[Techno]Can't stop...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 01-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1816527
[Techno]Can't stop...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
...from the adventures of IDM Forum collaborations and community projects.

Press the Panda...you know you want to!!!
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Techno]Can't stop....
Old 01-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #2
brb
Libertard Demagogue
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The European Union
MC Status: 69864519
Re: [Techno]Can't stop...

Good 90s style intelligent techno. The mix seems a little flat in my headphones, maybe it needs more BASS. I think the structure might be a bit too focussed on kickless parts for techno dancing too (though towards the end it makes more sense).

I like the subtly evolving loops, I wish they'd arrived earlier!

So is this an open competition or is it all over now?
brb is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:17 AM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb View Post
Good 90s style intelligent techno. The mix seems a little flat in my headphones, maybe it needs more BASS. I think the structure might be a bit too focussed on kickless parts for techno dancing too (though towards the end it makes more sense).

I like the subtly evolving loops, I wish they'd arrived earlier!

So is this an open competition or is it all over now?
Open to all. New one on Friday, every two weeks.

Thanks for taking the time to feedback brb. Yep my head is very nineties techno tbh, what I like. I actually stopped this on the submission and realised the final master as been eq'q too much so the bass is very light. Easy to solve.

I am close to stripping parts back and focusing on using more of the latter part of the tracks grooves to build a stronger track using different synth and sound sources. The Beat battles are about using only whats provided. Im all for subtle evolving loops and there's some potential elements in that second part I really want to work on. There's a couple of BB tracks I want to reboot and bring newer more polished elements to elevate the sound of the tracks. 2017 project of vision....

------------------

Old 01-25-2017, 01:20 AM   #4
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Well I've had a quick rework of this tonight. Not done a lot more production and mixing elements.
Be interested in what people think. As for retro, yep Im still stuck in the 80's 90's pre- EDM!!! I enjoy attempting to make it.

Original post updated.

------------------

Old 01-25-2017, 02:07 AM   #5
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160

this is wicked - def 90s vibes, sounds like summut underworld would have done - really love the repeating delay lines ping and pong.... vibeh
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
Kyrpto
Microknight
Kyrpto will become famous soon enoughKyrpto will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

Pretty good arrangement and nice use of synths. The track could use some heavier drum & bass though.

------------------
Kyrpto is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Pretty good arrangement and nice use of synths. The track could use some heavier drum & bass though.
Thanks Kyrpto. Acutally listened to this in the car this morning on the way to work (dont normally post until Ive done the incar test) and the bass (or sub bass) is very heavy, I was on the verge of remastering the stems and reducing the sub bass.

Let me know if any others think the bass and drums are too low, it's an easy fix.

------------------

Old 01-25-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyLand INC. View Post
this is wicked - def 90s vibes, sounds like summut underworld would have done - really love the repeating delay lines ping and pong.... vibeh

Yep 90's is my timetrap! I do need to work on some more modern flavours, but it's what my ear and mix is drawn too I guess. Great positive feedback though, glad you enjoyed it. Took a while to get all the parts balanced and working together, there's a lot of nuances in the synths that have created a vocal effect.

So I hope, as with my aim, where the listener gets drawn into the sound and thinks the vocal has been looped, it's actually not. Quite proud of that but maybe no one actually gets it which is just as good (oooh nearly use th c**l word!!! too old for that)!

------------------

Old 01-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #9
Creepr
Knob Twiddler
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 2110

Hey. So the transient on that kick hurts my ears, but that may have something to do with my headphones, they are kinda crap. Just saying it seems very loud, esp at the begining when it is alone. I like the tweaks since the BB, this is a nice piece.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #10
Beid
Microknight
Beid is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Holy hoo hah. U need to give me a prewarning, I started dancing which at this juncture could cause serious pain without appropriate hydrolics. 😜. It drilled its way into my brain good work. I admired how the simplicity of it really made it a powerful beast to reckon with. I say that cause I have a tendancy to add too much which takes something away. The vocals did make it modern in the sense that old techno would have same vocal loop throughout piece. U got that sound on the vocals right on to a T, it drew the tune out into a future expanse.
Beid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #11
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8492430
Thanked 6,030 Times in 4,331 Posts

This one makes me want to dance ;p I really like where it goes at 1:30. Dubby w/o being that same dub techno song I've heard a zillion times (I've made plenty myself). I like that guitar pluck a lot, kind of an unusual element in a techno track. Also you've got that nice, tight, percussive "gunk" going on--the gooey lo fi synth pumping along with the hats. Lots of stuff to keep my interested. Pretty mad build up in the middle. Defo has my head bobbing and waiting for it.
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:48 AM   #12
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Really guys thanks for the positive feedback and more so for listening in. It's a real feel good motivator.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
always value your input.
new name to me on the board so welcome and great comments
see Dr BB for medicine

Advertisements

------------------