Website for my business
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
Tumber
IDMf's latest spammer
Tumber will become famous soon enough
Posts: 2
MC Status: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Website for my business

Hello. I want to make a website for my business. Tell me some good company that can do this for me. I want good support and good service. Share your opinion.

Advertisements

Tumber is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
Posts: 1,861
MC Status: 19660
Thanks: 2
Thanked 393 Times in 341 Posts
Re: Website for my business

hi i can do it for you i do web desighn as a job freelance so tell us what you want and ill give you a price.
My websites makinpages.com
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
Muse-ic's Avatar
Posts: 5,713
MC Status: 6963583
Thanks: 6,191
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Maybe you should google and research this first before asking on a music production forum???? Narrow it down and give your top three and see if anyone has any experience.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #4
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
Jaded's Avatar
Posts: 4,336
MC Status: 6903359
Thanks: 4,633
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,108 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Buy a theme for $50, find a hosting company that offers one click CMS installs (WP, Drupal etc) and do it yourself.

If you pay a freelancer they're just going to buy a theme and install it on a server that has one click CMS installs and will charge you $500-$1,000 for a few hours of work that you can do yourself.

Either that, or they develop a custom solution and either leave you up shit creek when you run out of money or deliver a shit product because a custom solution needs thousands of dollars and/or skills most freelancers don't have.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
A.M (22-06-2017)
Old 22-06-2017, 03:29 AM   #5
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Vault O)))'s Avatar
Posts: 1,103
MC Status: 39160
Thanks: 995
Thanked 783 Times in 512 Posts
Re: Website for my business

#NoHelpAtAll, but I love the new custom title for new members

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 06:25 AM   #6
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
Muse-ic's Avatar
Posts: 5,713
MC Status: 6963583
Thanks: 6,191
Thanked 4,083 Times in 2,708 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
#NoHelpAtAll, but I love the new custom title for new members
LOL, didn't see that until just now!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 02:19 PM   #7
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
Roo Stercogburn's Avatar
On horseback
Posts: 10,496
MC Status: 42387299
Thanks: 1,213
Thanked 5,066 Times in 3,304 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
#NoHelpAtAll, but I love the new custom title for new members
Baby steps.

But Lolirl gets full credit for that awesomeness

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
Jaded (22-06-2017)
Old 22-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #8
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
liquid_air's Avatar
Corny
Posts: 2,473
MC Status: 51810
Thanks: 928
Thanked 1,036 Times in 764 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Can anyone here recommend a good plumber?

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #9
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Artificer's Avatar
Southern Hell
Posts: 571
MC Status: 32710
Thanks: 214
Thanked 654 Times in 380 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Can anyone here recommend a good plumber?
Call Dan. Tall Dan, not Hair Lip Dan. The one that lives downtown. He's great. Reasonable prices, too.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #10
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
Roo Stercogburn's Avatar
On horseback
Posts: 10,496
MC Status: 42387299
Thanks: 1,213
Thanked 5,066 Times in 3,304 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
Call Dan. Tall Dan, not Hair Lip Dan. The one that lives downtown. He's great. Reasonable prices, too.
Not any more. Got himself into crack and unreliable now. Try Dapper Dan. I'm a Dapper Dan man.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
Jaded (22-06-2017)
Old 22-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #11
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Artificer's Avatar
Southern Hell
Posts: 571
MC Status: 32710
Thanks: 214
Thanked 654 Times in 380 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Stercogburn View Post
Not any more. Got himself into crack and unreliable now. Try Dapper Dan. I'm a Dapper Dan man.
Just need to call him two weeks in advance.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 07:01 AM   #12
Srutop
IDMf's latest spammer
Srutop will become famous soon enough
Posts: 3
MC Status: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Website for my business

There are so many companies that can do this for you. You just need to know what you want.
Srutop is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #13
Caoutchou
Minor Glitch
Caoutchou has a spectacular aura aboutCaoutchou has a spectacular aura about
Posts: 32
MC Status: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Website for my business

We host our website at one.com, and we're pretty satisfied. Has an easy-to-use web editor and offers Wordpress - the latter being very easy to use but very extensive in its possibilities. There are a lot (or rather, an ENORMOUS) amount of tutorials etc. for Wordpress on the internet, so you might want to look into that yourself first before actually consulting someone to do it for you and perhaps paying a lot of money for sth that you could have done yourself.
Caoutchou is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #14
rmedhurst
IDMf Supporter
rmedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nicermedhurst is just really nice
rmedhurst's Avatar
Posts: 96
MC Status: 360
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Re: Website for my business

i can make websites see...

http://futurerave.uk/

(my site)
and

http://steven-medhurst.com/

(i didn't design the site but i did all the coding)

------------------
rmedhurst is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #15
Cusing Regent
Regular Freak
Cusing Regent will become famous soon enough
San Francisco
Posts: 15
MC Status: 60
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Website for my business

It is easy to install wordpress and a good theme.
Cusing Regent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 04:12 PM   #16
destinationsoun
Minor Glitch
destinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to beholddestinationsoun is a splendid one to behold
Posts: 40
MC Status: 810
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumber View Post
Hello. I want to make a website for my business. Tell me some good company that can do this for me. I want good support and good service. Share your opinion.
Hi! I would say you have 3 options and I will outline them below. First, my history. I'm a musician turned recording engineer turned web developer. I recently built a website that helped a company raise $200k in investment capital. I am self taught and I don't know too much but I learned enough to get a job done and pool resources when I was out of my depth.

