[Deep/Progressive/Tropical House] jrulloz - True
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
jRulloz
Microknight
jRulloz is a jewel in the roughjRulloz is a jewel in the roughjRulloz is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
[Deep/Progressive/Tropical House] jrulloz - True

Hi everyone, I really wasn't sure about the genre so I put them all in the title lol

Anyway, here's the track, let me know what you think:

Advertisements

jRulloz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Deep/Progressive/Tropical House] jrulloz - True.
Old 22-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
cazbowyer
Regular Freak
cazbowyer is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: [Deep/Progressive/Tropical House] True

Hey jRulloz,

Nice vibes! I especially like all the riffs used - really adds something special to the tune. The guitar is also great.

My initial thoughts are that i think that mighty build up in the music from 0:24-0:31 is almost wasted on what comes after (as a listener, i expect some heavy sounds after that sort of build up [huge drum beat/loud saws and what not]).

Then, at 1:28, i feel in terms of structure, the 'build up section' (0:58-1:26) has is followed by a similar section as 1:28-1:59 is almost the same in ethereal vibes and feels dragged out. - Should drop to chorus earlier.

The kick you use is a bit too loud and 'middly' in EQ (needs more bass).

Overall, i enjoyed the 'tropical house' feel to the tune and i feel thats the right genre to describe it with.

Caz
cazbowyer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
jRulloz
Microknight
jRulloz is a jewel in the roughjRulloz is a jewel in the roughjRulloz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazbowyer View Post
Hey jRulloz,

Nice vibes! I especially like all the riffs used - really adds something special to the tune. The guitar is also great.

My initial thoughts are that i think that mighty build up in the music from 0:24-0:31 is almost wasted on what comes after (as a listener, i expect some heavy sounds after that sort of build up [huge drum beat/loud saws and what not]).

Then, at 1:28, i feel in terms of structure, the 'build up section' (0:58-1:26) has is followed by a similar section as 1:28-1:59 is almost the same in ethereal vibes and feels dragged out. - Should drop to chorus earlier.

The kick you use is a bit too loud and 'middly' in EQ (needs more bass).

Overall, i enjoyed the 'tropical house' feel to the tune and i feel thats the right genre to describe it with.

Caz

Thanks for the feedback! I decided to keep the kick middly on purpose, meaning that it wouldn't clash with the bass that comes in the drop (after the intro section that ends at 1:26, in which I did not use any bass at all really).
Also, I wanted to create suspance in the part that ends at 0:31, that's why I didn't use any heave beat after that.
Old 22-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
breentyves
Learning The Ropes
breentyves is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

You won a follower I really like it, nothing too complex but simple and good for a sunny evening.
breentyves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
jRulloz
Microknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by breentyves View Post
You won a follower I really like it, nothing too complex but simple and good for a sunny evening.
Ahah thank you mate!

Advertisements