Techno Vocals
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Techno Techno Techno Techno Techno

Old 11-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
Delas
Minor Glitch
Delas will become famous soon enoughDelas will become famous soon enough
Stuttgart
MC Status: 110
Techno Vocals

hey guys,

there is something that bothers me for quite some time now. took me some time to learn how to produce techno but i'm fairly satisfied with my results by now. the one thing i don't know is how to get my vocals proper! does anyone of you know where i can get vocals for techno music from? i don't think of acapellas and other sung stuff but rather somebody talking either male or female. i thought of something like this for example:

Mars Bill - Dark Room

or this

Joseph Capriati - Can you feel it

(i'm sorry i'm not able to post links yet)

problem is that on every platform like sampletools etc. the vocals are already progressed and not in their original form. besides of that i can only find acapellas for rap songs or actually someone singing which is out of use for me (or just to use for making pads etc.)

i would really owe you for helping me out because this is something of quite long time concern for me

greets

Last edited by Delas; 11-05-2014 at 06:27 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Delas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts
Re: Techno Vocals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delas View Post
but rather somebody talking either male or female.
Record yourself, friends or family and process the vocals?
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
Alert (07-06-2014)
Old 11-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
Delas
Minor Glitch
Stuttgart

i thought of that, too. but i am a little worried that this might not be the best quality as well as i can't think of a situation where there might be something 'useful' is said (productionwise ). i also could compose something on my own isee that. but i first of all lack of a proper microphone and secondly i think that there has to be something to purchase online. i mean the dj's are using it all the time i just haven't found it up until now.

but thanks a lot anyway!

------------------
Old 12-05-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529830
Thanked 6,778 Times in 4,830 Posts

Quote:
i thought of that, too. but i am a little worried that this might not be the best quality as well as i can't think of a situation where there might be something 'useful' is said (productionwise ). i also could compose something on my own isee that. but i first of all lack of a proper microphone and secondly i think that there has to be something to purchase online. i mean the dj's are using it all the time i just haven't found it up until now.

but thanks a lot anyway!
You can get a usable mic for the cost of a good vocal sample pack. Especially if you go used.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
Delas
Minor Glitch
Stuttgart

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
You can get a usable mic for the cost of a good vocal sample pack. Especially if you go used.
thanks for the advice! sounds like you know where to get some good vocals from though ! can you give me some advice?

------------------
Old 12-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
thanks for the advice! sounds like you know where to get some good vocals from though ! can you give me some advice?
Oh I dunno dude, lol. Most people are probably buying them from all the companies that go through loop masters. I dont like paying 60 dollars for vocal sample pack I can maybe make an EP out of then not really use again. Especially when its available to anyone.

My real advice if you want vocals you feel you cant make yourself, if you think youve got some solid production skills, I would have a look around sound cloud for vocalists and contact some with a proposal of a skill swap or collboration.

If all you are looking for just someone talking. Seriously, do it yourself. I use vocal recordings from my Tascam field recorder and smartphone occasionally. You dont need an expensive microphone to get usual spoken vocals for a dance track as you are likely going to put at least some FX on them anyway.

------------------
Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
Delas
Minor Glitch
Stuttgart

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Oh I dunno dude, lol. Most people are probably buying them from all the companies that go through loop masters. I dont like paying 60 dollars for vocal sample pack I can maybe make an EP out of then not really use again. Especially when its available to anyone.

My real advice if you want vocals you feel you cant make yourself, if you think youve got some solid production skills, I would have a look around sound cloud for vocalists and contact some with a proposal of a skill swap or collboration.

If all you are looking for just someone talking. Seriously, do it yourself. I use vocal recordings from my Tascam field recorder and smartphone occasionally. You dont need an expensive microphone to get usual spoken vocals for a dance track as you are likely going to put at least some FX on them anyway.

