[world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 28-12-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts
[world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 184360
Thanked 3,687 Times in 2,748 Posts
Re: [world] Ingemann-Strunch - Farewell

That's a nice track, Thomas..the vocals kinda reminds me of the French duo "Deep Forest" in parts.

Speaking of vocals..you might want to go back and take a look at them again, as they seem to be a muddy to my ears..perhaps trim off a little of the low end and turn down the gain on em slightly. The same applies the horn section on this, as they kinda smoother the strings a little..so maybe pull down the gain on them a little, too.

Even saying that, I still like this track. Good work as always..kudos.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:18 AM   #3
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand

I would have to formant the voices or something, since the "mudding" comes from same freq overlapping in the duets. They have never bothered me, it's part of the package in a duet that freqs might overlap here and there.

Anyway, sorry for the late reply, I've been leasing some of the instruments used here, so I would wait till I had them again. But in retro perspective, then I won't change this piece at all anyway. The loud brass also makes sure that you don't go nuts from the constant background voices. It's a camouflage.

One thing I might change tho, in retro-retro perspective, is that the voice doubling is alligned left or right, I might center that. If I can find the work file

------------------
Old 08-01-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 52310
Thanked 1,046 Times in 771 Posts

Not much I can add. I thought the brass and strings worked quite well for this track. It's quite different in style to what I normally listen to.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541480
Thanked 7,011 Times in 4,983 Posts

I like the laid back, minimal percussion here. The cadence of the track feels a bit like a march, which is interesting.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Cheers guys

Advertisements

------------------