Korg monologue - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 30-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #21
project_null
IDMf's latest spammer
project_null will become famous soon enoughproject_null will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Re: Korg monologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Academy View Post
The synth seems to do amazing work for what it does. But I think, for my use, something like Minilogue would be better. I will probably go to a music store near me to try these out. Microbrute is an option too, but the lack of properly saving patches and not-so-robust desing is a bit of a turnoff.
I've checked your Soundcloud, and I definitely think the Minilogue would fit perfectly to your music.

And yeah, the fact you can't save patch on the Microbrute is really annoying. Some people say it's more creative and entertaining to write down on a sheet of paper your patches, I personaly think you will waste your time and will not be more creative. The design is pretty bland, but this is really robust, knobs are solid and won't "move" - just like on the MS20 mini for instance -, the mini keys are okay, and the faders are not enough accurate.

Advertisements

project_null is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to project_null
Johnson Academy (30-10-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 06:46 PM   #22
sefrcoko
Regular Freak
sefrcoko will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I've been humming and hawing between a Monologue and BSII. Not having anywhere local where I could try them out, I've resorted to reading every review and comparison ever written on them . The Monologue looks more fun and straightforward. What it does, it does well. The BSII has much more in terms of overall features/versatility, all for a very similar price point. Both are tempting choices but it was hard to pick one over the other. I like the Monologue's smaller size, sound, and sequencer...but also like the full size keyboard, aftertouch, and other features of the BSII. Either one provides good value for money in my book, depending on what you're looking for of course. In my case I ultimately just gave up trying to decide... and ordered a Sub Phatty instead lol

Last edited by sefrcoko; 06-11-2017 at 06:51 PM..
sefrcoko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:31 PM   #23
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269470758
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefrcoko View Post
I've been humming and hawing between a Monologue and BSII. Not having anywhere local where I could try them out, I've resorted to reading every review and comparison ever written on them . The Monologue looks more fun and straightforward. What it does, it does well. The BSII has much more in terms of overall features/versatility, all for a very similar price point. Both are tempting choices but it was hard to pick one over the other. I like the Monologue's smaller size, sound, and sequencer...but also like the full size keyboard, aftertouch, and other features of the BSII. Either one provides good value for money in my book, depending on what you're looking for of course. In my case I ultimately just gave up trying to decide... and ordered a Sub Phatty instead lol
I'm in a similar position, but wouldn't consider the Phatty...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:20 PM   #24
sefrcoko
Regular Freak
sefrcoko will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I'm in a similar position, but wouldn't consider the Phatty...
Any reason? Fair enough of course, just curious

The phatty was the one I wanted in the first place, but figured I'd work my way up with something more affordable first. Not a bad idea, but ultimately it just made more sense to save and get the one I wanted.

If choosing between BSII or Monologue, is size a factor? Do you already have a midi keyboard for your DAW, or would this synth provide double duty? Some of the questions I've pondered
sefrcoko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #25
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269470758
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,948 Posts

I just never clicked with the "moog" sound, so that's never been an option.
Tbh mine is more of a case of gear lust, I have an Analog4, so I would like to have something more "playable" as in with a keyboard and knobs.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
sefrcoko (06-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 09:48 AM   #26
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 18510

Can you use the Analog Four‘s sequencer to send Midi CC? I mean you can do amazing things with the Monologue‘s mod sequencer, but the BS2 with its more capable synthesis and a proper sequencer that can send Midi CC seems like a pretty versatile combination...

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #27
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8552930
Thanked 7,240 Times in 5,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnork View Post
Can you use the Analog Four‘s sequencer to send Midi CC? I mean you can do amazing things with the Monologue‘s mod sequencer, but the BS2 with its more capable synthesis and a proper sequencer that can send Midi CC seems like a pretty versatile combination...
Nope. Sends CV only.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Schnork (07-11-2017)