Well but thank you very much nevertheless!! I have the strong feeling that the best samples aren't even available on the free market (unless you record them yourself of course) but artists share them among themselves (or I rather know it. Saw the contract of an artist named Skober the other day he signed with Drumcode and there was an extra clause saying that he would gain access to the samples owned by Drumcode).
What I was hoping for was too keep that accidental factor when stumbling across a nice sample processing it to my purposes and come up with something that somehow surprises myself I think I just keep looking. But thank you very much for taking the time!!

Greets

------------------
Old 06-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

No worries dude, but I think you are looking for a unicorn TBH. Cheers and happy Techno-ing.

------------------
Thanks to relic
Jaded (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 04:02 PM   #9
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6901759
Thanked 3,451 Times in 2,089 Posts

Well I suppose of the best samples cost $60 then you really can't get them on the free market.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
relic (06-06-2014)
Old 06-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Well I suppose of the best samples cost $60 then you really can't get them on the free market.
Heh...yea...I was thinking Prime Loops or some garbage like that ;p

------------------
Old 06-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #11
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

Google youtube to mp3 converter

Now go hopping around youtube for random snippets. Or just take snippets of vids and movies when you come across them in day to day life.

Example:

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Triton64
Alert (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 12:21 AM   #12
Alert
Soundscaper
Alert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond reputeAlert has a reputation beyond repute
Oblivion Fringe
MC Status: 4271

------------------
Alert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
Delas
Minor Glitch
Stuttgart

Yeah, I know that one. But obviously Marc Houle did the vocals himself. Do you know the track 'Skeksis' by 'Alan Fitzpatrick' (sorry I still can't post any links )? The voice he uses is way more abstract, some kind of diva-like vocal but there is actually no real language content it just so sounds like.

Greets

Last edited by Delas; 10-06-2014 at 09:02 PM..

------------------
Old 22-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #14
SVM
Minor Glitch
SVM will become famous soon enough
Frankfurt
MC Status: 60

Why you don't use your voice?
With some little tricks they have the same effect like the other ones!

for preparing the voice here are some nice tips:
"delamar.de/musikproduktion/mixing-wie-kriege-ich-die-vocals-in-den-mix-1992/"
SVM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #15
A.L.P.A
Granular Poster
A.L.P.A is a jewel in the roughA.L.P.A is a jewel in the roughA.L.P.A is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Contact a beginner singer.
Lots in Twitter.
A.L.P.A is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #16
paul-slacknoise

i always made my vocals myself up to the point that i wanted some nice female vocals in some tracks. I asked some friends. One of mine actually sings pretty good. The other one does not sing really good but rather talks a lot of creative shit which is awesome for techno tracks i figured.
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:31 PM   #17
Egocent
Regular Freak
Egocent has a spectacular aura aboutEgocent has a spectacular aura about
Ingolstadt, Germany
MC Status: 160

I once recorded some vocals for a techno track with an iPhone, yes, an iPhone.

and frankly speaking, depending on ur usage, u don't need high quality mics for techno, because you are not really "singing". just make some abstract words or whatever, and process them massively. MASSIVELY. experiement with grain delay & more delays, flanger, phaser, hell, even put a mangling tool such as Turnado on top of em, and make something dark and crazy. better than looking for hours for smth that you like, that you still have to process afterwards anyways.
Egocent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #18
Freddie
Minor Glitch
Freddie will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

NO VOCALS NEEDED!
Should sound scary!
Freddie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Freddie
Alert (03-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #19
paul-slacknoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egocent View Post
I once recorded some vocals for a techno track with an iPhone, yes, an iPhone.

i even did it back in the days with an very old sony erriccsson cell phone. but the result as you said as long as you are not singing is surprisingly good as long as you really process it good
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #20
wfrohwein
Regular Freak
wfrohwein is currently spamming hard
Phoenix, Arizona
MC Status: 10

Sorry to post on such an old thread, but i was curious if anyone has posted any techno tracks in the listening booth in which they used their own voice?

Advertisements

wfrohwein is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote