The Neurofunk thread.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass Discussion of music similar to Noisia, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Prodigy.

Old 25-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
Anapsys
Analog Lurker
Anapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to behold
Near Seattle
MC Status: 910
The Neurofunk thread.

Let's discuss everything Neurofunk from Ed Rush & Optical to Billain, and anything else of similar style.

Personally I've become obsessed with this insanely warped and detailed shit, and I've dropped everything to pursue it (probably to my detriment).

Advertisements

------------------
Lurker. Current projects: The World we Leave Behind LP, Extant LP on Archaic Audio
Anapsys is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: MINDFUCKIN' NEUROFUNK
Old 11-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
Kozmotron
Radial Developer
Kozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: The Neurofunk thread.

Neurofunk and Techstep are some srsly sick sounds~
they have insane rhythms and distorted synths... it's awesome.
always full of like *dark* energy!
this one is the craziest fun tune:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

these have sick rhythms (this one esp around 0:41):

(the fun starts at 1:06 in the tune below)

from 1:46 to 2:30 it's insane rhythms (though the whole song is pretty sick):

(at 1:07)

this one is beautiful and has great rhythms (0:32):

and this one, I love the part at 0:44 to 1:01, and the rest is fun~

this one has more of a melody than rhythms that's pretty cool ('drop' comes at 0:55):

and this is just so fun -- has some awesome funky samples around the middle:

and Techstep + Darkstep are a couple of other awesome genres in relation to Neurofunk~ I've got some great examples of those genres I think sound quite heavy!!
Kozmotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kozmotron
Anapsys (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Scandra
Soundwave Mangler
Scandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond reputeScandra has a reputation beyond repute
Milan
MC Status: 5260

Billain's sound designing skills are top notch

A couple of days ago I bought Noisia - Purpose EP and I'm really enjoying it

------------------
Scandra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
Anapsys
Analog Lurker
Anapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to beholdAnapsys is a splendid one to behold
Near Seattle
MC Status: 910

Here are some more of my recent favorites:

This whole EP is some crazy shit, neurofunk production values, but I don't know if it's strictly neurofunk.

------------------
Lurker. Current projects: The World we Leave Behind LP, Extant LP on Archaic Audio
Anapsys is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #5
Kozmotron
Radial Developer
Kozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the rough

those are some cool tunes~
I just recently got a couple of tunes from the Emulation LP as well - Saturate and Impuls (feat. Phace). I like a lot of Mefjus' stuff~

some other recent tunes I like:
I love how this has a mellow little ragga sound at the beginning, and then it gets techy~

these next two I love the raps with the dnb breaks + neuro/techstep synths (in Bass Hater I also like the short synth melody around 2:33):

and this has sick breaks + rhythms! my fav part is the chorus:

some techstep:

minimal-ish:

and what I like about this techstep tune, is the liquid tune at the beginning, the part before the 'drop' and the tight synths at 1:55, the liquid tune in the middle again.. the whole song I find interesting~
Kozmotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
lowlif3
Analog Lurker
lowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud oflowlif3 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1020

I was really into neurofunk a few years back but after a while there is nothing new anymore. It's very predictable and focused too much on sound design. The sound design is very good though especially with artists like Billain, Noisia, Phace, etc. Billain - Probes was the most incredible thing the first time I heard it.
lowlif3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lowlif3
Nystagmus (04-06-2015)
Old 24-01-2015, 01:14 AM   #7
Alert
Soundscaper
Alert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond repute
Oblivion Fringe
MC Status: 4271

Ed Rush & Optical's Wormhole LP = one of the best techstep albums, ever

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 11:47 PM   #8
suspension
Microknight
suspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond reputesuspension has a reputation beyond repute
NYC
MC Status: 2060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anapsys View Post
Let's discuss everything Neurofunk from Ed Rush & Optical to Billain, and anything else of similar style.

Personally I've become obsessed with this insanely warped and detailed shit, and I've dropped everything to pursue it (probably to my detriment).
oooooh i love what it does a little before 3:30. rad as fuck

------------------
suspension is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:54 PM   #9
CoherencePromo
Regular Freak
CoherencePromo is a jewel in the roughCoherencePromo is a jewel in the roughCoherencePromo is a jewel in the rough
London

Citrus Recordings good as usual with new release Pachamama
CoherencePromo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #10
Luke_Nukem
Granular Poster
Luke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really niceLuke_Nukem is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Yeah Billain is insane, didnt he get picked up to do all the sound design for a hollywood movie quite recently? Can't remember what it was. Possibly District 9.
Luke_Nukem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:16 PM   #11
Buzz BassDesign
Minor Glitch
Buzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the roughBuzz BassDesign is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

For me I just love Noisia, Spor and Audio.
Buzz BassDesign is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #12
Forman Empire
Granular Poster
Forman Empire will become famous soon enoughForman Empire will become famous soon enough
Sheffield
MC Status: 110

Neurofunk playlist I put together:
NOISIA, MEFJUS, C+TB, ED OP, EMPEROR, FOURWARD, STAKKA+SKYNET, BSE + GRIDLOK

------------------
Forman Empire is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #13
CalabroRiccardo
Regular Freak
CalabroRiccardo will become famous soon enough
Madrid, Spain
MC Status: 60

gold
CalabroRiccardo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 10:52 PM   #14
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6710

There was a free EP that came out a few months ago from Spor featuring a few other high profile Neuro artists like Phace and Icicle. It's called the Black Eyed EP. I think there are 5 tracks in total but it's all officially free to download.

I included a couple of these tracks in our new show.

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #15
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Really into machine code these days and their new album is fucking great!
Only recently realized current value is actually one of the machine code guys which makes sense as I really like his stuff as well

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #16
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

I keep swinging by Neurofunkgrid's YT... So much output these days and emerging artists, it's hard to keep up like I used to. Don't know how I missed Billain...
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
CoherencePromo
Regular Freak
CoherencePromo is a jewel in the roughCoherencePromo is a jewel in the roughCoherencePromo is a jewel in the rough
London

Hello,
Check Raving Panda DNB YT channel, they have uploaded a lot of sick neuro tunes. Part of those tracks available for download.
CoherencePromo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 06:38 AM   #18
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anapsys View Post
Nice to know I'm not the only one. I'm getting there, but its a long and winding road. You'll get there, even if you're covered in detriment

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Old 19-02-2017, 02:19 AM   #19
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoherencePromo View Post
Hello,
Check Raving Panda DNB YT channel, they have uploaded a lot of sick neuro tunes. Part of those tracks available for download.
Just got around to catching a few of their tracks. Some quality tunes by the looks of things, Thanks for sharing.

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS