Future House
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Mader
Granular Poster
Mader is a jewel in the roughMader is a jewel in the roughMader is a jewel in the rough
Adelaide, South Australia
MC Status: 260
Future House

G'day Guys

Recently in my work at the local radio station I have noticed a rising popularity in artists such as Tchami and Oliver Heldens that have become known for their "Future House" sound. I was wondering what IDM Forum's general opinions are on this style.
  • As a member of IDM do you find it interesting to listen to?
  • Do you think it has genuine merit or is just a fad?
  • What do you think makes this particular sound unique or interesting to others?

I thought that these questions would provoke an interesting discussion for us all. Here are some typical examples of the sound and style of music in question:

Advertisements

Mader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
Guiorgi Smith
Learning The Ropes
Guiorgi Smith will become famous soon enough
Leeds
MC Status: 60
Re: Future House

Hi mate!

Only my second post here but ill put in my opinions. I hate it! i understand why some listeners like it and i enjoyed tchami's rise to fame with tracks like shot caller and the original promesses when those came out on fools gold, but especially, me being used to the UK house sound (all the good tech and deep stuff) future house seems like an american born EDM deformation of all the good house i like!. It all gets ruined by that bloody distinct bass sound which they all use (detune your oscillators by like 5 semitones) and although there is alot of similarities between all styles of house i personally am not a fan of future house and its sound.
Guiorgi Smith is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: stimmming
Old 25-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
Elektromates
Learning The Ropes
Elektromates is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I'm not so able to classificate the music, so I want to ask you:
are artists like Heldens, Don Diablo and Mr. Belt & Wezol future house's producers? What kind of EDM they do?
Elektromates is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #4
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153460
Thanked 3,069 Times in 2,152 Posts

1. About as interesting as any other style of house. Which is very limited, for me, unless it's old-school.

2. It's a fad. Conversely, it sounds very retro. Not old-school, but retro. Like what Bruno Mars aspires to be. And do you know any honest music listeners who are into him?

3. It probably stems from those who aren't familiar with the 80s. This must be for a young generation (or even for MY generation and below), because we're a bunch of stupid fucks. The 80's sucked, and future house (being as 80s as it is) sucks even harder.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 01:43 AM   #5
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65360
Thanked 1,307 Times in 986 Posts

i listened to some tchami... what makes it "future"?

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #6
bonHAM
Learning The Ropes
bonHAM is currently spamming hard

I'm waiting on the sound to diversify more.
bonHAM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8519530
Thanked 6,572 Times in 4,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
what makes it "future"?
A marketing department or a journalist/blogger.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2015, 04:36 PM   #8
DJGosha
Learning The Ropes
DJGosha is currently spamming hard

Heldens
DJGosha is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #9
SWIM_DEEP
Analog Lurker
SWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of lightSWIM_DEEP is a glorious beacon of light
Riga
MC Status: 510

Well, the music's loud and detuned as mentioned before. I like promesses and afterlife by tchami. It gets me sometimes and lifts well. The problem is that i haven't found anyone else but tchami or heldens who'd create a listenable future house track, despite it being such a trend now.

I'm also more into UK garage and bassline house scene
SWIM_DEEP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #10
djfablebr
Minor Glitch
djfablebr is a jewel in the roughdjfablebr is a jewel in the roughdjfablebr is a jewel in the rough
Goiania

Future House might be one of my top 3 EDM sub genres right now. I have a playlist on spotify with over forty future house songs and i have listened to it countless times. I have tried to produce some future house tracks and i dont think it is easy to make a catchy and good sounding one. I just feel really hypes when i listen to a good one. Heldens and tchami totally rock it, but i think funking matt is my choice if theres nothing i want to listen to

Fable
djfablebr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:20 AM   #11
U-235
Sample Destroyer
U-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond repute
Fields of Gold
MC Status: 6910

Samples: ? Future house sounds cooler than Big Room .
U-235 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #12
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6898609
Thanked 3,388 Times in 2,052 Posts

I googled future house and all of the tracks I heard sounded like really bad renditions of early to mid 90's house genres. It's seriously like a bunch of cunts got together, pooled their resources and bought all of the LoopMasters catalogue then just kept the samples that had "house" in the name...

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
U-235 (10-08-2016)
Old 10-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #13
U-235
Sample Destroyer
U-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond reputeU-235 has a reputation beyond repute
Fields of Gold
MC Status: 6910

Future house because people don't buy homes anymore and live in their parent's basements.
U-235 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #14
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Serious question - what's the difference in future house and future bass?

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #15
Bruzy
Granular Poster
Bruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really nice
MC Status: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
A marketing department or a journalist/blogger.
+1
Bruzy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #16
djfablebr
Minor Glitch
djfablebr is a jewel in the roughdjfablebr is a jewel in the roughdjfablebr is a jewel in the rough
Goiania

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Serious question - what's the difference in future house and future bass?

Well, future house is really house ant around 128 bpm, and future bass is kind of a dubstep like trap infused electronic beat, at 140-160 bpm

soundcloud.com/djfablebr
djfablebr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to djfablebr
RFJ (13-11-2016)
Old 03-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #17
yoyokidz
Minor Glitch
yoyokidz will become famous soon enough
Copenhagen
MC Status: 60

A lot of pitched vocals i guess. And the raspy basslines.
yoyokidz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:16 AM   #18
photowedding
IDMf's latest spammer
photowedding is currently spamming hard
Ahmedabad

from where can i get latest edm mixes

Advertisements

photowedding is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote