Is German Trance a real genre..?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 25-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Kozmotron
Radial Developer
Kozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Icon5 Is German Trance a real genre..?

I've first seen this term on the "trackitdown(dot)net" site, in which they'd label some Hard Trance songs with "Euro" and "German" Trance labels... it was long ago I was seeing this, but I believed German Trance was real because of this.
I recently looked online about it, and there really hardly seems to be any descriptions of the "genre".. and I've only ever seen much of a reference to it on Wikipedia (for "German Trance artists") and on Urban Dictionary (for a brief description of how it's a "dark", "brooding" and such of a form of Hard Trance).

--and YES, I know Wiki and Urban Dictionary should NEVER be the sources to believe the info on there on practically ANYthing, but I'm just pointing out that those were a couple of the sources that actually had some info on "German Trance"--

I was also told once by someone that "German Trance" does not exist as a musical style, which is what made be start to question the label's legitimacy/existence. So I thought to ask on here for thoughts or knowledge on this subject, because I'm sure there are some people here who have a good understanding of Trance music and its many subgenres~

And, just a question out of curiosity -- is there some dark/heavy/brooding genre of Trance that might better fit the description of "German Trance" (as illustrated under the Urban Dictionary definition), or are those characteristics really just part of the Hard Trance genre?

Advertisements

Kozmotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote