks in without a longer intro, right after a couple of seconds we're already in the main-theme. I have to agree to Kyrpto, it has on the one hand some oldschool-vibe because of the sounds and arrangement, on the other hand it's pretty modern because of that dancey/edm'ish vibe, i.e. that's probably not the kind of 'house' i would name 'house', but, well, 'swedish house mafia' also does house i would not label as 'house' *lol* - but this is just a thing of defining a genre and there are even huge differences between us and europe, for example. It's a absolutely solid, entertaining, amusing good track with a thoughtful arrangement, with some polish over here and over there it would be for sure worth a release on a major label as it's very catchy. Good one!
einmeier is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #8
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

I like it! Nice athmosphere you create with the guitars Although personally I would opt for a less harsh bass sound (more siney and less sawy I guess :p). Maybe you could also layer the vocals at 1:30 with a thicker pad or bring it up in the mix (I seem to spot a very faint one in the background?). Also it seems like something is off key when you bring in that synth at 2:00 (?)
The melody is really nice. The vocals as well and it flows well. Awaiting full version :-)
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #9
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

It's really professional. I really liked it.

Advertisements

Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote