Has anyone submitted their music to Ultimae?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:59 AM   #1
signaldwn
Regular Freak
signaldwn has a spectacular aura aboutsignaldwn has a spectacular aura aboutsignaldwn has a spectacular aura about
Chicago
MC Status: 210
Has anyone submitted their music to Ultimae?

It's a shot in the dark, but I'm interested because I noticed a submission page on their website. I thought of sending them some material I've been holding on to.

Advertisements

signaldwn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:02 AM   #2
Sons of Achab
Soundwave Mangler
Sons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond reputeSons of Achab has a reputation beyond repute
In a beautiful place out in the country
MC Status: 3460
Re: Has anyone submitted their music to Ultimae?

I know a guy who knows a guy who... knows Vincent Villuis (aka Aes Dana). I once considered sending him a demo but I've been told that he is a very busy man, and that he doesn't really have the time to listen to demos.

Also he is really selective on the material he is working on, so make sure that your material fits with the label roster.

But it costs nothing to send him your material, so give it a try!

------------------
Sons of Achab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sons of Achab
A.M (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 09:38 AM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181310
Thanked 3,626 Times in 2,702 Posts
Re: Has anyone submitted their music to Ultimae?

Yeah..I've heard very similar things myself..and it's clear he's very passionate about how how the label is run in general..I think that's clear enough from the overall vibe of "cohesiveness" you get from their catalogue of artists..the level of support they give to the same..as well as the very real sense of dealing with a real person whenever you buy something from them. How many labels send you personalized messages when when you buy music from them these days? Not many.

I know it's just a small thing..but a nice touch all the same.

LSS..go for it..you'll never know if you don't make contact, but just make sure the stuff you send is your best.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Orchidaceae (12-06-2017)