[Tech House] NxDxcx - Pangu
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 10-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
nxdxcx
Minor Glitch
nxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of light
OKC, USA
MC Status: 510
Icon2 [Tech House] NxDxcx - Pangu

Just sent this and 2 others off to a well-established techno / house label which requested a demo. I know the owner personally so fortunately if these don't quite make the cut I won't be out of the picture but I do feel like I'm getting close if I'm not there yet. These days I am averaging 6-20+ hours / day working on music so it would be a pretty awesome breakthrough. Regardless of what happens, I can't get enough! Very excite! (borat voice)

Since I'm limited to one post per week on here, I am including links to the other 2 in the description on the SoundCloud description page, for those who are curious after hearing this first one.

I am greatly appreciative of honest / constructive feedback. Cheers m8s

If the private link doesn't work for the player - this one will

Last edited by nxdxcx; 10-04-2016 at 10:18 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
nxdxcx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: NxDxcx - Pangu
Rate this track - [Tech House] NxDxcx - Pangu.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #2
Angels of Debauchery
Soundwave Mangler
Angels of Debauchery is currently spamming hard
Austin
MC Status: 10
Re: [Tech House] NxDxcx - Pangu

Hey the song you have linked sounds really good my only complain is that the sub seems to be slightly overpowering through out the song. Tone it down SLIGHTLY and it would make it much more enjoyable for me personally.

Also a few of the chords seem to be clashing but it sounds like it may be intentional

------------------
Angels of Debauchery is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
nxdxcx
Minor Glitch
nxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of lightnxdxcx is a glorious beacon of light
OKC, USA

Thank you, this version is actually exactly that. Swapping out that link - this one is toned down
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 11-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
deegn
Learning The Ropes
deegn is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

its getting there sounds some what similiar to the popular beatport tech house but the sweeping sounds are way to loud and the synth line is way to over powering turn the synth down alot maybe bandpass or lowpass it.the percussion is nice and the "wob wob" board sound all im saying is just turn most of it down tech house should be more subtle
deegn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:37 PM   #5
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7510

So overall it is really nice. I think the high windy bit that comes in around 1:30 is a bit harsh/loud, esp if you drop some DBs on those sweeps too, as they are really prominent.....listening as I type and yeah, the lead sound could sound a bit less windy and a bit more robotic/digital maybe? seems like someone is playing some mean beatbox panflute or something there...but that is maybe on purpose so feel free to ignore this part.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
motox2121
Sample Destroyer
motox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MC
MC Status: 1118834

Really like the driving section at around 4:30, and the stutter melody that comes before it. The only thing I don't really like is your square'ey high lead, not sure if it is the room reverb or it is just too kosher digital square sounding. Maybe it needs less reverb and more delay, or just a change in timbre, maybe eq out some of the highs as it sounds a bit sharp/ piercing, without any lowend. The lead just sounds digital and clinical with no warmth to it, and that coupled with the metallic reverb is just unpleasant - However your melody is really nice and fits your track and the style.

Other than the lead timbre I enjoyed your track and was bouncing my head to it. I just read a comment above about the sweeps being loud and I agree there too. You can lower them some and maybe add a little reverb for more space and you will have more room for the rest of your instruments - this as well as cleaning up the lead i think your track will sound a lot smoother.

------------------
motox2121 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #7
motox2121
Sample Destroyer
motox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MCmotox2121 is a savage MC
MC Status: 1118834

Also wanted to add I like the sound of your bass layers a lot, they sound almost liquid! Nice movement. And the creative repeats in your arrangement kept things interesting!

------------------
motox2121 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #8
nxdxcx
Minor Glitch
OKC, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by motox2121 View Post
Really like the driving section at around 4:30, and the stutter melody that comes before it. The only thing I don't really like is your square'ey high lead, not sure if it is the room reverb or it is just too kosher digital square sounding. Maybe it needs less reverb and more delay, or just a change in timbre, maybe eq out some of the highs as it sounds a bit sharp/ piercing, without any lowend. The lead just sounds digital and clinical with no warmth to it, and that coupled with the metallic reverb is just unpleasant - However your melody is really nice and fits your track and the style.

Other than the lead timbre I enjoyed your track and was bouncing my head to it. I just read a comment above about the sweeps being loud and I agree there too. You can lower them some and maybe add a little reverb for more space and you will have more room for the rest of your instruments - this as well as cleaning up the lead i think your track will sound a lot smoother.
I really appreciate! This feedback is great, going to use these suggestions and give it another revision in next day or so.

Advertisements

------------------