Can you sing FZ?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029441
Thanked 7,240 Times in 4,500 Posts
Can you sing FZ?

Taken from https://www.dweezilzappa.com/posts/1983544-can-you-sing

I would love to see someone from IDMf get this gig.
Highly unlikely, but I thought I'd post anyway because I'm a massive Frank Zappa fan.

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
I hope all is well with you. Things are busy over here. We have some touring coming up and it looks like we might have some room for you on the stage!
I'm writing to let you know that for the first time in a very long time we are opening up auditions for a male singer/multi-instrumentalist. What am I looking for? Thanks for asking, here's the criteria.
The male singer responsibilities will include covering Frank Zappa lead vocals as well as other lead vocalist parts from throughout my father's entire catalog. As an example, a vocal audition would include: Cosmik Debris, Montana, Dumb All Over, City Of Tiny Lites, Florentine Pogen and Village Of The Sun among other things.
If you're a multi-instrumentalist your tasks will include but not be limited to:
The Black Page, Inca Roads, Zomby Woof, and Echidna's Arf amongst other things.

How do you audition? Please film yourself performing the songs mentioned and send me the link via email at media@dweezilzappa.com. Please make sure to state your name in the subject line, ex: JOHN SMITH - Vocal Audition.
Please also provide a short bio. No need for more than a paragraph or two.
If I like what I'm seeing I will contact you about coming in to audition with the band.
What's the time frame? Thanks for asking, the sooner the better!
Please note that I will only be able to consider applicants who currently reside in the United States. If you live in Los Angeles that is even better! Must have a valid U.S. Passport and be able to travel worldwide.
Let's see what amazing talents await!
DZ

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 180810
Thanked 3,616 Times in 2,696 Posts
Re: Can you sing FZ?

Can fat, over 50 guys from Europe apply? No, wait..only those in the US..bummer.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote