[electronic] Sapling - lonely
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts
[electronic] Sapling - lonely

hey idmf, just wanted to drop something into the LB.

personally I feel like I'm not getting something, like mix wise. I've spent a good while on it. Anyways, maybe its just paranoia.

I appreciate the feedback, comments, and anything you guys might want to say

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [electronic] Sapling - lonely.
Old 20-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts
Re: [electronic] Sapling - lonely

Sounds perfectly fine to my ears so far.

Around the 1.40 mark, there is some deviance in the loops you're using and their respective tempos, they feel just a bit off.

Mix-wise honestly everything sounds good, albeit a bit too many loops occupying the same frequency range [this is just a nitpick, not the main issue]. But, the main issue I hear here is the cleanliness of the loops and their tempos disagreeing with each other. By cleanliness I mean I also hear a "DC" popping (0.35 seconds in) in the first loop you bring in. This happens when the loop restarts but hasn't been given enough space to stop, I very meticulously do very short (like within the milliseconds) fade in's and fade out's to 0 at the beginning and end of every sampled loop.

But, that isn't to say that what you're doing here isn't fantastic!

I do suffer from extreme Renoise privilege though, it's very easy to take any loop at just about any tempo and use sample offset commands to fit them into any bar and not have to worry about unexpected interruptions.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 02:25 AM   #3
SquareTheCircle
Microknight
SquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of lightSquareTheCircle is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

SquareTheCircle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 03:59 AM   #4
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

The first minute feels like many sounds just competing for a place. At one minute is when I first think, I want to listen to the rest to see where it goes. So I think maybe take things out and make the beginning a little more smoother and less awkward?

I like everything after the first minute, it seems work. It's creative unique. I especially like the sounds you bring in at 2:27.

Really it's just the intro imo.

Edit: I think I would prefer the end ambient part to be the beginning...just a thought.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #5
Stephen Flores
Radial Developer
Stephen Flores will become famous soon enough
Los Angeles
MC Status: 60

I hear popping too, every few seconds it's in the right monitor. If you can't fix it, embrace it! put some crackle loops over your song and make it sound like a scratchy record

------------------
Stephen Flores is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace
MC Status: 40912

I used to like harmony box a lot but it has this bad output, I couldnt put my finger on it. Took a shot in the dark there

I like this alot, really chill and has an aggressive beat still. Jazzy

------------------
Wulfsok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #7
Wulfsok
IDMf Supporter
Wulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MCWulfsok is a savage MC
Wulf Palace
MC Status: 40912

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROton42 View Post
I very meticulously do very short (like within the milliseconds) fade in's and fade out's to 0 at the beginning and end of every sampled loop.
uggggghhhh i hate doing that!!!!

im not too technical on that one but bouncing wav to rex seems to do the trick

------------------
Wulfsok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

thanks everyone for the replies, I've been dealing with alot of issues lately that's kept me from getting around to replying to this or getting on idmf. Iappreciate the feedback

Quote:
Sounds perfectly fine to my ears so far.

Around the 1.40 mark, there is some deviance in the loops you're using and their respective tempos, they feel just a bit off.
Oh yeah, it was a bit purposeful to have offness, I wanted that

Quote:
...This happens when the loop restarts but hasn't been given enough space to stop, I very meticulously do very short (like within the milliseconds) fade in's and fade out's to 0 at the beginning and end of every sampled loop..
Now I didn't necessarily wanted this, thanks for letting me know, I did have some vinyl type crackle under the percussion but the pop on the piano in the intro was not completely intentional at first, but because I had no Idea how to get rid of it, I just went with it. I think it has to do with recording from maschine's daw and feeding it into a track on ableton, or zero crossings maybe Idk, but I will try the fade ins or volume automation on the clip

Quote:
I like you, you know that?

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
thanks, next time, I'll keep the suggestion for the intro in mind, when I ever decide to rework the song, or future works. Thanks for the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsok View Post
I used to like harmony box a lot but it has this bad output, I couldnt put my finger on it. Took a shot in the dark there

I like this alot, really chill and has an aggressive beat still. Jazzy
I wish I had something like that lol, but thanks wulfsok,

also on the bouncing the wav to rex bit @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, is there a certain way you like to do that, that's convenient?

Advertisements

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote