[Trip Hop] Zen Zero - Crossroads
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 01-07-2017, 05:51 AM   #1
Moppy
Granular Poster
Moppy will become famous soon enoughMoppy will become famous soon enough
Cairns
MC Status: 110
[Trip Hop] Zen Zero - Crossroads

Feedback appreciated, used a lot of experimental ambience recordings and kept the progression fairly simple. Would like to know if it holds your attention for the duration of the track or if you get bored listening to it.

Cheers

Advertisements

------------------
Moppy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Trip Hop] Zen Zero - Crossroads.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237806
Re: [Trip Hop] Zen Zero - Crossroads

Sweet Just too placid and sedate for me.
It only states "it's all okay, nothing noteworthy to say though".

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #3
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260

I like the mix a lot, The track structure is there but for my taste I want more of a climax , Possibly some washed out guitar chords with some reverb and distortion...? just an idea

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #4
Buchie
IDMf's latest spammer
Buchie is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

i really like it, it just needs to build a bit more i think maybe a bit more tension in the middle so when the drums come in the second time there is a nice sense of resolve , love the field recordings textures in the song though
Buchie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
Deadly Rhythm
Analog Lurker
Deadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond reputeDeadly Rhythm has a reputation beyond repute
Norfolk
MC Status: 2060

Yo Moppy,

I was totally into it. A slow song needs a slow pace. I didn't find it boring at all. Nice work.

------------------
Herculean Verve Records Ltd. www.hvrv.co.uk
Deadly Rhythm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:32 PM   #6
clocolan
Analog Lurker
clocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant future
Providence, RI
MC Status: 1760

This has a great feel but I do feel that it's missing either a modulation/B section or at least a variation on the A progression. Very often you can get away with repeated A sections like this just by substituting every other one with an altered version. So if A1 is E-D-B, maybe A2 is E-D-F# or E-D-E0, etc.

Lovely ambience, so that's one battle won.
clocolan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
BoJoProductions
Minor Glitch
BoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchie View Post
i really like it, it just needs to build a bit more i think maybe a bit more tension in the middle so when the drums come in the second time there is a nice sense of resolve , love the field recordings textures in the song though
Agree with this. Feels like something is missing ever so slightly. The ambience on this is beautiful though.
BoJoProductions is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #8
Adelina
Radial Developer
Adelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of lightAdelina is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

It suited me very much right now. Because probably my opinion will probably not be completely objective. But at the moment it's really awesome.
Adelina is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:20 AM   #9
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the roughhendu12 is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

I envision myself on the bank of some dreary grey beach. Really evocative sonic soundscapes here! It sounds like Emancipator with DJ Shadow style drums. Really cool! It's relaxing and gritty at the same time. It actually almost borders on Post-Rock, which really aids the whole relaxation vibe. Awesome stuff here!

*SNIP* Sorry..you're not allowed to post your own tracks into threads started by another member..regardless of how innocent or pure your motives may be.

Last edited by A.M; 16-07-2017 at 02:36 PM..
hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #10
BoJoProductions
Minor Glitch
BoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the roughBoJoProductions is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Hendu, I'm really digging this.

For me personally, I'm not completely a fan of the synth that comes in at the 45 second mark. I love the sound of it, but it sounds more like notes are being just pressed randomly as opposed to them being there for a necessary progression in the track. That's just me, but the general beat of the track is beautiful.

Last edited by A.M; 16-07-2017 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Removed hijack track from thread.
BoJoProductions is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #11
agreth
Master of the LFO
agreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MCagreth is a savage MC
Sydney
MC Status: 1465792

This is right up my alley. Production is very slick. Love the vibe. The only thing I'd suggest is coming back with something a little different after the beat drops back in.
agreth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #12
Toothpinch
Radial Developer
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppy View Post
Would like to know if it holds your attention for the duration...
Held my attention just fine.
Good stuff.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 02:40 PM   #13
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181410
Thanked 3,628 Times in 2,704 Posts

Moppy, cool track, man..really loved it..totally my kind of thing. Nothing bad to say about it at all, as it worked for me as it is..nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 05:11 AM   #14
Moppy
Granular Poster
Moppy will become famous soon enoughMoppy will become famous soon enough
Cairns
MC Status: 110

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it. I'm starting to feel I might be able to get good at this after a couple more years of producing; which is a good feeling for me I'll keep working on my variations, I think it is something I am not up to scratch with yet

Cheers aye

Advertisements

------------------
Moppy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote