[Not quite Techno] Roo Stercogburn: B-NoH8
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 30-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42367499
Thanked 4,670 Times in 3,051 Posts
[Not quite Techno] Roo Stercogburn: B-NoH8

Messing around with Predator 2, though not all the synths are that. Work in progress that turned out funkier than expected, like a cross between techno, house and trance with a touch of Euro nonsense thrown in here and there. Deliberately tried to keep the number of different parts down. Good times.

Linky for anyone that can't see the embed: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Not quite Techno] Roo Stercogburn: B-NoH8.
Old 30-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 99650
Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,300 Posts
Re: [Not quite Techno] Roo Stercogburn: B-NoH8

Thanks - I've looked at the RE version of predator a bunch of times - I might look again at it during a sale.

Aside from the sound, is it enjoyable to use?

Song-wise got a nice vibe happening. I'm sure you're planning to vary the pluck melody more as things progress.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
land of alternative truth
MC Status: 329119950
Thanked 1,589 Times in 1,103 Posts

pretty damn good for messing around!
catchy.can't wait to get the update to mess w/the new features.
nice track,do something with it.

------------------
Nothing to see here.
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 22960

Nice as always roo! Love your sounds.
And I enjoyed that weird vocoder sounding vocal!
Nice and simple yet super effective.

------------------
jbvdb493 is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #5
Roo Stercogburn
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback

Cheers guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Thanks - I've looked at the RE version of predator a bunch of times - I might look again at it during a sale.

Aside from the sound, is it enjoyable to use?

Song-wise got a nice vibe happening. I'm sure you're planning to vary the pluck melody more as things progress.
Aye, the interface is good. The X/Y pad is a hoot. The whole synth is essentially analog controls but with more bells and whistles than a cat accessory factory. The filter controls are exceptionally good compared to most soft synths but that was always the case, not unique to version 2.

Insane number of presets to play with and learn from.

And lots of gnarly horrible lovely stuff. Its a powerful synth, good for removing excuses not to come up with good songs but I shall adapt and come up with all new excuses. A beagle ate my patch. Etc.

Btw the pic is Rudy failing to understand personal space. Again.

------------------
Old 03-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 47510

Love this track. Especially the arpeggiated melody you start out on. Have you thought about a key change or a different chord progression somewhere mid track, I feel it's so nice that I'd want it more emphasized by reaching for a higher register at times. To me, it also begs for a trance floaty pad that can morph into some of the Euro stuff you got going. Kind of dig the acoustic drums, albeit you could go all out with a 909/808 kit.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #7
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Cheers Liquid

Not without a little trepidation I've updated it. I've gone in a bit of a different direction. The main themes and riffs are still there but I've ripped out the chord pattern in the breaks and added a vocal chorus in a style very different from what I usually do, about an octave down, much softer and in danger of heading into Beloved territory. I will probably rework them a bit but this is where they are at just now. Also need more of either vocals or spot FX for the verse.

Had to fight the urge to make all this into a 7 minute remix or some such silliness because there's easily enough content now even as unfinished as it is

------------------
Old 03-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #8
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC

The updated version is quite stunning.outstanding track ! 7 thumbs up.

------------------
Nothing to see here.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #9
Roo Stercogburn
On horseback

Cheers Rick.

More updates, mainly drum sub and EQ on vocals so they are clearer.

------------------
Old 07-07-2017, 01:27 AM   #10
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter

sorry guys gotta bump this .gotta love it.no special love for roo fuck that guy.still smokin tune
roo hs to blow me nonstop.

Last edited by Rixtr; 07-07-2017 at 01:34 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Nothing to see here.