Sidechain purpose
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 25-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
Sorrezoo
Regular Freak
Sorrezoo will become famous soon enoughSorrezoo will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Sidechain purpose

So i've been told that Sidechain kicks brings better quality and its good for Uplifting but each time i try to side chain i just mess up i dont have gross beat which makes it bit easier do all producers use sidechain or is it just a extra for sounds

Advertisements

Sorrezoo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 03:58 AM   #2
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Pen Island
MC Status: 27910
Re: Sidechain purpose

Hah, I didn't think you still posted here. Glad you came back.

Honestly, ducking is just a technique, IMO. It's a tool that can sometimes enhance (or destroy) a mix. There's no more magic to it than there is with regular EQing, compressing, dynamic EQing or multiband compressing. They're just tools at your disposal.

With that said, if you're making Goa trance or some shit it's probably standard to SC everything to your kick for that particular pumping sound. TBH I don't like hearing it in metal, but plenty of producers use it there as well.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 11:38 PM   #3
Sorrezoo
Regular Freak

How often do you sidechain?
Old 28-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #4
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 17410

I do it to some extent in almost every song I do. You don't need to use grossbeat, I use the volume knob in fruity balance connected the the output from a fruity peak controller. Use the formula ".8-input" to start, then modify the strength of the effect by modifying the slope of the input. (".8-.5*input"). The smaller the decimal, the less the effect. I also use the smoothing at the bottom of the control window, so enable that and set to taste. The only downside to this is it can use a lot of mixer effects slots (one for the source channel and one for every channel you want to duck), but you can sidechain everything to the kick in varying ways if you change the formula for each instance of fruity balance. You can also buss all your instruments into one mix buss with a balance in there and sidechain everything through that, though I don't like that myself. There's free sidechainers too, I know two just launched last month.

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2017...ez-simpleside/

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2017...o-sidechainer/

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
Sorrezoo
Regular Freak

Seems like you know quite a bit about Sidechaining ive tried the standard proccess you just explained but i forgot how to do it

Advertisements