Heard BoC on the radio today WTF
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 28-03-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 18760
Heard BoC on the radio today WTF

There are only about 3 really good radio stations in Minneapolis.. and the electronic stuff on the radio around here reeeeally sucks BUT the work site for my job is currently in Minnetonka, and if you tune in to 97.5 while in Minnetonka, it's a fucking amazing radio station that plays a ton of downtempo/ambient/glitch

I heard BoC on the radio on my way home from work today, it was pretty cool

Advertisements

stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to stray medicine
relic (28-03-2017)
Old 28-03-2017, 02:29 AM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8519530
Thanked 6,572 Times in 4,690 Posts
Re: Heard BoC on the radio today WTF

Our NPR affiliate or w/e plays some great beat oriented music between spots. Not sure I've heard BoC but stuff like J Dilla and Prefuse 73 for sure.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
stray medicine (28-03-2017)
Old 28-03-2017, 02:34 AM   #3
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Our NPR affiliate or w/e plays some great beat oriented music between spots. Not sure I've heard BoC but stuff like J Dilla and Prefuse 73 for sure.
Yeah NPR and Classical NPR are great
wish NPR would play out those tracks between segments all the way, or just played some tracks like that in a row instead of only between segments, they always seem so short
Thanks to stray medicine
relic (28-03-2017)
Old 28-03-2017, 03:35 AM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8519530
Thanked 6,572 Times in 4,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray medicine View Post
Yeah NPR and Classical NPR are great
wish NPR would play out those tracks between segments all the way, or just played some tracks like that in a row instead of only between segments, they always seem so short
They play so much of it I'm surprised they don't just do a 15 minute or 30 minute spot. That is awesome you've got that station. I'd be so stuck on that during my commute.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42368099
Thanked 4,682 Times in 3,058 Posts

Do they broadcast over the web?

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercogburn View Post
Do they broadcast over the web?
they don't unfortunately, and I can't seem to find any information about the radio station online aside from where it's located, they don't even say what kind of music they play lol
Old 30-03-2017, 03:57 PM   #7
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42368099
Thanked 4,682 Times in 3,058 Posts

Quote:
they don't unfortunately, and I can't seem to find any information about the radio station online aside from where it's located, they don't even say what kind of music they play lol
Haha proper unnerground

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:18 AM   #8
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 has a spectacular aura abouthendu12 has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD View Post
There's a local classical station to me that broadcasts "the late lounge" from 11pm through the night. There's no presenter, just a load of tracks and jingles obviously preloaded but I've heard BoC, Aphex, B12, Autechre, The Orb, Mira Calix, FSOL, Sabres Of Paradise, Jazzanova, Matthew Herbert and countless more. Plus artists like King Tubby through to Steve Reich.

Initially I though it was just syndicated filler from compilations but after one too many obscurities I contacted the station and got a knowing yet aloof "yeah, we know " back.

I listen in at least once a week and when my kid was just out the hospital and doing 2 hour feeds, it was almost every night.
Aww, you lucky bastard! That radio station sounds like heaven. I just recently discovered Matthew Herbert, I would love to hear what is being played there.
All I have on my radio is 1000 country stations, a few classic rock stations, one good r&b station that talks way too fucking much, billboard stations, and NPR.
hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:18 AM   #9
hendu12
Minor Glitch
hendu12 has a spectacular aura abouthendu12 has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
There are only about 3 really good radio stations in Minneapolis.. and the electronic stuff on the radio around here reeeeally sucks BUT the work site for my job is currently in Minnetonka, and if you tune in to 97.5 while in Minnetonka, it's a fucking amazing radio station that plays a ton of downtempo/ambient/glitch

I heard BoC on the radio on my way home from work today, it was pretty cool
What song was it?

Advertisements

hendu12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote