iPad music apps - share samples
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Go Back ğ The Studio ğ The Studio
Old 16-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75628539
iPad music apps - share samples

Hi,

I have a few iPad music apps that can use samples. Now I don't want to upload a seperate set of samples to each app, i'd like to share the samples i have on my device. Is this possible?

Cheers!

Advertisements

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: iPad music apps - share samples

Dropbox, Audiocopy or Audiobus I'm afraid. The most frustrating thing (a huge damn gripe) about ios is the lack of an accessible & common file system. So lets say I have a pdf on my ipad in one app, and I download another pdf viewer, there's no way to access that pdf directly - I'll have to have 2 copies of the same pdf on the device. Same with audio. You can't copy samples onto the device & access them with any app.

That aside - everything else is awesome .
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
steeboo (16-05-2013)
Old 16-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

AudioShare app and Dropbox. Then audio copy into whatever app you want that supports it.

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Grain Bastard
steeboo (16-05-2013)
Old 16-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grain Bastard View Post
AudioShare app and Dropbox. Then audio copy into whatever app you want that supports it.
Ok, so basically make 1 app leading, and audiocopy from there... not ideal but will work for now. Thanks for the info, i'm an iOS noob. I've got my ipad mini just a few days ago and it's my first iOS device

------------------
Old 16-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Audiobus is also cool for getting audio between apps, and more & more apps are supporting it (loads already do). So in a nutshell: You load apps into the 'Input' slot of Audiobus, and then load apps into the 'Output' slot of Audiobus (there's also an fx slot in the middle). You can then record audio between those apps, and toggle start/stop/record of the other app from within the app you're currently in via the Audiobus sidebar that's continuously running.

Not so much for what you were asking...just throwing it out there .
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to scyn
steeboo (16-05-2013)
Old 16-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Audiobus is also cool for getting audio between apps, and more & more apps are supporting it (loads already do). So in a nutshell: You load apps into the 'Input' slot of Audiobus, and then load apps into the 'Output' slot of Audiobus (there's also an fx slot in the middle). You can then record audio between those apps, and toggle start/stop/record of the other app from within the app you're currently in via the Audiobus sidebar that's continuously running.

Not so much for what you were asking...just throwing it out there .
Cool yes every iOS tip is welcome, it's completely new for me. I still need to look into audiobus, good tip!

Advertisements

------------------