Anyone near Olympia, WA, USA interested in starting a music collective?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 525320
Anyone near Olympia, WA, USA interested in starting a music collective?

Been contemplating this for awhile now and since it appears I'll be in this area for a few years I'm looking to hook up with people who want to push their music skills far and beyond with other passionate artist.

When I say a collective, I'm referencing the trend that is popping up in many big cities, such as LA and NYC where instead of hiding in the shadows and keeping all your ideas and techniques a secret, you share and quickly develop further skills with others.

Team Supreme type stuff is what I'm aiming for or thinking of initially -

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I'm Interested in creating an environment full of open and honest sharing of techniques, ideas, collaboration, resources and everything else that can come from a group of like minded passionate artists jiving together for the betterment of all.

Including weekly and monthly music projects to help push our collective abilities.

I'm sure to start off, we'll mostly get together at a members home/studio or local public space to talk shop, meet and greet, share music and interests and develop further what can be achieved together.

Let me know thanks

--------------------------

A quick bit about me in case it matters

Sound designer / music production / musician wannabe / hobbyist since around early 1990's

Ableton Live user since around 2000-and-something

Experience teaching production and Ableton live with The Seattle DJ Academy as well as freelance for roughly 3+ years

Club promoter/marketing/social media experience with Exchange LA (los angeles, ca) 2 years

Most fav type of music to produce/listen to at this time, is minimal techno, techno, tech-house

Last edited by agent; 01-29-2016 at 12:36 AM..

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to agent
Lug (05-27-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8492830
Thanked 6,038 Times in 4,336 Posts
Re: Anyone near Olympia, WA, USA interested in starting a music collective?

I wish dude...I wish...I live on the other side of the country. I'd come out to a monthly meeting even if it were the next state over. Fantastic idea though.
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:34 AM   #3
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I wish dude...I wish...I live on the other side of the country. I'd come out to a monthly meeting even if it were the next state over. Fantastic idea though.
sorry boo

-___-
Old 02-16-2016, 09:53 AM   #4
opticaloutcast
Minor Glitch
opticaloutcast has a spectacular aura aboutopticaloutcast has a spectacular aura aboutopticaloutcast has a spectacular aura about
Shanghai
MC Status: 210

I'm from Washington but haven't lived there in a few years. If you do put together a group that meets or collaborates online let me know I'd be interested in joining to learn and share what I know.
opticaloutcast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #5
Mrs Dink
Analog Lurker
Mrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant future
Washington State
MC Status: 1810
Icon14 Re: Anyone near Olympia, WA, USA interested in starting a music collective?

I'm across the Narrows bridge on the Key Peninsula. Not sure I could make it to Olympia regularly but maybe on occasion? I'm mostly into techno, but I've been experimenting with some noise stuff too.
Mrs Dink is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:54 AM   #6
cole99709
Learning The Ropes
cole99709 is on a distinguished road
Seattle, wa
MC Status: 10

I'm so down I live in Covington WA. Tell me when and where!
cole99709 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #7
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

I doubt I'll be doing anything about this... I haven't got too many people interested that live close enough to make a trip every other weekend or so and the people who do live around here are so extremely liberal you can't even make eye contact without hurting their little feelings.

I'm more just looking to collaborate with another at this time, not so much a whole collective.

Thanks for the interest tho
Old 05-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #8
Lug
Douce
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80982280
Thanked 3,841 Times in 2,493 Posts

don't give up on the idea. It works to have people around you who are creative and whom you can talk to about the craft. Keep looking around for interesting people to hang out with and share your work. It's a smart idea, really.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:03 PM   #9
Mrs Dink
Analog Lurker
Mrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant futureMrs Dink has a brilliant future
Washington State
MC Status: 1810

At our old place we just kind of had a weekly music thing with our friends. My husband DJs as well as a couple of our friends at the time, and we were lucky enough to have an extra room in the basement where we had some couches and DJ gear set up. Our friends would bring other DJs and musicians who would bring their gear and it just turned into a great time. Maybe something like that could be fun? We have small kids now, so can't really host anymore, but maybe once they are older.

Advertisements

Mrs Dink is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote