MuLab 7 released
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:12 AM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 171910
Thanked 3,438 Times in 2,566 Posts
MuLab 7 released

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not being paid to say any of this..and, NO, I don't work for MuTools either..just a complete and utter MuLab fanboy. )

The good people over at [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
only recently released the latest version of their intuitive modular music production studio, MuLab 7, which is both Mac OSX and Windows friendly..and comes in both 32 and 64 bit flavors.

MuLab comes with a top-quality modular synth and effect engine built into it and..as they say on their site, "..MuLab is an easy, effective and rock-solid tool designed to create, record, edit and finalize your music!

I've personally been using this DAW now since version 4 (.or was it version 3?) and personally love it. It's great to see it really catching on in the music community, as it honestly deserves the support.

Here's a few vids they posted to YouTube about some of the features found in MuLab 7.

Sorry to go on about it, but I love it to bits and am REALLY over the moon with the added features v7 brings.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:18 AM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 24660
Re: MuLab 7 released

So this is like reaktor?

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:23 AM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
So this is like reaktor?
In part, yes..but that's only part of it, as it's primarily a fully functioning DAW..whereas reaktor isn't.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Daggit (14-09-2017)
Old 05-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #4
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataliaZombie View Post
I tried it out for a few days and it seemed really simple even though a few things irked me like not being able to figure out how to bus effects or install it on windows. I liked how you could move the folder anywhere you want on a Mac though. But because of not being able to install it on Windows I ended up downloading Reaper and I'm in love with it!
You just upzip the dowloaded file onto your Windows PC and then move to wherever you like..the exact same as on a Mac.

As for FX..you just add them to one of the empty slots on whichever bus you want..dead simple. Besides, there are really good help docs for it that you can pull up from within the DAW itself, that cover practically everything..and if they don't help you, then you get very fast support over on the MuLab forum on KVR.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
Daggit (14-09-2017)
Old 06-06-2016, 01:18 AM   #5
Orray
Soundscaper
Orray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Definitely trying this out.

------------------
Orray is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Orray
A.M (06-06-2016)
Old 17-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
MuTools
Regular Freak
MuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

MuLab 7.1 has been released, featuring an essential rewrite of the Apple Mac OS specific code, completely dropping the legacy Mac Carbon 32 bit sub-system, purely using Cocoa 64 bit now, ready to continue rocking the Mac now and in the future.

Besides this vital update of MuLab for Mac, MuLab 7.1 also features many other improvements for all versions.

All details and downloads on MuTools.com
MuTools is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 01:49 AM   #7
MuTools
Regular Freak
MuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to beholdMuTools is a splendid one to behold

MuLab 7.2 has been released featuring a new Grain Player module and many more improvements.

All details + demo video on MuTools.com
Old 06-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #8
MuTools
Regular Freak

MuLab & MUX Modular 7.3 released featuring a scalable GUI so you can adapt the GUI scale to your monitor resolution and eye comfort.
M7.3 also features a new Plug-In Slot module and a bunch of other nice improvements. Details & downloads on MuTools.com
Old 06-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #9
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuTools View Post
MuLab & MUX Modular 7.3 released featuring a scalable GUI so you can adapt the GUI scale to your monitor resolution and eye comfort.
M7.3 also features a new Plug-In Slot module and a bunch of other nice improvements. Details & downloads on MuTools.com

Thanks..rushing off now to grab my update.

------------------
Old 01-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #10
MuTools
Regular Freak

MuLab & MUX Modular 7.4 released featuring a new Frequency Spectrum Analyser module and many more improvements.

Detailed info & downloads on MuTools.com
Old 01-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #11
A.M

Quote:
MuLab & MUX Modular 7.4 released featuring a new Frequency Spectrum Analyser module and many more improvements.

Detailed info & downloads on MuTools.com
Thanks, as always, for the heads-up..really looking forward to this new version.

------------------
Old 14-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #12
Circuitwaste
Learning The Ropes
Circuitwaste is a jewel in the roughCircuitwaste is a jewel in the roughCircuitwaste is a jewel in the rough
New Orleans
MC Status: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU View Post
Mulab ix extremely underated, or atleast, I see no reason it shouldn't be more popular than it already is..
I agree! It's not my Daw of choice ,but it is easy to use . I'm sure after all these years it has a great following! And the demo is very useable,. If I remember correctly it's just limited on the number of tracks and is completely functional otherwise !😋 So IMHO everyone should give it a try.
Circuitwaste is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #13
MuTools
Regular Freak

MuLab & MUX Modular 7.5.4 released:

New Audio Dispatcher module: This new modules routes a single audio input to 1 or multiple audio outputs based on the received note events. So you can play / sequence the audio routing. Great for dynamic sequenced effects!
The Waveform "Create Via Harmonics" text-based function has been replaced by the much more graphical "Edit Harmonics" function which edits the first 64 harmonics via drawbar sliders.
Other improvements and fixes.

All details & downloads on MuTools.com
Old 22-08-2017, 01:37 PM   #14
soundmodel
Analog Lurker
soundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant futuresoundmodel has a brilliant future
Finland
MC Status: 1560

I really wonder whether to jump on the MuLab bandwagon. I'm a versed Reason user and I've found MuLab nice to my style of working (intricate patching ability). But there are so many alternatives in DAWs ...

------------------
soundmodel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to soundmodel
Daggit (14-09-2017)
Old 22-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #15
MuTools
Regular Freak

That's true. I think for musicians it's a good thing that there are so many DAWs to choose from,you can choose the tool that fits you most, it's often a very personal thing. Enjoy!
Old 22-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #16
A.M

Quote:
MuLab & MUX Modular 7.5.4 released:

New Audio Dispatcher module: This new modules routes a single audio input to 1 or multiple audio outputs based on the received note events. So you can play / sequence the audio routing. Great for dynamic sequenced effects!
The Waveform "Create Via Harmonics" text-based function has been replaced by the much more graphical "Edit Harmonics" function which edits the first 64 harmonics via drawbar sliders.
Other improvements and fixes.

All details & downloads on MuTools.com
Thanks for the heads-up..grabbed it already.

------------------
Old 22-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #17
MuTools
Regular Freak

Cheers A.M
Thanks to MuTools
A.M (22-08-2017)
Old 14-09-2017, 05:45 PM   #18
Daggit
Sample Destroyer
Daggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond reputeDaggit has a reputation beyond repute
Because science
MC Status: 4310

Wow, I'm going to have to try this.
I'm the type of user who likes to have a variety of DAWs to work with at all times.
I'm currently using Reaper, but it's a bit soft when it comes to working with MIDI.
Every other DAW I've used over the past several years (except for ProTools) handled MIDI better than Reaper.
So I'm definately interested... downloading the demo now.

Thanks for linking to this.

------------------
Hear my tunes at https://hearthis.at/daggit-gr/
Using: M-Audio KeyStation 49es, Alesis M1Active 320 USB, HP EliteBook, Xubuntu Linux w/WINE, Reaper, FL Studio, lots of freeware VST instruments and effects.
Daggit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Daggit
A.M (14-09-2017)
Old 14-09-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 18210

its basically a smaller version of bitwig
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #20
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
its basically a smaller version of bitwig
I've never used Bitwig, so I can't say how MuLab stacks up when compared with it. I do know it costs a hell of a lot less than all the others..Bitwig included..aside from perhaps Reaper.

MuLab fits my workflow like no other DAW I've tried in the past..and, to date, I've been more than happy enough with it not to want to switch to something else.

Advertisements

------------------