AEP004: Ben Steed - Yggdrasil EP / Remix Contest Submissions Open
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf's User Releases Post your official releases here. Works in progress and promo spam will be removed.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199647118
Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,193 Posts
AEP004: Ben Steed - Yggdrasil EP / Remix Contest Submissions Open

As of today, October 1st, 2013, the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is officially accepting submissions for mutations of this release. Due to the ambient nature of these tracks it is our intention to, in the very near future, release a collection of tracks that expand upon the original content in this work.

Submissions for this special release will be running for a 45 day period and closing Thursday November the 14th at midnight Eastern Standard Time.

Once we collect the submissions the tracks will be judged and the track listing will be selected. The winning tracks will be skillfully mastered by[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and the release itself will receive a full promotional campaign.

The only thing we ask is that you keep your tracks to a min -3 db (-5 preferred) with nothing on the master bus. Please keep your tracks PRIVATE and privately share them with us via [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Dropbox links are also acceptable but please stay away from e-mail attachments.

Please click on the album art above to be taken to the site. There you will find direct download links to the album and a collection of stems and samples. These samples have been put together by Aaron and me for possible inspiration and use in the mutations of this work. In addition to the samples that were specifically made for this release we have collected all of the other percussion samples from all our previous releases. These samples have been housed in their own file and are in the process of being uploaded to our server. Once complete We will update this thread with that information / links.

Upon visiting the site you will also find a wealth of other information regarding this release, our concept, and how to reach us.

This thread will serve as open discussion for any questions as related to this competition in the mutation of sound. So, if you have any questions, please don't be shy

For More Details Please Visit
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

We look forward to hearing from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in the very near future

"The clue is in the name.
Go get it, listen, get the stems, make a remix."

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
fid
IDMf Artist
fid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MCfid is a savage MC
¯\(°_o)/¯
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,554 Times in 1,968 Posts
Re: AEP004: Ben Steed - Yggdrasil EP / Remix Contest Sub's Open

sweet! uh... stems. give.

nao.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
h̷e̶y̴ ̷m̷a̴n̸ ̵l̶e̷t̴s̷ ̵f̷a̸c̴e̶ ̷i̶t̸ ̶s̸o̵m̵e̴t̷i̴m̴e̴s̶ ̸i̴t̷s̴ ̴j̴u̶s̶t̸ ̸t̴o̴x̵i̷c̴ ̵a̵n̶d̸ ̵j̷u̶s̷t̴ ̶k̸i̶l̶l̵s̶ ̷l̷e̶g̷i̶t̷i̴m̴a̵t̶e̵ ̷i̵n̷t̶e̷r̸e̸s̶t̷,̸ ̸b̷e̴t̷t̵e̶r̵ ̷t̷o̸ ̸h̸a̷v̷e̸ ̷"̶q̷u̴a̶l̷i̸t̷y̸ ̴p̶o̶s̴t̶s̸"̷ ̷t̸h̶e̸n̵ ̵b̶e̴ ̴t̵h̶e̴ ̷a̸m̷u̸s̷e̶m̵e̷n̷t̶ ̵p̸a̷r̶k̸ ̵o̵f̸ ̴s̶h̵e̶n̸n̴a̸n̶i̷g̸a̶n̶s̴ ̶a̴n̸d̸ ̸b̵u̶l̷l̶s̴h̴i̵t̶.̷.̴.̴o̸t̶h̶e̶r̸w̷i̵s̴e̵ ̵w̷h̸a̶t̴ ̶y̴o̷u̸r̵ ̷l̵e̴f̶t̶ ̴w̴i̵t̸h̵ ̵i̴s̷ ̶a̷ ̶c̴e̵s̶s̶p̷o̵o̵l̶ ̸a̷n̵d̴ ̴n̸o̶ ̷o̷n̴e̶ ̵w̷a̵n̴t̶s̷ ̷t̴o̷ ̷l̵i̸v̴e̵ ̷i̴n̷ ̴a̷ ̷c̴e̶s̸s̷p̸o̷o̶l̸.̵
fid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
sweet! uh... stems. give.

nao.
As for the stems there is much information about this release and how the stems and samples are beiong handled are a bit different with this one. The information is scattered across several blog posts and perhaps a tl;dr version here would serve well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered-Echo.com

Notes on Samples & Something New:

As with all our releases stems and samples will be provided. However, when this work came to us it was already in the final stages of composition. The majority of what was there, being already re-sampled down to one file, left us asking; how can we release this work, but at the same time stay in line with our ethos? The answer came in a collection of field recordings taken by Aaron Smith while at a music and art festival called Sirius Rising in July of this year. Aaron and I are in the process of processing various bits of these recordings into a set of samples that include: glitch effects, vocal effects, percussion type one shots, and various / in-sundry manipulated sounds. We will also be collecting the percussion from our previous three releases, the Static Bounce remix EP, and housing them in a folder of their own for easy access.

Why are we doing this?

We feel, given the ambient nature of this work, it is begging to be destroyed and it’s potential for mutation is ripe. At present we have no intention of shutting down submissions for mutations of previous releases. We would, however, like to strongly encourage the listener to download the release, and use the provided samples, to give us your own unique take on Yggdrasil.
Even the tl;dr is wordy but that, in tandem with the OP in this thread, is it in a nutshell.

Here are the links to the sample packs associated with Yggdrasil:

Also, as promised earlier, here is the link to a .zip of all the percussion samples from all our previous releases:

Do you have to use these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered-Echo.com
You, the listener turned artist, are not bound by only the samples we provide. They are there only as a springboard for inspiration. So, be it with our samples or not, where you take this work is totally up to you to decide.
Hope that brings a bit of clarity to what it is we are doing with this release. Basically the entire EP is one big awesome resampled and modulated ambient beast that is yours to remix in any way you can think of.

Best of luck to anyone and if there are more questions, please, fire away.

------------------
Old 02-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #4
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!1111111111111111 excite for this will reply back later after listen
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

That sounds like a fun idea!

Listening to the release as I type

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #6
brn20
IDMf Artist
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802573
Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,192 Posts

I'll definitely be getting in on this.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965798
Thanked 1,199 Times in 922 Posts

may do this, need to get my comp fixed tho

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 02-10-2013 at 04:39 PM..
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
Son of Akira
IDMf Artist
Son of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MC
over yonder, behind them old railroad tracks
MC Status: 47684970

heh, the last finished piece of music i made was a ben steed remix, little under a year ago:

so apparently i'm destined to make 1 track a year, all of them ben steed remixes

im a slacker bitch

------------------
Son of Akira is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493

^ I'm actually listening to the one I made for that same release.

Might attempt to do something for this as well.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Great to see you guys turnning up for this.

We appreciate the support.

Many many thanks.

Im starting to get stoked.

------------------
Old 02-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #11
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
may do this, need to get my comp fixed tho
:holadines:
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
mister_crow
Soundwave Mangler
mister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond reputemister_crow has a reputation beyond repute
A tree in Verulamium
MC Status: 2210

I didn't intend to submit a remix when I downloaded the stems, but they're just too much fun to play with! After about 10 minutes mucking around with the samples I had a skeleton of a song. It just seemed rude not to submit it when it was done...

I'm loving this project so far, and we're only 4 releases deep

------------------
Learn! About the lizard men controlling our lives! Hear! Some music I made! See! A waveform steadily becoming a slightly different grey! Coming to a forum post near you soon.
https://soundcloud.com/mister_crow/entities-wip
http://mistercrow.bandcamp.com/album/to-ep
mister_crow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Received your e mail and the link.

Haven't read the e mail yet, but I will shortly.

Thanks for submitting.

------------------
Old 03-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_crow View Post
After about 10 minutes mucking around with the samples I had a skeleton of a song. It just seemed rude not to submit it when it was done...

I'm loving this project so far, and we're only 4 releases deep
haha yea. Same here, I haven't subbed yet but it was pretty awesome fun last night jacking with this.

------------------

Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #15
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295270
Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,569 Posts

Oh man, this is rather exciting

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #16
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Not as exciting as you calling me by my first name, hehe.

------------------

Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #17
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965798
Thanked 1,199 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
:holadines:
:bananarocker:
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #18
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105318089

To say this is beautiful would not justify how wonderfully crafted it is.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #19
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

^As I said in a comment somewhere...

It's something you can't really pin down with words and that's what makes it so special.

You'll do us a remix then JvS?

Edit: Sorry...

By JvS I mean Wetty.

Old habits die hard.

------------------
Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #20
Tranq
Tranq is a jewel in the roughTranq is a jewel in the roughTranq is a jewel in the roughTranq is a jewel in the rough
Belgrade, Serbia
MC Status: 310

powerful stuff, really. and i'm definitely doing a remix. the ep and the provided sample pack are so beautifully organic. it makes the whole process of reworking a song rather playful

Advertisements

Tranq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote