[Deep House Vocals] PiperRoX - Edit 18
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 28-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #1
PiperRoX
Microknight
PiperRoX is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
[Deep House Vocals] PiperRoX - Edit 18

A track I made about two years ago, but sort of brushed up a little recently. It is still unfinished. It is perhaps best to use headphones to get the best experience with the bass. Tell me what you think if you feel inclined to

Advertisements

------------------
PiperRoX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Deep House Vocals] PiperRoX - Edit 18.
Old 28-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310
Re: [Deep House Vocals] PiperRoX - Edit 18

The intro drags a little bit. The overall track sounds good. Around 30 seconds when you've got the hi hats going i would have used that section as the intro but minus the bass. So basically it would have been 30 seconds intro of just the full on drums and then the bass line kicks in at 30 second.

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2660

My kid started to dance on 1:30. I guess first minute was boring. I like the tune, needs a little more work to fill some empty parts. thought rhodes had to much sidechain on them.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
PiperRoX
Microknight
PiperRoX is currently spamming hard

Thanks a lot for giving feedback guys

Neyus, that is great advice. I may do two versions. The one with the longer intro little for dj friendliness - not that I will ever release this lol, but just in case - and another edit that starts where it kicks in at 30 seconds without the bass.

Mario D, thanks. Can you elaborate on what you mean specifically when you say the empty parts need filling? Like the build ups to the drops? The 'rhodes' are a pad with a low cut off. They sound terrible when the cut-off is increased/opened up. Might add in some other strings, that can add to the progression of the song, rather than sticking with the pad that I can't really do much with. Thanks again for your advice

I am happy you guys like the ideas/sounds though, as I am in love with it lol.

------------------
PiperRoX is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #5
Tweaked
IDMf's latest spammer
Tweaked is currently spamming hard

Not much variation in the intro, and it kind of makes me want to fast forward. With that said, I like the rythm, and the elements are mixed well together. The vocals are also pleasant to listen to
Tweaked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #6
Cusing Regent
Regular Freak
Cusing Regent will become famous soon enough
San Francisco
MC Status: 60

It's got a good vibe.
Cusing Regent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 01:28 PM   #7
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Yeah..that intro could do with a swell or a whoosh or something to lift it and bring it along a bit. Apart from that I really loved this..it's got a nice mellow house vibe to it and goes well with the hot sunny day we're having here right now.

Only one thing I personally didn't like about it..about 2.09 there's this beep / boop sound that comes to the foreground and sounds out of sync with everything else..even takes away from the vocals a bit and kinda pissed me off a bit because of it.

I think you have it running throughout the track, but it's just around the 2.09 mark that it starts to become a pain. If you could tweak that, then that would be really cool and help things a lot..in my opinion.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote