Should i keep my iPad 2, or get an iPad 3?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 26-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
achiz
Minor Glitch
achiz is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Should i keep my iPad 2, or get an iPad 3?

Hey everybody,

I have a 64 GB iPad 2, in near mint condition. I am wondering if it is worth it to sell it on eBay, and get an iPad 3. I can probably sell it for somewhere around 600-650$ (I bought it for $730), and get an iPad 3 32GB. if anybody has upgraded from an iPad 2 to an iPad 3, was the purchase worth it?

Thanks a lot!

Advertisements

------------------

That's my newest track. I'd really appreciate feedback! Thanks a lot everybody!
achiz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Stay'n Alive
Stay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MC
I'm in my happy place...
MC Status: 30505651
Re: Should i keep my iPad 2, or get an iPad 3?

I don't know, last I heard, they only doubled the resolution.

Added a tad of battery life, plus the dictation software, and some minor things here and there... Really doesn't look like upgrading would bring you anything.

------------------
"Merry Christmas, or your localized Christmas equivalent"

- Penny Arcade's Tycho
Stay'n Alive is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
isephmusic
Learning The Ropes
isephmusic is currently spamming hard
nj

my friend works at apple software engeneer and tells me everyday to stick to ipad 2
isephmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
FOURZERO3
Granular Poster
FOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MCFOURZERO3 is a savage MC
the beach
MC Status: 3174045

iPad 2 .... so not worth the upgrade. Wait til the next one. I have a iPhone 4 and would never upgrade to the 4S, either!

------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBalls
i guess you should have prepooped..
FOURZERO3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11485454

I've heard it's not worth it. Screen is a bit better. It is going to be bigger, I hear. Little better battery life. nothing extravagant. Keep the ipad 2.

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #6
Effulgence
Sample Destroyer
Effulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MC
Boulder, CO, USA
MC Status: 2593405

If you have money to blow... I wouldn't though. You're paying so much just for a screen resolution upgrade...
Apple always brings out "new generations" with like 2 or 3 little updates and changes on their gadgets. Smart business tactic, but stupid at the same time.

------------------
Effulgence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
puredante
Learning The Ropes
puredante is currently spamming hard

Keep the iPad 2. It will do everything that you'd want it to do. Developers won't exactly make iPad 3 exclusive apps considering that they would lose out to the previous gen iPad owners.
puredante is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Paggos
Savage Mad Cunt
Paggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MC
Zhengzhou, China
MC Status: 3541243

Apple sucks actually. The camera in 'the new ipad' is only 5 megapixels, and the 'retina display' is artifically boosted bull crap. Go for a asus tablet thats half the price, but equally as good.

------------------
www.fb.com/page.paggos
:mayonesa::mayonesa:
Paggos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
Stay'n Alive
Stay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MCStay'n Alive is a savage MC
I'm in my happy place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paggos View Post
Apple sucks actually. The camera in 'the new ipad' is only 5 megapixels, and the 'retina display' is artifically boosted bull crap. Go for a asus tablet thats half the price, but equally as good.

>classic argument against all apple stuff
>go somewhere else to have better specs cheaper

What about Android isn't adapted to the tablet realm as of now? Fact is that Apple are pretty much 5 years in advance in terms of pure desing. I suggest that the "Apple tax" is actually becuase Apple pays people to desing good software instead of just pushing the cheapest material they could get their hands on in Korea?

Also, quoting a random "megapixel" number is like judging a laptop on how much RAM it has. Is the optic chip really the quality bottleneck with lenses of this size?

I share your oppinion about the display, though. Apple's aesthetic credo, I guess... It has served them well in the last decades, anyways.

Last edited by Stay'n Alive; 07-04-2012 at 07:57 AM..

