Concept / Project album - Recorded during cross country trip
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 07-06-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
PhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond repute
Sonoma /San Francisco
MC Status: 7460
Concept / Project album - Recorded during cross country trip

Ok, so I am moving from San Francisco all the way across the country (again) to Southern Maine. Along the way, I am going to create an album featuring field recordings and location and experience driven tracks along the way to be refined as I go or once I reach the other coast. As I go, I will also be documenting everything in photos, videos, and writing. This is all eventually going to be compiled into a two disc release featuring a full album and a video documenting the trip that is scored with a mix of the resulting tracks.

I have my work cut out for me.

What I'd like to get from y'all are some suggestions of where to travel? I am planning on taking a more or less southern route, either 40 or 70 across the country, and eventually cutting up 95 and/or 1 until I reach Maine. I am looking for either creepy places, decrepit buildings, cemeteries, haunted places, places of legend, etc...and also places of extreme beauty in nature...even if that is harsh beauty. Any suggestion I actually use I plan to credit, not that such is a big deal, I am after all essentially a nobody musician, LOL.

Anyway, anyone wanna play? Hit me up on facebook or here...

facebook.com/phntmsgnl

Oh, also, dog friendly places to crash would be amazing.

Advertisements

PhantomSignal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:11 AM   #2
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 15210
Re: Concept / Project album - Recorded during cross country trip

i'm planning a roadtrip with my family in August to hit up a bunch of nature places in Colorado and Utah and I'm totally stealing your idea. any recommendations for a field recorder?

i'm in the middle of doing research for it to try to narrow down the places we want to hit up. but once i'm done with that, i can give you some recommendations. if you'll be taking 70, then you'll be going through both Utah and Colorado and I'm sure some of these places won't be much of a detour for you.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to iDoG
PhantomSignal (09-09-2015)
Old 09-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
Name:__________
Minor Glitch
Name:__________ has a spectacular aura aboutName:__________ has a spectacular aura aboutName:__________ has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

cool idea man
Name:__________ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Name:__________
PhantomSignal (09-09-2015)
Old 09-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
PhantomSignal
Soundscaper
PhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond reputePhantomSignal has a reputation beyond repute
Sonoma /San Francisco
MC Status: 7460

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCoB View Post
i'm planning a roadtrip with my family in August to hit up a bunch of nature places in Colorado and Utah and I'm totally stealing your idea. any recommendations for a field recorder?
My entire studio is on my phone, LOL, so I was using my phone's mic to get samples. I ended up going through I-40 most of the way, following along the now decrepit Old Rte. 66. Very interesting indeed. The trip turned into more about the ghost towns left in the wake of progress and the demise of Rte. 66, especially through the 4 corners region and the Amarillo / Tulsa areas. Whole towns that were swallowed up or replaced by mega-travel centers, McDonald's, and cheap gas stations.

It'll probably be next year before I get it out but I did get some great stuff.

Advertisements

PhantomSignal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote