Club Bangerz Vol. 1 Release Hype - 05/05/2017
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 AM   #1
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106800
Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,376 Posts
Icon14 Club Bangerz Vol. 1 Release Hype - 05/05/2017

(voting link is on bandcamp page)

HERE IT IS!!!!

It's time to listen, its time to vote, and it's time to share this shiz with your future fans! I'd love for people to comment below about songs they enjoy - do drunk reviews of the album, whatever makes you happy. Hell, try to influence each other's votes.

As everyone knows, compilations are made by people who don't have enough talent or patience to release an album of their own. IDMf Club Bangerz (sic) is smart in that it tries to avoid this pitfall by using several tracks by Qianta.

If that wasn't enough genius for you it also has a lot of pink on the album cover, and a weird shade of purple too.

Obviously I didn't listen to the album in full, but if I had I would probably have something like this to say: IDMf Club Bangerz (sic) is the exact dance music you would expect from this community. It has all the boring traits of house music that these bedroom nerds usually scowl at, but somehow manages to fuse it with all the tedium of their own bleak artistic expression.

In all honesty, Dictator is my favourite Clash song of all time, but the rest of Cut the Crap feels like it has no place in the band's catalog. You're much better off with everything from the London Calling era, and a lot of the work on Sandinista is worth checking out too. You also can't go wrong with some of the more fun songs from Combat Rock like Should I Stay or Should I Go and Rock the Casbah.

Famously Roger Ebert was not a fan of Blue Velvet. Often I trust the judgements that man made but sometimes I just don't get it. He also gave We Need to Talk About Kevin four stars out of four stars. That movie had very two dimensional characters in my opinion, and gave very little insight into the true horrors of school massacres.

Using numbers to review things is a little arbitrary as it is. No one needs to know what you rate something out of four. At least rate it out of five. Some websites rate movies and games out of 100. They can actually afford to be that specific, although they don't usually justify the difference between an 86 out of 100 and an 87, you know?

Actually, Netflix just switched to this new percentage thing but I don't think it works too well. It tells me I have an 80% match on shows I rated 5/5 on the old system, but to be an 80% match means I would have rated them 4/5.

OH! Also, Oatbag's on there twice, because he remixed a track. That almost slipped past me. Mysta FX too. Probably others.

Anyway, this album is probably 4/4 all the way through. I don't know if that's helpful to you, but I think most people who review music completely neglect time signatures because they don't know what they're listening to.

Maybe a friend who features on IDMf Club Bangerz (sic) could force you to put it on your phone. Then you might be out somewhere, and you'll run out of data, and if there's no Wi-Fi you'll still have something to listen to.

Or you could just download it now, listen to it, and form your own opinions on how great it is.

-Tim (The Professional)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do ask that you link people to the album bandcamp instead of directly to the voting page so you can at least pretend that they might have listened to something before voting. The link to the vote page is in the album description, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that it's possible to embed the widget (was what I had hoped to do).
With this voting software, it is possible to cheat and vote multiple times by doing tricky things. Please don't. I can't really stop you without paying lots of real money and turning on the extra vote protection that also accidentally blocks real people and still doesn't prevent all ways to fake votes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Download of the entire album is available (how else are we going to get those sweet sweet mixes started).

If you are interested in submitting a mix - download away, do your dj thing, upload it to your favourite hosting site, and post it up in this thread!

I have set the download (for now) to album only and have option to pay what you want. You can choose zero. You should choose zero. But, if you do choose to contribute - it will go towards the prize for the next compilation (which will be announced June 1 YAY).
Streaming the songs from the bandcamp page is free of course too!
I can turn individual song downloads on later.

--------------------------------------------
RELEASE LINK: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(this is the link we want to share - not directly to the voting app thing)
--------------------------------------------

Last edited by Oatbag; 12-05-2017 at 07:27 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 AM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
Re: Club Bangerz Vol. 1 Release Hype - 05/05/2017

MIXES

DJ Oxygen - IDMf Club Bangerz Mix Pt 1
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Qianta & DJ Oxygen - Frosty (I-S IDMf Bangers comp vol1 remix)

DJ Sitechain - Quick and Dirty Bangerz

REMIXES

Sitechain - Halo Halo (Qianta is soooo lazy remix)

Mysta Fx - DefAir (So much remix that it's a remux)

STEMS

White Noise - Airwaves

Sitechain - Halo Halo:

Sitechain - Tropical Break

Mysta Fx - Lottie

Deafmoo5 - IDFK

DJ Oxygen - Dem Bytchez Liek Bass

Last edited by Oatbag; 16-06-2017 at 12:19 AM..

------------------
Old 01-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1836877

Great work OB and thanks for all your time and effort in holding this together in driving a banging result!
Thanks Relic for the Purple motivation....someone in that list is going to be one proud club banger bugger!

Cheers all and good luck...at least we now know which idiot submitted an 8+ minute classic!

Seriously looking forward to listening to everyone's subs. Well done all.

Last edited by MFXxx; 01-05-2017 at 10:19 AM..

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
Oatbag (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 39510

You should set up a preorder for this and everything. You know, just to get our tits wet

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
Oatbag (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Very cool! Looking forward to hearing all your tracks

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
Oatbag (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181060
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts

Thanks, OB for busting a great number of balls on this..we all still love ya.

Seriously, dude..much thanks for keeping this shit on course and getting it to where it set out to be right from the start..and on time, too., no less!

Thanks also to everyone else who took part and made this thing a real thing..it's been a real team thing from the get-go and the on-going input and banter has been great..thanks again to one and all.

May the most shittiest track win!

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Oatbag (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538280
Thanked 6,947 Times in 4,941 Posts

Also now you all know what part of my kitchen looks like. Sexy. I know. And yes we are still rocking the penguin and snowman table cloth in the background. It is 73 degrees and rainy today in lovely Akron, OH and I have officially killed a lot of brain cells this weekend. Ooppppssss

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #8
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Don't know why, but I for some reason always thought you are based over in Colorado..ya learn something new every day.

------------------
Old 01-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #9
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Don't know why, but I for some reason always thought you are based over in Colorado..ya learn something new every day.
I think there are quite a few regulars from Colorado. I'm just chillin' in Ohio with the good ol' boys.

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #10
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2413671

<33333333333333333333

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Qianta
Oatbag (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #11
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 20360

April 5th? it's May.

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #12
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
April 5th? it's May.
May 5th. Its May 5th. Thanks for the catch though. I'm sure Oaty will edit it soon here.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Oatbag (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #13
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 21010

Quote:
April 5th? it's May.
Nah it"s just 2018.

------------------
Also, check this out. Updated 10-27-17.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Nah it"s just 2018.

Are you sure? I thought it was February 31st..don't know where I got that idea.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
djoxygen (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #15
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Are you sure? I thought it was February 31st..don't know where I got that idea.
Dude. I would shrivel up and die if that were true. The semester is almost over. Stop trying to put me back in time!

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 39510

May the fifth be with us all

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
Oatbag (02-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #17
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
May the fifth be with us all

------------------
Thanks to A.M
jVs (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 12:03 AM   #18
Toothpinch
Radial Developer
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1960

Quote:
April 5th? it's May.
Looking forward (or backward as the case may be) to hearing what came out of this.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:41 AM   #19
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Best Coast

Quote:
April 5th? it's May.
Damnit.

Fixed.

HYPE!!!!

------------------
Old 02-05-2017, 02:13 AM   #20
djoxygen
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390479

i like mayonaise spongebob.....

Advertisements

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to djoxygen
Oatbag (02-05-2017)