Altered Echo: A Sound Mutation Project
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Non-IDMf Projects Tell us about your Non-IDMf music-based projects here. You can promote you or your label's releases, remix contests, music blogs, podcasts, radio shows and live events here. Try to add more than just spam. This is a place to involve IDMf in your projects, not just promote them.

Closed Thread
Old 18-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Altered Echo: A Sound Mutation Project

Hey there IDMf, I'll just cut to the chase...

relic and I are launching a project, it's been a long time in the making, but we're as ready as we're ever going to be so...

Listen up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic
Altered Echo—a sound mutation project
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Altered Echo is a community driven Creative Commons project. Our goal is to encourage creativity and diversity in an increasingly homogenized and prepackaged musical climate by providing a community and outlet for artists whose music might otherwise get swept under the proverbial rug.

Taking the idea that art is a process of collage and mutation further, we also have asked that all our artists make available at least some of the source sounds from their work in the form of stems and samples for others to use in their own musical endeavors. We encourage the audience, who’ve been inspired by our artists sounds, to share their creations with us by sending in their work for review and possible publication through our project.

Think infinite remix project. That's Altered Echo.

Altered Echo was officially launched, well, today! And our first release, AEP001, will be available for free download July, 2nd. This release features six artists and six aural visions of what music can be. Stems and samples from at least two of the tracks and will be provided in the zipped download.

We encourage IDMf members to download and enjoy these artists music. Just as importantly we encourage each of you to use the provided samples to go off and make more wonderful music. Then, hopefully send it back to us for possible publication through AEP.

This would not have been possible without all of the things we've picked up during out stay here at IDMf. So we want to encourage everyone to participate, submit remixes, then submit works of your own for consideration.

At present we have a handful of artists, most of who you all know, that will be releasing EPs, LPs, and remixes via this project. All future releases will be announced in the member release section of this forum and made available for free download via the Altered-Echo Collective website.

Releases to look forward to in the immediate future...

AEP001 - Various Artists 07/02/13
AEP002 - Swich Liquor "Static Bounce" 08/06/13
AEP003 - Grain Bastard "Pieces" 09/03/13

Other artists that will be releasing works via this project ,in the not as immediate future include, but are not limited to, the following:

FunkMasterBrown
Stem Collector
Kong (Woah!-Fi)
The MaLm
Numerical
Paega (relic)
RFJ

*Stems / samples to be included with...everything / all work submitted and released to be mastered by Mike Watts aka Numerical.

Our hope is to get involved with the Electronic Music Community at large, maintain professionalism, while aiming for the highest standard in artistic integrity at all costs.

So, if you feel so incline, have a look at the site. When the time comes feel free to submit works of your own because community is what this is all about.

Update 07/18/13

is honored to announce it's second release through the Altered Echo Project. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
takes listeners on a journey of melancholic beauty spanning four amazing tracks. Via Haunting melodies, found sounds, and vocals from another time, Swich Licour delivers not only a stunning work, but also a beacon in the dark, on the landscape of modern day Electronic Music.

Tracklisting:

1. Sinner
2. Rapt
3. Slip
4. Static Bounce

Preview:

Published by Aaron Smith and Rick Jeldy via the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Mastered by Mike Watts

As with AEP001 and any future releases stems and samples will be provided. Swich Licour has been kind enough to stem out the title track "Static Bounce." As always, use them, abuse them, do with them what you will. However, we strongly encourage any artist, at any level, to resubmit new works made from the old back to us for republication through this project.

Direct download, including samples, will be made available via the AEP website, and a link will be posted in the Member Releases section of this forum 08/02/13.

Please visit:

For more details

Last edited by RFJ; 18-07-2013 at 08:02 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8532880
Thanked 6,839 Times in 4,868 Posts
Re: Altered Echo: A Sound Mutation Project

Check out the website, there are a few more details there. Feel free to PM either RFJ or I with questions. Or email alteredechoesproject (at) gmail dot com

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Muonos
Deep Underground
Muonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MC
Atlanta
MC Status: 1336412

The idea is really solid guys. I think this is exactly what the community needs and I'll definitely try to be a part of it. One thing though, as a pro web guy myself maybe you could pick a different WP theme. I know you're trying to keep it simple fresh but you can barely see the search bar text. . If you want some help, I'm a CSS pro.

------------------
A song from my upcoming Dub Techno EP.

