[Ambient] Mysta Fx - Rhodes Melochony (Nothing to hear here)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 23-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1828627
[Ambient] Mysta Fx - Rhodes Melochony (Nothing to hear here)

Just me meandering...rough and unkempt, but puts me to sleep!

Last edited by A.M; 24-05-2017 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Ambient] Mysta Fx - Rhodes Melochony (Nothing to hear here).
Old 24-05-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 99650
Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,300 Posts
Re: [Ambient] Rhodes Melochony (Nothing to hear here)

How in the hell am I supposed to dance to this?

The distortion at 4:13 sounds more accidental than intentional - it doesn't fit since there isn't anything like that anywhere else. If you wanted to distort though, there's plenty of room to add it, but maybe gradually?
Again, the distortion at 6:30, I do like that you change it up here - maybe if that wasn't just right at the end of the song. Perhaps a phrase of something similar earlier or whatnot, otherwise it's just like oh here, it's different right before the ending.

I don't know that you are actually going back to work on this one or anything, but thanks for sharing.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
Re: [Ambient] Rhodes Melochony (Nothing to hear here)

Lol everything is incidental ...nothing to hear here 😎 thanks for listening though.
The distortion is due to an issue with plugin and the velocity of the Rhodes signal being hotter than the rest of the track .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
Old 28-05-2017, 11:37 PM   #4
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world
Re: [Ambient] Mysta Fx - Rhodes Melochony (Nothing to hear here)

FWIW Updated and got rid of that nasty oversaturated distortion about half way through.

Still meandering....

------------------
Old 31-05-2017, 06:38 AM   #5
Aaron Marshall
Learning The Ropes
Aaron Marshall is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I'm digging this. It reminds me of Vangelis jamming out. It does meander, but that's part of its charm. It would be neat if it lured you in with its meandering and then an accompaniment of some subtle sustained synth slowly ebbed into the piece. Then it could take on a more distinct structure. Then the synth could exit and the rhodes meanders off again.

I like the vibe overall. Very cool!
Aaron Marshall is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 10:07 PM   #6
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Marshall View Post
I'm digging this. It reminds me of Vangelis jamming out. It does meander, but that's part of its charm. It would be neat if it lured you in with its meandering and then an accompaniment of some subtle sustained synth slowly ebbed into the piece. Then it could take on a more distinct structure. Then the synth could exit and the rhodes meanders off again.

I like the vibe overall. Very cool!
Privileged for your first post. Thank you. Yep been playing around with some Diva to pin it down. It will come.

------------------
Old 05-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #7
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237756

It tends to lose the listener in the second half, I'm afraid, as it becomes clear that the track fumbles around aimlessly.
First half is sweet, pondering and immersive!

------------------
www.soundcloud.com/morgenwurde
www.soundcloud.com/coccus

My new album Assassinous Act, a soundtrack for a fictitious thriller:
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147294
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #8
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgen View Post
It tends to lose the listener in the second half, I'm afraid, as it becomes clear that the track fumbles around aimlessly.
First half is sweet, pondering and immersive!
Thanks for listening. I always appreciate it and taking time to type feedback.

You are correct, I started to layer some bass and will build with strings etc as time goes on. Will update. But its a back burner project with a few other similar tracks at the moment.

------------------
Old 07-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #9
Neuralsphere
Soundwave Mangler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 6660

I've been teleported to my youth, sat on a playstation one... Breath of Fire III (had a pretty sweet soundtrack for its time)... There were some melancholic moments in that game that really hooked you in... This is full of feeling and charm and a certain sense of stigma for me. It's magic mate, tread carefully with this one and save regularly when fiddling, it's a daydream made music.

Melancholic music should meander in my opinion. It suits a pensive mood.

Edit: The new Zelda: Breath of the wild has his kind of feel to it... Lots of meandering piano solos that really cause you to stop and breathe and admire the games craftmenship. Seriously reminds me of this too.

Last edited by Neuralsphere; 07-06-2017 at 01:32 PM..

------------------
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #10
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 47510

Cool backbone for a great Ambient track. I love a Rhodes any day. Some lush pads under there and slow analog arpeggios with Diva. Maybe a slow LPF resonant sweep here and there. Some whispered vocals.

Cool!

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #11
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Thanks for all the input on this one. Taking on board all the ideas and how I want to evolve this seems to marry. Seeing as it's an improvised piece I need to marry up th notes to keys and chords. The I can build or I may simply improvise the additional parts by ear. Not being musically knowledgeable the improvisation will probably work better. Keep and eye on this space. I'll bump it when done.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 AM   #12
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 has a spectacular aura abouthendu12 has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Damn, this would sound so amazing with a saxophone or some jazzy samples. Have you done or considered anything like this? I love Rhodes keyboard, and this ambient approach to it is awesome.

Seriously I could just imagine a saxophone going along to this. Maybe it's just my desire for ambient jazz shining through or something lol. I just got finished listening to Sunset Mission by Bohren and der Club of Gore, I highly recommend it if you think you like the idea of ambient jazz.

It is really good man, pat yourself on the back!
hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #13
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163710
Thanked 3,274 Times in 2,444 Posts

Yeah..pretty cool Vangelique rambling down ambient Rhodes of beauty..only to get lost after a mile or so.

Been there myself, mate..nearly always end up there at some point in a project, so take my joshing above as just that. I really liked this..totally my thing..just wish you could have made it a little more "complete" in more ways than one. Hopefully you will.

Nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #14
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Will keep you posted. Listening to it today at work, perfect to relax and create a PUR Mood We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yeah..pretty cool Vangelique rambling down ambient Rhodes of beauty..only to get lost after a mile or so.

Been there myself, mate..nearly always end up there at some point in a project, so take my joshing above as just that. I really liked this..totally my thing..just wish you could have made it a little more "complete" in more ways than one. Hopefully you will.

Nice one.

Advertisements

------------------