[dark ambient] Shadowfinder - Bifrost
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
deepblue501
Soundwave Mangler
deepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MC
MC Status: 1144199
[dark ambient] Shadowfinder - Bifrost

Hello there

this is a piece reflecting a potential voyage to the afterworld...the "Bifrost".
thanks for listening and if you enjoy, please share, like and/or comment, as these are the things that keep me "alive" as an independent producer

Last edited by A.M; 10-10-2017 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: fixed track

Advertisements

------------------
"fresh was the air, clear was the sky, i imagined, i would never die"

http://soundcloud.com/shadowfinder
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shadow...45851705486533
deepblue501 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [dark ambient] Shadowfinder - Bifrost.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 173510
Thanked 3,470 Times in 2,593 Posts
Re: [dark ambient] Shadowfinder - Bifrost

The fact the player doesn't work has nothing to do with IDMf..it's all SC's doing..or undoing, depending on how you want to look at it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #3
qantuum
Regular Freak
qantuum will become famous soon enoughqantuum will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

What is bifrost ?

Caution spoilers (for those who did not hear)

I appreciate a lot the beginning, it makes me sing of the French producer Jacques.
The beats you develop right after this metallic sound are quite entertaining as well.
Now we are in some sort of forest, discovering a chamanic ritual (1:00).

The beats intensifies and begins to go mad, while in the background some australian aborigens call the rain with their traditional instruments.

The journey continues into the void as the pads clean the spirit, then a feeling of power raises (2:51).

Now I feel totally inside myself, chamanized, as this bass arrives (3:15).
Finally, this lead synth in the end gives nostalgy.

Interesting track, I feel like many feelings and emotions were invoked. That's nicely done, thanks.

Last edited by qantuum; 10-10-2017 at 07:15 AM..
qantuum is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:15 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 173510
Thanked 3,470 Times in 2,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qantuum View Post
What is bifrost ?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

"In Norse mythology, Bifröst or sometimes Bilröst or Bivrost) is a burning rainbow bridge that reaches between Midgard (Earth) and Asgard, the realm of the gods. The bridge is attested as Bilröst in the Poetic Edda; compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and as Bifröst in the Prose Edda; written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson, and in the poetry of skalds. Both the Poetic Edda and the Prose Edda alternately refer to the bridge as Ásbrú (Old Norse "Æsir's bridge").

According to the Prose Edda, the bridge ends in heaven at Himinbjörg, the residence of the god Heimdallr, who guards it from the jötnar. The bridge's destruction during Ragnarök by the forces of Muspell is foretold. Scholars have proposed that the bridge may have originally represented the Milky Way and have noted parallels between the bridge and another bridge in Norse mythology, Gjallarbrú."

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
deepblue501
Soundwave Mangler
deepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MCdeepblue501 is a savage MC
MC Status: 1144199

Quote:
Originally Posted by qantuum View Post
What is bifrost ?

Caution spoilers (for those who did not hear)

I appreciate a lot the beginning, it makes me sing of the French producer Jacques.
The beats you develop right after this metallic sound are quite entertaining as well.
Now we are in some sort of forest, discovering a chamanic ritual (1:00).

The beats intensifies and begins to go mad, while in the background some australian aborigens call the rain with their traditional instruments.

The journey continues into the void as the pads clean the spirit, then a feeling of power raises (2:51).

Now I feel totally inside myself, chamanized, as this bass arrives (3:15).
Finally, this lead synth in the end gives nostalgy.

Interesting track, I feel like many feelings and emotions were invoked. That's nicely done, thanks.

Thanks so much Qantuum for the beautiful description of my track! As A.M. wrote, Bifrost is the bridge from Norse mythology. I actually also wrote a screenplay with this title once. I am strongly drawn to the idea of Bifrost, it evokes poetic, romantic and mysterious images in my head. Thanks for listening and enjoying, please share if you like - it is so hard to get noticed nowadays, every help is more than welcome! :-)

------------------
"fresh was the air, clear was the sky, i imagined, i would never die"

http://soundcloud.com/shadowfinder
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shadow...45851705486533
deepblue501 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #6
PeteVai
Granular Poster
PeteVai has a spectacular aura aboutPeteVai has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 160

Dzień dobry !

I really like the progression of this.
My analogy to this would be the life of some from a newborn kid until he turns 18

It slowly starts repetitive, like you're learning how to walk and try harder and harder until you succeed.
After that new elements are introduced, like when you start going to school and meet new people and play sports.
And that ending it gets a bit cinematical and more thrilling, like when you turn 18 and all you think about is girls and the party life and you start facing some real challenges.

Very interesting track, good job !

Advertisements

PeteVai is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote