Vinyl and Digital Distributors
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:38 AM   #1
Juxtpose
Granular Poster
Juxtpose is just really niceJuxtpose is just really niceJuxtpose is just really niceJuxtpose is just really niceJuxtpose is just really nice
Melbourne
MC Status: 410
Vinyl and Digital Distributors

Hi all, just curious to hear what experiences people have had with vinyl and digital distributors in the realm of techno/electronic music. Other than Lobster Theremin or Triple Vision would love to know what else is out there and what experiences people have had

Advertisements

------------------
Juxtpose is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
Detroit-Berlin
Minor Glitch
Detroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to allDetroit-Berlin is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: Vinyl and Digital Distributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtpose View Post
Hi all, just curious to hear what experiences people have had with vinyl and digital distributors in the realm of techno/electronic music. Other than Lobster Theremin or Triple Vision would love to know what else is out there and what experiences people have had
I used to release through Loudr (became Soundrop) (digital releases only), good service but not the best for distributing techno (itunes amazonmp3 spotify deezer).
I'm now looking for a distributor who can release to beatport and junodownload too as these are the most important platforms for selling this type of music.
Detroit-Berlin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #3
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744016091
Thanked 6,973 Times in 4,347 Posts

Ads can go suck a fuck.
When I want to listen to music I like why would I want to waste that time listening to non-music and information about products I don't want and probably can't afford?
Fuck that.
Buy the music direct.
Have some fucking respect for yourself and the musician who made it and fuck the advertisers and the corporations.
Keep that shit to a minimum in your life.
My free time is my free time, not free time for others to advertise to me, that time is expensive as fuck.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
A.M (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963383
Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,705 Posts

I get it. I think the tough thing about SC was that alot of people like me saw it change and made more commercial. It's one of the reasons I will probably start using Hearthis more in the future. I seriously had a hair coloring ad every 2 minutes about going blond. Is this just me because I am a girl and somehow they figured out I get highlights? LOL. I really like finding artists and such through SC.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 164010
Thanked 3,280 Times in 2,448 Posts

Same here..plus there's the fact streaming services payout rates in general are total shite, with the bulk of profits going to the service..just a new face on the old model for modern times. Granted..it's a business, but it's still a business that makes more than those who supply the goods it needs to make money in the first place..ie., music.

I'm not saying streaming isn't the way forward..just that it needs to be more fair when it comes to profit sharing with the artists it steams.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963383
Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon144 View Post
ya, they know everything. They send me alcohol ads.

..so cheers. "To making money".

And word, A.M, I agree. They need to be fair with payouts. Youtube does the best with it. Google ads pay the best.
I don't mind the youtube ads as much. I feel like with SC they are trying to badger you into paying for the streaming service instead of having a reasonable ad here and there, if that makes sense.

I understand the perspective of it being your livelihood and getting paid for your work. Personally I am still learning about the music production side so I can understand once you get something that is a marketable product you want to get paid for it.

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote