Bonobo - Migration
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 14-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
LawrenceL342
Radial Developer
LawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to beholdLawrenceL342 is a splendid one to behold
Glasgow
MC Status: 910
Bonobo - Migration

has anyone else listened to this yet? such a gorgeous album! my favourite track atm is Grains

Advertisements

------------------
LawrenceL342 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
VA
MC Status: 710
Re: Bonobo - Migration

Loving his use of seemingly acoustic drums. Honestly though, each track is really different. I can't explain it well but this album has a very thoughtful quality to it. Especially those string-like pads. So far my favorite track is Outlier
Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
_nanonoise_
Microknight
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260

Great album! My current favs are Bambro Koyo Ganda and Second sun
To me it's up there with Dial M and Black Sands.

if you ever have the chance to see his live act its AMAZING!
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Sammysong
Master of the LFO
Sammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MCSammysong is a savage MC
Bat Country
MC Status: 4046897

Outlier is indeed a killer tune, I think we all collectively melt at 4.40. His live acts are indeed amazing; I see you're from Belgium, I've had the chance to see him play live at the Ancienne Belgique (probably the best sound in BE), Dour festival (2004, when I was 12; 2007, 2013 and 2014), the Botanique and few other venues in Ghent. Overall, a quality artist who's been one of the pioneers of the trip-hop scene; Bonobo does it again with Migration.

------------------
Sammysong is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
EggplantPurple
Minor Glitch
EggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to behold
Toronto/Tkaronto
MC Status: 760

Didn't know this was out. Sweet! Thanks. On a first listen I'm enjoying but nothing has blown me away yet. And some tracks on previous albums have blown me away on first listen. Specifically First Fires and Stay the Same. Yeah!
EggplantPurple is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 01:14 AM   #6
Rvrsal
Minor Glitch
Rvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to beholdRvrsal is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

For some weird reason, I didn't get addicted to it the way I did with some of his other albums like Black Sands or The Northern Borders... Really hard to pinpoint why though

Advertisements

Rvrsal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote