Granular audio effect plugin suggestions?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
iStarfox
Microknight
iStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really nice
Ireland
MC Status: 360
Granular audio effect plugin suggestions?

Hey guys,

Im looking for a good Granular plugin, I have seen Fruity Granulizer and it's pretty awesome. Are there any equivalent ones for Logic, AU/Mac ?

Something similar anyway would be ideal, I know NI Absynth (which ive not tried) has that feature and SaltyGrain by SampleSumo looks pretty good too, but i like the sounds that FL one make, so im hoping to find one close to that.

Advertisements

iStarfox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Enhanced Recordings
Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Syllix
Deep Underground
Syllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MCSyllix is a savage MC
MC Status: 1097047
Re: Granular audio effect plugin suggestions?

Well I think Logic has some pretty good stretching algorithms already built into it. I've heard good things about Michael Norris' plugins though... Have you tried a Google search yet? I did a quick search and there seems to be no shortage of information.

------------------
SyllixMusic.com
Find me on Facebook | SoundCloud | YouTube | Bandcamp
Latest video game remix: Phantasy Star Online!
Syllix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390048
Thanked 2,832 Times in 1,764 Posts

New Sonic Arts Granite

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
iStarfox
Microknight
iStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really niceiStarfox is just really nice
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllix View Post
Well I think Logic has some pretty good stretching algorithms already built into it. I've heard good things about Michael Norris' plugins though... Have you tried a Google search yet? I did a quick search and there seems to be no shortage of information.
yeah i did a google search, i just wanted to see if anyone on here had any experience with some
Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237579

Does it have to be a VST? [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is great, but runs as a stand-alone.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #6
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644418
Thanked 4,903 Times in 3,162 Posts

This synth does this and much much more...

------------------
------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #7
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 190260
Thanked 3,805 Times in 2,832 Posts

Steinberg's VST granular synthesizer..PadShop Pro..is pretty good and not too costly at around the $100..which is good for what it does. Check out the demo vids on YouTube to see it in action..it can do some pretty amazing stuff and you can import your own samples and mangle the hell out of em..as well as use their own in-build samples/presets.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #8
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

^Any idea how that stacks up to Alchemy?

------------------
------
Old 05-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 190260
Thanked 3,805 Times in 2,832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
^Any idea how that stacks up to Alchemy?
I love both Alchemy and PadShop Pro..but, for me, I find PadShop Pro to be more intuitive to use for this sort of thing. The way you can look at the wave form and get right down into it to mess with it's various parts is great.

Having said that, Alchemy, on the other hand, does a great job, too..and I can't and wouldn't fault it. But I think it's more for those who like to tweak knobs and who tend to like their hardware over software in general, due to its general layout and appearance.

You just have to see em both in action to see where I'm coming from and what I mean..plus you can get a much better idea of what each does than I could give here in this post.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
RFJ (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

^The more I learn about audio and all it's possibilities the more I am coming to find that I prefer getting down and messing with parts of a wavform whereas I used to love to twiddle knobs. Now, not so much. Think I might just check this one out.

Thanks.

------------------
------
Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #11
RadarJammer

win/mac/linux open source clone of the audiomulch granululator, similar to saltygrain
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RadarJammer
professurreal (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarJammer View Post
win/mac/linux open source clone of the audiomulch granululator, similar to saltygrain
thanks I'll check this out!
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
Goolue
Digital Surfer
Goolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud of
Isn't built out of Humus.
MC Status: 1060

I've been using Fragmental fro a long while now. I can't remember for sure, but I think it was free. It's got some other stuff except for the granulation shit. you should check it.

------------------
My Soundcloud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
i always felt if Thom Yorke was a food item he would be a noodle
Goolue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
iStarfox
Microknight
Ireland

What brought me to granular synths is im trying to recreate a specific type of FX and im not sure how to do it but i think its Granular of some sort?

This is it, its the sound you hear behind the kick and ride

">

Cant get the mp3 link to work? but here is the link [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
Goolue
Digital Surfer
Goolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud ofGoolue has much to be proud of
Isn't built out of Humus.
MC Status: 1060

I'm pretty sure you can just do it manually... It's a bit of work but...

------------------
My Soundcloud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
i always felt if Thom Yorke was a food item he would be a noodle
Goolue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #16
KymaFreq
Sample Destroyer
KymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MC
The Pacific NW
MC Status: 644385

SaltyGrain - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Granulizer - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

MMulitiBandGranular - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

crusherX-Mac! 4 - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

KymaFreq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote