**IDMf Skill Swap**
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Classifieds Buy, Sell and offer your services to other members here

Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon6 **IDMf Skill Swap**

So, i thought it may be a good idea for a kind of skill swapping thing.
We're all a talented bunch on here, some of us not just in terms of music either. Not all of us have money either, but those talents mentioned are a bit better than any financial currency in my eyes.
So, with that in mind this is the official skill swap thread!

so yeah i hope that's kind of clear as to the intention of this thread

If you have any skills to offer an would like something in return that's useful to you then post below!

Just one rule that i can think of: Please don't offer or request something if you cannot fully commit to seeing the agreement through to the end or if you cannot offer the quality asked for in a request/offer.

Last edited by lolirl; 24-07-2016 at 07:48 PM..

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743043
Re: **IDMf Skill Swap**

Sweet idea dude. Guessing the terms would come behind closed doors, instead of laid out in threads?

Like, I'd offer to make a video but I'm not sure what type you want or if it'd be done well enough for me to ask you to do any work before I completed it. Just as an example, but we could chat about it though.

And I haven't made a video since I started making tunes 3+ years ago, sort of getting the itch to. Even bought a little 1080p camcorder/phone shaped thingy to get some footage of random shit at some point.

EDIT - and if you were to give me the audio, and get someone else to do it, that works for me. Been thinking about doing this for a little bit now. So just attempting and failing is cool with me.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421869579
Thanked 4,832 Times in 2,793 Posts

It might be a good idea for people to post some examples of what they're offering in this thread, that way people can check it out and contact you.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #4
Benwaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
It might be a good idea for people to post some examples of what they're offering in this thread, that way people can check it out and contact you.

definitely,

like i do mastering so if someone wants that then offer something they can do that i may never have thought i could do with. likewise, please everyone, as vlantis said post your skills you can offer to others, even if you're not looking for something specific yourself at the moment. You never know when you may need someone's talents in this thread.

above all i think it's an awesome way for a community to interact too. so yeah, get posting you skills!
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
Bio Tainted
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9491858

I've had a lot of practice in audio restoration. So if anyone has a fire recording but it has a clip, pops and clicks, mains hum, noise, de-crackle ect. I can also take reverb off a recording to some measure of accuracy.

I can clean up tapes and other such with problems like azimuth effect, correct pitch shifting (stretched tape) with resampling as well as general clearing of clip, clicks and pops, mains hum, noise, act

I enjoy doing this and like a challenge so if this sounds interesting send a recording for me to re-master.

Last edited by Bio Tainted; 16-12-2013 at 06:18 PM..

------------------
Master by Benwaa -
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Bio Tainted
Old 15-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts

I can do graphics, sound, coding and video to some extent.

It's all for show at [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

What I need now and then is mastering, I already have a fella for this in the states, but as with any doctor, then you should always ask for a second opinion.

Render me served.

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Thomas
Old 14-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
Audāx
AudaxAudio
Audāx has a spectacular aura aboutAudāx has a spectacular aura about
NY
MC Status: 160

I do web and graphical design if anyone needs anything done.

Cheers.
Audāx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #8
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19460

Hmmm I can offer some mixing and mastering. If you want an example check out my song "Azabu Samurai" which is what I did. The song in my signature is something my buddy mastered for me.

I can also give some theory lessons, make high quality loops or drum hits and junk if you need those kinds of things.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to NewWorldOrder
Old 20-01-2014, 01:45 AM   #9
Benwaa

^^nothing wrong in asking for something here too
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 02:43 AM   #10
Eggyokeo
Microknight
Eggyokeo is just really niceEggyokeo is just really niceEggyokeo is just really niceEggyokeo is just really nice
Some where in the bush
MC Status: 360

I could use help form a trumpet player (or other brass instrument)
also I could use help form a harmonica player

I can offer lap-slide guitar playing (acoustic and electric).
other guitar playing as well especially acoustic orientated

------------------
Eggyokeo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #11
A Tree
Sample Destroyer
A Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond reputeA Tree has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2560

I can do album artwork/graphic design, play various styles on guitar or bass.

Wouldn't mind having someone to harass from time to time with my noob questions or have a track properly mastered.
A Tree is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A Tree
Old 04-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
Zoser23
Regular Freak
Zoser23 is currently spamming hard
Lahaina, HI
MC Status: 10

Aloha,

I can do "Graphic Design" - original art with photoshop and various digital and "real world" techniques...abstract, sigil magick, and databending play roles in my visual creativity. I can also write reviews/descriptions/promotional blurbs for your work. Also, I have sample packs designed by me, with original collected and edited audio.

Looking to trade for mastering and/or practical feedback on how to improve the quality of my sound.

Mahalo,
-Zoser23/Professor Sonic
Zoser23 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Ulrich Schnauss
Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
Bio Tainted
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9491858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoser23 View Post
Aloha,

I can do "Graphic Design" - original art with photoshop and various digital and "real world" techniques...abstract, sigil magick, and databending play roles in my visual creativity. I can also write reviews/descriptions/promotional blurbs for your work. Also, I have sample packs designed by me, with original collected and edited audio.

Looking to trade for mastering and/or practical feedback on how to improve the quality of my sound.

Mahalo,
-Zoser23/Professor Sonic
I would be happy to master a couple of your tunes, I'm not a pro but i know a thing or too. I can also help you with production, probably my strongest area.

I'm personally interested in any found sound you might have, raw recordings is what I'm after...

fancy a swap?

------------------
Master by Benwaa -
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:34 AM   #14
quizybuck
Soundwave Mangler
quizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond reputequizybuck has a reputation beyond repute
North Carolina
MC Status: 2660

I'm pretty handy with 2D/3D CAD work if anyone ever has a need for that.
quizybuck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:32 AM   #15
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

I write poetry and play guitar. My poetry can be found in my sign, as for the guitar playing, I'm an intermediate guy with some taste for dissonance. My audio equipment isn't top notch but if anybody needs loop recording or whatev's I could lend a hand. Also if you want text written to your tunes, possibly lyrics as well.

As for the skills I'm looking for ... I don't know. Although doing a spoken word / poetry thing to the music of others would be awesome.

Maybe all these should be listed in spoilers in the first post, I know it can be a hassle but it would help readability.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:40 AM   #16
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175274890
Thanked 2,673 Times in 1,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozo Tull View Post
I write poetry and play guitar. My poetry can be found in my sign,
I really like some of these poems. Some of them make me think more of minimalist fiction and are like confusing versions of Bukowski (bearing in mind I've never read any of Bukowski's poetry).
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to deadmau7
Chozo Tull (11-02-2014)
Old 21-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #17
Awentekr
Soundwave Mangler
Awentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud of
London
MC Status: 1260

Okay so I was asked to move this here, I'm not sure what I can give you in return right now apart from full credit but here goes...

"Hey people of IDMF !
I feel like a cheapskate but I'm broke and I simply don't have good enough equipment to be able to do very good mixes on my music or mastering for that matter. So if anyone needs any practice at mixing or mastering you're welcome to have a go on some of my tracks. Of course I will credit you in full !
Thank you in advance to anyone that is feeling generous ! Hopefully sometime when I get decent equipment I can return the favour to some of you. "
Awentekr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #18
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744023341
Thanked 7,118 Times in 4,434 Posts

How many tracks?
What style/genre?
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #19
Awentekr
Soundwave Mangler
Awentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud of
London
MC Status: 1260

I'm not actually sure what Genre I would class my music as apart from Electronic haha. One of them is a more ambient track though.

There's three tracks in total and not that many instruments were used on each track.
Awentekr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #20
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 19260

I'd be willing to offer any visual art in exchange for mastering. Although I probably won't need mastering for a month or so. I can do video, animation and graphics. Might upload some more recent work soon, so I can post it in here.

Advertisements

stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote