Best of BB compilation
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 22-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts
Best of BB compilation

You guys have been hard at it for a while now.
Does anyone have any interest in compiling a best of Beat Battles into a release?
Give us a shout if you do.
Also, let's get some ideas on tracks you think should be included.
I guess we should start with round winners?

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837077
Re: Best of BB compilation

Great idea. Ive kept several of mine and a few reworked outside the BBs rules once over. Hit me as in and the way forward is moulded

------------------
MFXxx is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
lolirl (23-05-2017)
Old 24-05-2017, 05:12 AM   #3
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478004

innntereeeeestinnnnng

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 07:05 AM   #4
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903359
Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,108 Posts

Man great idea! BB's are the most solid thing going on around here at the minute. Heard a lot of great stuff from these kents the last 6-12 months.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #5
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7110

I am totally down for that, but I would request that we be allowed to rework them, not have to submit the originals. I think the best part about the BBs is that we were able to come so far with so little and a a lot of sparks of inspiration were lit. That initial spark in many cases really motivated me to not let a song go after the battle and want to improve it more. Also, frankly the one that I won with was a not as bangin' as a few I lost with, so please do not make that a criteria.

Hell, either way I am in, sounds like fun and a great forum promotion.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181360
Thanked 3,627 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
I am totally down for that, but I would request that we be allowed to rework them, not have to submit the originals. .

I second this suggestion..and would even tag on the end a slight variation..that we have "Double Album" release, if all concerned were up for it..one with all the originals..and the other with the new reworked tracks, with a kind of "Then and Now" thing going on.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 8710

reworked defeats the purpose imo

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Possible I've got about 40+ BB projects backed up for this very moment...😚

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
Old 24-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
reworked defeats the purpose imo
I think the important thing is whilst the bbs are strict this is an opportunity to get some quality tracks out on the IDM Forums and beyond. Get some releases going. Club bangaz has had over 1000 plays. Great exposure and as artists we want to present our work at the highest standard. Within a certain criteria and still respecting the BB. There's a lot of quality BB subs that bode great foundations for something better.

------------------
Old 24-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #10
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21060

I'd certainly be interested if any of my stuff makes the cut. I agree we shouldn't limit it to winners, some BBs are definitely better than others and there are times where I think this round's winner isn't as good as the unfinished jam from last round. Maybe a vote of some of our favorite BBs could be a start? Might be worth checking and seeing how far back we actually have projects for so that we don't go vote for BB1 and then find out no one has anything from it. I have back to BB50 only (and a few missed from now to then to boot!). I'd be open to re-working a track or just polishing it or submitting it raw, though I think that might need to be decided on a case by case basis almost. Again, kinda depends on the BB in question.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
A.M (24-05-2017)
Old 25-05-2017, 06:04 AM   #11
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
I think the important thing is whilst the bbs are strict this is an opportunity to get some quality tracks out on the IDM Forums and beyond. Get some releases going. Club bangaz has had over 1000 plays. Great exposure and as artists we want to present our work at the highest standard. Within a certain criteria and still respecting the BB. There's a lot of quality BB subs that bode great foundations for something better.

That's a fairly convincing argument. I could swing either way. If we do reworked we might lose subs due to the extra work involved, something that might have attracted subs in the past about the BB's has been the low pressure environment. And the imperfection is one of the core concepts. I suppose once/if more members pipe in we'd have a clear answer at some point. Reworked seems more popular as of now and I don't particularly mind that.

In terms of picking the tracks, i agree, my winning tracks aren't necessarily the ones i'm most happy with.

I think I could probably track down all my BB projects, scattered around my harddrives if need be.

------------------

Thanks to 7asid
A.M (25-05-2017)
Old 25-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #12
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Thanks 7asid.

I think as far as choosing tracks...maybe the boards admin could drive it and have the final say maybe?

------------------
Old 25-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
That's a fairly convincing argument. I could swing either way. If we do reworked we might lose subs due to the extra work involved, something that might have attracted subs in the past about the BB's has been the low pressure environment. And the imperfection is one of the core concepts. I suppose once/if more members pipe in we'd have a clear answer at some point. Reworked seems more popular as of now and I don't particularly mind that.

In terms of picking the tracks, i agree, my winning tracks aren't necessarily the ones i'm most happy with.

I think I could probably track down all my BB projects, scattered around my harddrives if need be.
MFXxx basically expanded / explained my suggestion..which I should have done myself, but I took it the suggestion was clear enough as it stood.

Obviously nobody is or would be forcing anyone to remix / polish / edit anything they've already done / submitted if they didn't want to..that would be up to the individual, but some might like the chance to give their track a little more "shine" second-time round..hence the suggestion.

For any purists out there, we could go with one album of the release which is only winning tracks in their original form..and the second album of the release made up of non-winners "revisited".

Obviously, I'm suggesting post-mixing stuff here..like reworking EQ and FX..just general mastering stuff..not remixes, as remixes might be taking things too far from the original BB concept. There could always be a remix album of BB tracks, too..everything is possible really..as long as we stay active, explore everything fully and there's enough folks interested to make things happen.

Last edited by A.M; 25-05-2017 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: Fecking typos!

------------------
Thanks to A.M
7asid (25-05-2017)
Old 26-05-2017, 06:27 AM   #14
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029791
Thanked 7,247 Times in 4,504 Posts

At the moment I am strongly leaning towards keeping it true to the BB's, cutting down on turnaround time and just thinking it will be 'as they were'.
I understand what you guys are saying and appreciate that you want your best side shown and that some BB work does not do that.
To that I would say that with approx 200+ tracks to chose from, I would hope that we could agree on 10-12 tracks to use that are already ready to go.
I don't want anyone to get upset that they've spent 30 hours reworking something only for me to tell them that it won't be selected because we're not doing that.
Hold your horses at this point guys.
With that said, feel free to point me in the right direction with your own selection of 10 tracks I should consider in the meantime.

Other BB related projects I'm thinking about are approaching regular winners for a single artist release of some kind and possibly a remix album.
Any thoughts?
It would be nice to get a few balls rolling now so that we can minimise time between releases.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #15
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Cheers lol sounds solid to me.

Going to start digging around.

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (26-05-2017)
Old 26-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #16
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 51910
Thanked 1,038 Times in 765 Posts

Cool idea, lolirl. These are a fun thing that I wish I had more time for. I'm always amazed what folks coax out of these sometimes odd samples. Thanks for recognizing this steady community project.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 11:22 PM   #17
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21060

Just spent around 2 hours going through some BBs. This is the list of tracks that stuck out for me. I tried to balance different people, different genres, different mix styles. I certainly don't expect these all to be on there (hell, I'm only on the list for my own ego and the possibility of fame and riches, though I do think my suggestions represent my best BB work). I hope it serves as a helpful starting point, and I would suggest going back and trying to find other regulars who've done it at various points. Without further ado, here be my list:
EDIT: had to cut out a few tracks, forgot about the 10-track limit. I cut some duplicate artists and myself.

bb52 - brb

bb51 - Neuralsphere

bb50 - IO Madness

bb49 - Creepr

bb46 - IO Madness

bb20 - Thomas, MFXxx number 3, Surgeongeneral

bb27 - Surgeongeneral

bb43 - 7asid

Last edited by White Noise; 26-05-2017 at 11:29 PM..

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 05:42 AM   #18
7asid
Knob Twiddler
Vancouver

Maybe every BB participant submits their one favourite of their own bb submissions and we go from there?

------------------

Thanks to 7asid
A.M (27-05-2017)
Old 27-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #19
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2960

Dissapointed. Thought this thread is about BB King. Oh the sorrow.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mario D
mnkvolcno (31-05-2017)
Old 27-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #20
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Dissapointed. Thought this thread is about BB King. Oh the sorrow.
It IS about the BB king..or Kings..even Queens, for that matter..what planet are you on?

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Mario D (27-05-2017)