Muonos is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Edited the post but I'd also like to give a big thanks to Numerical, who agreed to lend his superior knowledge and skill to the project as the project collectives Mastering Engineer.

Big up on that end.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
FunkMasterBrown (18-06-2013)
Old 18-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muonos View Post
The idea is really solid guys. I think this is exactly what the community needs and I'll definitely try to be a part of it. One thing though, as a pro web guy myself maybe you could pick a different WP theme. I know you're trying to keep it simple fresh but you can barely see the search bar text. . If you want some help, I'm a CSS pro.
We might take you up on the offer. Neither of us are really web guys. I'll have a dig around at some point and see if there is something else clean/simple with a more visible search bar.

------------------
Old 18-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Looks interesting. Best of luck with the project . Looks like an outlet for some really unique/strange/experimental music.
Quote:
So we want to encourage everyone to participate, submit remixes, then submit works of your own for consideration
So how does that work then. If various people are submitting single tracks, do you hold on to them & then stick them onto a release when you've got enough tracks to warrant it? Also will you have a social-media monkey on-board to help get the word out about the music?
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Looks interesting. Best of luck with the project . Looks like an outlet for some really unique/strange/experimental music.
So how does that work then. If various people are submitting single tracks, do you hold on to them & then stick them onto a release when you've got enough tracks to warrant it? Also will you have a social-media monkey on-board to help get the word out about the music?
I think we are still coming up with a way to make this really clear, but we will have a variety of opportunities including:

1. submitting remixes/tunes created with stems from our previous releases (these can be taken beyond a simple remix, total sonic destruction is OK too).

2. various artist compilation contests

3. open submission periods for new work

I think at the moment we are playing things by ear, but yes I'd imagine we will hold on to singles for a while until we have a group to release. Though to be honest, I would love to see someone do something like take our first release chop stuff out of all the songs, use the sample pack provided, and come up with their own EP and submit that. For me, that's what this project is about.

At the moment RFJ and I are handling almost everything. There will be a facebook page and a Sound Cloud presence. I can only speak for myself, but I think we'd be open to help in the social media monkey department.

------------------
Thanks to relic
RFJ (18-06-2013)
Old 18-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941881
Thanked 5,674 Times in 3,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Edited the post but I'd also like to give a big thanks to Numerical, who agreed to lend his superior knowledge and skill to the project as the project collectives Mastering Engineer.

Big up on that end.
If I can get my shit together and get it done.....before it piles up.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
brn20
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802473
Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,191 Posts

It's all coming together. My one's 'AEP002' - will be interesting to hear if anyone has a crack at mangling some of the stems.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn20 View Post
It's all coming together. My one's 'AEP002' - will be interesting to hear if anyone has a crack at mangling some of the stems.
I'm sure there are more than a few people around here and elsewhere that'll jump on that.

------------------
Old 18-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I'm sure there are more than a few people around here and elsewhere that'll jump on that.
Indeed.

I, for one, plan on this type of work interfering with with my own personal project quite a bit.

Last edited by RFJ; 18-06-2013 at 09:58 PM..

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Happy to be a part of this!

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to PROton42
RFJ (18-06-2013)
Old 18-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Not as happy as we are.

Negative Vectors will be a great piece to tear apart.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
PROton42 (18-06-2013)
Old 18-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #14
Grain Bastard
IDMf Artist
Grain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MCGrain Bastard is a savage MC
MC Status: 15878

Looks really good. Great job lads.

------------------
Grain Bastard is offline   Thanks
Old 18-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #15
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743043

No wonder neither of you have much time for making music right now, lol.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Thanks to bbb
RFJ (19-06-2013)
Old 19-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #16
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941881
Thanked 5,674 Times in 3,576 Posts

As someone who's heard at least one of the ep's that'll be involved, you guys are in for a treat.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Numerical
RFJ (19-06-2013)
Old 19-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #17
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

I hope it's mean and full of hate
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks
Old 19-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #18
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

really cool idea, looking foward to hearing what comes out of this

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks
Old 19-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #19
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Thanks for the support everyone, it's the IDMf community and your music that inspired us to do this.

Remember, even if you don't want to submit anything to the project--though we hope you will--the samples/stems we provide for download are available for personal/commercial use.

(btw stem, the marquee SC widget is flippin my shit out)

------------------
Old 19-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #20
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743043

You should try clicking info and his artist name. lol.

Advertisements

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread