[Classical & Jazz-Hop] Hypocr.te - Release + Release [Kickback Mix]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Hypocr.te
Sample Destroyer
Hypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MC
London/Leeds
MC Status: 79345
[Classical & Jazz-Hop] Hypocr.te - Release + Release [Kickback Mix]

Hey guys, got a couple of things for you to listen to and shed some of your brilliance on. I wrote this first track as a one-off for my aunt's funeral last week, as a way of representing the Buddhist ideals of viewing emotions objectively without becoming attached to them. Very different to anything I've done before, so I'd like to know how I've done on this occasion:

This second track is an alternate mix, in a Bonobo-esque jazz-hop style, but it's still a work in progress so this what I really need some feedback on:

Cheers!

Advertisements

------------------
Hypocr.te is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Classical & Jazz-Hop] Hypocr.te - Release + Release [Kickback Mix].
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
kraed
Minor Glitch
kraed has a spectacular aura aboutkraed has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160
Re: [Classical & Jazz-Hop] Hypocr.te - Release + Release [Kickback Mix]

Wow! Emotional, organic and fluent as can be!! The original piece really expresses a lot, really great work! I'm really into electronic music with jazz influence and that second mix did caught my senses really different take and feeling. I was imagining all sorts of thing, i was expecting different kinds of subtle effects and noises to come in as well as a nice pad...would have made me travel even farther!

A really good thing to take in mind is that Jazz is very spontaneous and varies, the drum groove sticking to a same level of volume and rhythm takes that a lil bit away. But it is great work, definitely would love to hear more!
kraed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
Hypocr.te
Sample Destroyer
Hypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MCHypocr.te is a savage MC
London/Leeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraed View Post
Wow! Emotional, organic and fluent as can be!! The original piece really expresses a lot, really great work! I'm really into electronic music with jazz influence and that second mix did caught my senses really different take and feeling. I was imagining all sorts of thing, i was expecting different kinds of subtle effects and noises to come in as well as a nice pad...would have made me travel even farther!

A really good thing to take in mind is that Jazz is very spontaneous and varies, the drum groove sticking to a same level of volume and rhythm takes that a lil bit away. But it is great work, definitely would love to hear more!
Thanks a lot for your input! Unfortunately the drum grooves are samples, and therefore not easy to change rhythm-wise, but I know exactly what you mean by the spontaneity of jazz.

I think you're right about the pad, I think maybe I'll add one where everything but the piano and synth drop out.

------------------
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
Mindprowler
Analog Lurker
Mindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MCMindprowler is a savage MC
British Columbia
MC Status: 108498

Great work, I'm a big fan of hip-hop with jazz sampling, Jenova 7, Mr. Moods, Matthew Zalesky, Dusted Wax Kingdom artists etc. This definitely entertains a similar style. Very natural sounding, the vocal samples were a really nice touch as well. Good stuff, definitely looking into more of your stuff.

------------------
Mindprowler is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #5
juggernaut1
Learning The Ropes
juggernaut1 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I liked it man, good stuff!
juggernaut1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Hypocr.te
Sample Destroyer
London/Leeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindprowler View Post
Great work, I'm a big fan of hip-hop with jazz sampling, Jenova 7, Mr. Moods, Matthew Zalesky, Dusted Wax Kingdom artists etc. This definitely entertains a similar style. Very natural sounding, the vocal samples were a really nice touch as well. Good stuff, definitely looking into more of your stuff.
Thanks man! I'm glad you think the vocal samples work, as I'm still new to using them, and they took a long time to chop, edit and pitch shift.

Just so you know, I've uploaded better-mastered versions of both tracks, with an added synth in the Kickback Mix. I'm still open to suggestions to improve them, however.

Advertisements

------------------