[Harsh Mellow] Toothpinch - Soul Funk
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #1
Toothpinch
Microknight
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1860
[Harsh Mellow] Toothpinch - Soul Funk

No clue what to label this as - so just made something up.

Older song of mine I went back to clean up / re-release, never posted here.

Advertisements

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Harsh Mellow] Toothpinch - Soul Funk.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2412621
Re: [Harsh Mellow] Toothpinch - Soul Funk

hmmm not sure about the vocals m8ty, but thats just me maybe change the bassline instead of it just being 1/16 notes? I feel like the vocals rob the track of it's meaning, and it tries to be edgy or cool but it fails and makes everything else fail as well. I'd say play around with the melodies and bassline, and take off the vocals :p keep it up !

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #3
RYNO
Regular Freak
RYNO has a spectacular aura aboutRYNO has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I agree, the vocals don't compliment the track. The experimentation is cool though, maybe the mood of the track needs to change to suit the vocals. Maybe you need to make two different tracks... like a pt. II? Thanks for sharing
RYNO is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Yeah..sorry, but I have to agree with what the guys have already said. It's not a bad track..just a bad marriage of sounds I think..kinda sounds like a cheesy early electro thing gone wrong..one of those tracks you heard late at night on the radio one wet Tuesday night and never heard again. As Ryno said, maybe you need to make two track out of this..idk.

The upside to this, if you want to view it as such, is this really reminds me of Kavinsky's Nightcall from the score of the movie "Drive"..well, at least I hear touches of it in there.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
Toothpinch
Microknight
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1860

Ok, thanks for the advice.

The vocal effects go along with all the other songs I do - so it really wasn't much of a departure in that regard - but yeah, if it's not matching the lyrics / music - then I get it.

Cheesy early electro / industrial is kinda my thing, but trying to make it "work".
If I get in the mood I will give a crack at it again, but I will probably let it fall off in the pile of "nopes".
As I get a little more confidence with my voice I will do less on the processing / effects.

thx again

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpinch View Post
Ok, thanks for the advice.

The vocal effects go along with all the other songs I do - so it really wasn't much of a departure in that regard - but yeah, if it's not matching the lyrics / music - then I get it.

Cheesy early electro / industrial is kinda my thing, but trying to make it "work".
If I get in the mood I will give a crack at it again, but I will probably let it fall off in the pile of "nopes".
As I get a little more confidence with my voice I will do less on the processing / effects.

thx again

I don't think it's one for the "nope" pile..and sorry if what we're saying here makes you feel like that about this. If this is your style, man..and it's what you're going for..then keep at it...it's all in the polishing..and dropping this will not help you take your style further..you really should go back and re-work this..if only for the experience and different things it throws up at you in the process.

Keep doing what you do, due..and keep pushing yourself..it never ends for any of us who are serious about what we do.

Regarding the vocals..kudos on that front..again. practice makes perfect, as they say. That style of singing is all in the timing I guess..the FX side you seem to have nailed already.

Anyway, just wanted to offer some sort of support to ya, in case you went away thinking..

a) you suck

b) we suck.

or

c) We all suck

None of the above are true.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote