Beat Battle 42 - You make music! You make it happen!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

View Poll Results: Beat Battle 42 - You make music! You make it happen!
mute machine 1 10.00%
7asid 3 30.00%
Lug 1 10.00%
A.M 0 0%
MFXxx aks MrFx 0 0%
mnkvolcno 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2016, 01:22 AM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1826877
Beat Battle 42 - You make music! You make it happen!

THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday 28th October
Submissions close Tuesday 8th November 23:59 and votes open at 00:00 on the 11th day.

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day Thursday 10th November.

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day, Friday 11th November, to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

Late Submissions are void to receiving a vote

All times are UTC.

The Rules

1. Simples. Make something musical that lasts at least 2mins 30secs and if it sounds like EDM, you have failed, IDM for the win!

2. You must use at least 2 of the musical samples in their original form, however you can process with inserts on the track.

3. Be creative. Go outside your comfort zone. Make it interesting to the listener and not just you. The WOW Factor is "HOW THE FUCK DID THEY DO THAT".

There's a shit load of material and easy stuff to play with, want to get things rolling again. I have put together a pack that should help and I have purposely ensured they do not sound simply "remix". Youll see what I mean when you listen to the samples.

Im hoping to see some new faces and old timers in the one. SO GET ON-BOARD..PLEASE

Submission Close Timer (refresh page to update timer)----->

Last edited by MFXxx; 10-28-2016 at 11:55 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:50 AM   #2
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 25160
Re: Beat Battle 42 - You make music! You make it happen!

with all the colored text, you're sure to lure in some noobs.

Woohoo... I'm gonna put something in my sig i think.

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
MFXxx (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 02:03 AM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159210
Thanked 3,184 Times in 2,380 Posts

I'm in..and I don't care if I come out of this with a total shite track, you can take it I will be posting something up for this.

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:21 AM   #4
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 18960

I'M IN GUYS, HOLY SHIT, SO EXCITED.

edit: ur samples link isn't working for me.

------------------
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mute machine
MFXxx (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 02:25 AM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159210
Thanked 3,184 Times in 2,380 Posts

Worked just fine for me..just saying.

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
MFXxx (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 07:01 AM   #6
Narukami Music
Soundscaper
Narukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9210

Definitely gonna join this one. Or at least try haha

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
MFXxx (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #7
Valk
Microknight
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2860

Definitely gonna join this one too,
EDM?! 100 best ever lit af fam

Beat Battles are the bees knees

------------------
check out my Nest in progress
Valk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Valk
MFXxx (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #8
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80988580
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,577 Posts

next beat battle needs to be a "make the shittiest track possible" challenge

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1826877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Lug? You know this is the norm and unwritten law!

Removed the coloured text to be more TapaTalk friendly! Thanks Volc.

Last edited by MFXxx; 10-28-2016 at 12:06 PM..

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #10
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC

Quote:
one easy, too easy, three easy.

------------------
Thanks to mute machine
mnkvolcno (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #11
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC

yea.. definitely my normal approach.

------------------
Old 11-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #12
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

way too many samples, dude. How many do you usually use?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 11-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #13
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Quote:
way too many samples, dude. How many do you usually use?
I'm feeling a little less inspired because of how much there is to work with, I feel weird about manipulating samples to make drums when there is drums available, and loops too!

------------------
Old 11-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #14
Lug
Soxdix

which of those are the "musical samples" ? Is it the "le 1", "le 2", "le 3" samples ?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 11-02-2016, 06:55 PM   #15
Lug
Soxdix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
I'm feeling a little less inspired because of how much there is to work with, I feel weird about manipulating samples to make drums when there is drums available, and loops too!
Make the main riff out of the drum samples and the drums out of mike tyson's voice

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 11-03-2016, 01:53 AM   #16
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

eh.. just make the track don't be babiez

;P

------------------
Old 11-03-2016, 03:03 AM   #17
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

alright guys, after days of work, I finally managed to make something worth posting, I better win this

don't worry, I'm going to post a real entry

------------------
Thanks to mute machine
mnkvolcno (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 05:55 AM   #18
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

okay here is my real submission, it's rough, but the last beat battle I did was bb33 I think

EDIT: shit I just realized it's 30 seconds short, is there any exception? I don't have the project file and still want to be in the competition...

------------------
Thanks to mute machine
mnkvolcno (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 06:00 AM   #19
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
okay here is my real submission, it's rough, but the last beat battle I did was bb33 I think

EDIT: shit I just realized it's 30 seconds short, is there any exception? I don't have the project file and still want to be in the competition...

dope!!!

------------------
Thanks to mnkvolcno
mute machine (11-03-2016)
Old 11-03-2016, 06:02 AM   #20
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
Icon13 Re: Beat Battle 42 - You make music! You make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
lasts at least 2mins 30secs and if it sounds like EDM, you have failed

damn just realized this is my SO's rule for sex too.

Advertisements

------------------