How can I achieve this sound?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Your Music

IDMf Netlabel

The Studio

Community Center

Music By Genre

Groups

Old 01-04-2017, 03:53 AM   #1
wknightm
Learning The Ropes
wknightm is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10
How can I achieve this sound?

Hey guys and gals,

General question, I'm rather new to this, but this is the type of sound I'm going for... can you recommend hardware (and software for Mac) which would make me best able to create the sound in this clip? I love this so much, it's the type of music I want to create for sure, I just don't know where to start, seems simple enough. Any particular synthesizer needed? Software? Etc...

Thanks ahead of time:

youtube---> watch?v=w08H_C_kTdA

Advertisements

wknightm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:01 AM   #2
Artificer
Microknight
Artificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond repute
Southern Hell
MC Status: 4510
Re: How can I achieve this sound?

Ambient music? Any DAW + softsynth + whatever reverbs and delays come with that DAW. You basically need a computer for hardware. Maybe some samples to stretch and effect if you want to get really crazy.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:12 AM   #3
wknightm
Learning The Ropes
wknightm is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
Ambient music? Any DAW + softsynth + whatever reverbs and delays come with that DAW. You basically need a computer for hardware. Maybe some samples to stretch and effect if you want to get really crazy.
Thanks!!! I was about to buy/rent some equipment, but if something like FL12 will suffice, I'll just go with that.
wknightm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:23 AM   #4
Artificer
Microknight
Artificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond reputeArtificer has a reputation beyond repute
Southern Hell
MC Status: 4510

Absolutely. Give it a shot.

I'll mention that you shouldn't be afraid to stack multiple reverbs and delays on top of one another to get those sounds. Those long, slow, plaintive sounds are usually the result of a single note or chord with tons of multi-stage echo allowed to ring out.

A good place to start would be something like this: (made for Ableton but applicable in pretty much any DAW)

Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:49 PM   #5
Tubordinate
Minor Glitch
Tubordinate will become famous soon enough
Leicestershire , United Kingdom
MC Status: 60

Quote:

I'll mention that you shouldn't be afraid to stack multiple reverbs and delays on top of one another to get those sounds. Those long, slow, plaintive sounds are usually the result of a single note or chord with tons of multi-stage echo allowed to ring out.

A good place to start would be something like this: (made for Ableton but applicable in pretty much any DAW)

yes these sounds can make a mix real interesting! cheers for the tutorial man
Tubordinate is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #6
Tubordinate
Minor Glitch
Tubordinate will become famous soon enough
Leicestershire , United Kingdom
MC Status: 60

Quote:

yes these sounds can make a mix real interesting! cheers for the tutorial man

Advertisements

Tubordinate is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote