[DuB IDM]-NOWFEEL-Really Loves You
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-06-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 260
[DuB IDM]-NOWFEEL-Really Loves You

This is an old track I did, just got around to doing a first run on a mixdown. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Wanted to give it a few days and come back fresh. Looking for some feedback from you guys before I start fine tuning the mix. Thanks in advance

Advertisements

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [DuB IDM]-NOWFEEL-Really Loves You.
Old 14-06-2017, 04:32 AM   #2
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560
Re: [DuB IDM]-NOWFEEL-Really Loves You

It Dubs and it IDMs. I thought the snare might've been a tad (and I do mean the tiniest bit) overdone, maybe back off some of the processing or layer a bit of an acoustic snare in there. Other than that, not much to say, sounds like you know your shiz.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
It Dubs and it IDMs. I thought the snare might've been a tad (and I do mean the tiniest bit) overdone, maybe back off some of the processing or layer a bit of an acoustic snare in there. Other than that, not much to say, sounds like you know your shiz.
Ya man , I thought the same thing as Ive been listening back to the tune. I went i little crazy with the room reverbI for the snare. Thanks for feedback and listen

------------------
Old 15-06-2017, 03:08 AM   #4
l3ug
Analog Lurker
l3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of light
Livorno
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
This is an old track I did, just got around to doing a first run on a mixdown. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Wanted to give it a few days and come back fresh. Looking for some feedback from you guys before I start fine tuning the mix. Thanks in advance

very interesting, totally agrre about that's snare XD

------------------
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K. Dick

l3ug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 06:52 AM   #5
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2860

Interesting

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Got around to fixing up the snare and doing a wee bit more mixing and a new master. As always any feedback is very much appreciated, thanks

------------------
Old 02-07-2017, 11:05 PM   #7
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610

Great composition and arrangement.

I don't have any hints or constructive critisism 'cause I didn't hear anything that was way off or wrong.

The only thing I can mention is perhaps that in the more busy sections, it would have been nice with some more separation of the different elements (Reverb? - Panning?).

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:20 PM   #8
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbj View Post
Great composition and arrangement.

I don't have any hints or constructive critisism 'cause I didn't hear anything that was way off or wrong.

The only thing I can mention is perhaps that in the more busy sections, it would have been nice with some more separation of the different elements (Reverb? - Panning?).

Cheers

agreed! It all depends if I ever have the energy to re visit this track, I may leave it in the dust and plow into new tunes. Thanks for the feedback

------------------
Old 07-07-2017, 04:51 AM   #9
tafoz
IDMf's latest spammer
tafoz will become famous soon enough
Brisbane
MC Status: 60

Listened to this on a shit pair of headphones and sounded crisp and well mixed down, nice synth production.
Well arranged too.
tafoz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #10
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafoz View Post
Listened to this on a shit pair of headphones and sounded crisp and well mixed down, nice synth production.
Well arranged too.

Thnk yas

------------------
Old 16-07-2017, 11:44 AM   #11
Cusing Regent
Regular Freak
Cusing Regent will become famous soon enough
San Francisco
MC Status: 60

I really liked this, good work.
Cusing Regent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #12
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171760
Thanked 3,435 Times in 2,563 Posts

I'm with sbj on this..could do with a touch more work on the spacing / panning side of things, to help make it really shine.

I've said this elsewhere to others on here, but I really think you need to go back into this now..don't dump it and move on. I've found I tend to make those "next level" steps when I dig deep and jump back into a project that I feel I want to run from and am tired of working on. It's those times that I tend to learn the biggest lessons about producing and about myself as a composer / producer.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #13
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2860

Did you made this in reason?

This sounds great man. Props to you! You are very talented. Track has much depth.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #14
Vilius J
Analog Lurker
Vilius J is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Interesting style don't know how to call it but sound like sorrow's tracks Keep doing this it's still something different !
Vilius J is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #15
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Did you made this in reason?

This sounds great man. Props to you! You are very talented. Track has much depth.
I wish! I left reason about 2 years ago. Now I use abelton to write everything, I'll usually do my final mix down in protools. I miss Reason some days, but now that I've moved DAWS I dont think I'll ever go back

------------------
Old 18-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #16
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilius J View Post
Interesting style don't know how to call it but sound like sorrow's tracks Keep doing this it's still something different !
Thanks

------------------
Old 18-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #17
strangerflesh
Soundwave Mangler
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I'm with sbj on this..could do with a touch more work on the spacing / panning side of things, to help make it really shine.

I've said this elsewhere to others on here, but I really think you need to go back into this now..don't dump it and move on. I've found I tend to make those "next level" steps when I dig deep and jump back into a project that I feel I want to run from and am tired of working on. It's those times that I tend to learn the biggest lessons about producing and about myself as a composer / producer.

You're probably right. I just really do well with momentum and fInd I learn so much by moving on to new projects, learning from my previous mistakes. I used to spend months mixing a track and by the time I was done I never wanted to sit down and mix again . I may visit this song in the coming weeks, Im trying to get an album together and have a bunch of material to mx, It might be good to visit it with fresh ears and see what type of ideas come to me when it comes to the placing of things in the stereo field. Thanks for the insight

Advertisements

------------------