1. Go to Shopify.com or wix.com or squarespace.com (there's a few others) and pay money monthly to build on their platform. The upside is customer support, good looking templates and easy to add content and manage content. The cons are your locked into their system and it can get pricier that if you did it yourself (example my current website cost $50 upfront and $5/month - way cheaper)

2. Pay someone to build for you. The upside is a custome look and feel. The downside is a huge chunk of upfront money and potentially $50-400 per hour for fixed and updates later on. Also most likely not a good user interface for you managing it on your own compare to options in #1. Also, security updates, website code updates and potentially expensive features that require custom coding. There are some cinten management systems that help with this such as Drupal Joomla or Wordpress.

3. Make your own website. Purchase a wordpress or Drupal template. Spend a few weeks learning how to work one of these Content management systems, then hire a programmer to build the things that aren't standard.

My suggestion would be option #1 if you have the money and not the time to learn. This is the easiest and all responsibility is on the shoulders of the company such as Shopify.

If you want to save money, I would suggest a hybrid approach. I would start messing around with drupal or Wordpress. Find one that works well for you. Then learn the basics of navigation and website updates. Then pay someone to manage your server and do periodic updates and custom coding. You can find some really nice templates that can save lots of time and money on themeforest.net

Also feel free to PM me for more info. A phone call might be easier than this chat

P.S. I know a great guy who can do the full site for you using Drupal CMS. It depends on your budget though. He's pricey. You get what you pay for though with programming. You can also try freelance.com or upwork.com. Careful with random people though many don't follow code standards and will leave security risks such as database injections and others.
destinationsoun is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #17
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
MFXxx's Avatar
My own little world
Posts: 1,581
MC Status: 1836827
Thanks: 654
Thanked 827 Times in 567 Posts
Re: Website for my business

Love it! Arf....


Quote:
Originally Posted by destinationsoun View Post
Hi! I would say you have 3 options and I will outline them below. First, my history. I'm a musician turned recording engineer turned web developer. I recently built a website that helped a company raise $200k in investment capital. I am self taught and I don't know too much but I learned enough to get a job done and pool resources when I was out of my depth.

1. Go to Shopify.com or wix.com or squarespace.com (there's a few others) and pay money monthly to build on their platform. The upside is customer support, good looking templates and easy to add content and manage content. The cons are your locked into their system and it can get pricier that if you did it yourself (example my current website cost $50 upfront and $5/month - way cheaper)

2. Pay someone to build for you. The upside is a custome look and feel. The downside is a huge chunk of upfront money and potentially $50-400 per hour for fixed and updates later on. Also most likely not a good user interface for you managing it on your own compare to options in #1. Also, security updates, website code updates and potentially expensive features that require custom coding. There are some cinten management systems that help with this such as Drupal Joomla or Wordpress.

3. Make your own website. Purchase a wordpress or Drupal template. Spend a few weeks learning how to work one of these Content management systems, then hire a programmer to build the things that aren't standard.

My suggestion would be option #1 if you have the money and not the time to learn. This is the easiest and all responsibility is on the shoulders of the company such as Shopify.

If you want to save money, I would suggest a hybrid approach. I would start messing around with drupal or Wordpress. Find one that works well for you. Then learn the basics of navigation and website updates. Then pay someone to manage your server and do periodic updates and custom coding. You can find some really nice templates that can save lots of time and money on themeforest.net

Also feel free to PM me for more info. A phone call might be easier than this chat

P.S. I know a great guy who can do the full site for you using Drupal CMS. It depends on your budget though. He's pricey. You get what you pay for though with programming. You can also try freelance.com or upwork.com. Careful with random people though many don't follow code standards and will leave security risks such as database injections and others.

Advertisements


------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not the best business pitch ever.. A.M The Side Room 14 17-02-2014 10:19 PM
(Electro) Fake Business Men - We're Not Really Business Men Dec Irish Listening Booth 0 30-08-2013 07:37 PM
The Business Behind Getting High Divercity The Side Room 7 30-07-2012 08:16 PM
Production as a business with my LLC? sondericker Music Scene Chat 2 11-09-2011 02:49 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.