------------------

- Penny Arcade's Tycho
Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Quote:
Won't say no to that, however i like my ipad

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 08-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
Paggos
Savage Mad Cunt
Paggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MCPaggos is a savage MC
Zhengzhou, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay'n Alive View Post
>classic argument against all apple stuff
>go somewhere else to have better specs cheaper

What about Android isn't adapted to the tablet realm as of now? Fact is that Apple are pretty much 5 years in advance in terms of pure desing. I suggest that the "Apple tax" is actually becuase Apple pays people to desing good software instead of just pushing the cheapest material they could get their hands on in Korea?

Also, quoting a random "megapixel" number is like judging a laptop on how much RAM it has. Is the optic chip really the quality bottleneck with lenses of this size?

I share your oppinion about the display, though. Apple's aesthetic credo, I guess... It has served them well in the last decades, anyways.
Yes, if you like to take pictures.
Also, are you kidding me? Pretty sure the cpu's and the parts in apple components is null compared to others, and costs way more out the ass.

------------------
www.fb.com/page.paggos
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
Stay'n Alive
I'm in my happy place...

Quote:
Yes, if you like to take pictures
That part about "taking pictures" is a bit retarded, if you ask me. To get nice pictures, you need a dedicated camera. The very format of the iPad makes it awkward to house a camera AND take pictures anyways.

Some critics also suggested that the iPad was good to consume media, but not to create it. I really don't see what's the problem with that, seriously. The iPad really looks like the perfect device to read books and articles, watch films and movies and just generally consume media, and aptops and desktops with physical mice and keyboards and brutally overpowered CPUs will always be there for those who want to make, and that's perfectly good.

Quote:
Also, are you kidding me? Pretty sure the cpu's and the parts in apple components is null compared to others, and costs way more out the ass.
Are you even trying to get the point? Apple never been about pure computing power, that's not their business; their business is to sell things which are trivially simple and straightforward to use, even if that means to lock the user in a nice golden cage; that means they have to pay a dumpload of super-wise coders to tackle the difficult task of designing interfaces that are elegant and intuitive, instead of the confusing clusterfuck you get in any typical Windows or Linux box.

That attitude has some advantages: they can tackle new computing paradigms and open up huge new markets, thus earning a dumpload of dollars. The aformentionned market is usually composed of those who don't have time to struggle with a new gadget and expect it to work right away, and that just have too much money to even care about it. Mucho dollares.

The downside is that as soon as the competition manages to create a product good enough to be usable and works some business alliances to sell it at half the price, they lose their market. It happened many times before: they first dominated the personnal computer market before getting 0wned at it by el cheapo IBM clones running Windows. Same with laptops. They stole the smartphone market from the hands of RIM (the BlackBerry dudes) and turned it into someting much bigger; they are currently getting raped by Google and his little Korean friends. They constantly have to create new gadgets to stay alive. One day, they won't be able anymore, and it will be ugly for them.

TL;DR: comparing Apple to it's competition on terms of hardware vs. hardware is just wrong.

Oh by the way, can you get me some numbers that prove that iWhatevers are underpowered anyways?

Last edited by Stay'n Alive; 10-04-2012 at 07:49 AM..

------------------

- Penny Arcade's Tycho
Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Stay'n Alive
I'm in my happy place...
Re: how do you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykreat View Post
I'm surprized, thanks!
Wrong thread, innit?

------------------

- Penny Arcade's Tycho
Old 11-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #14
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

I agree with what stay 'n' alive said. The ipad does have many ways you can access video, music, pictures, email, etc, which I like. I always have my ipad with me because whenever I need to send an email or check something out online or add something to a calendar, and now I even take a picture of my schedule at work, for example (proof that I worked this day or that day if someone tries to change the schedule without notifying me and say I missed work). Maybe I could have done that with my phone but my phone sees a lot of wear and tear and it's in my pocket with my keys and loose change and anything else I might have on me, getting bumped or fallen on. I don't mind carrying around my ipad (though I do need to just leave it at home sometimes). It's neat. Plus the apps on it aren't all bad either. I've found some old SNES and other video games remade as apps so now I have like galaga on my ipad and Secret of Mana which is awesome. Then there's music apps too, and while no, it's nowhere near matching my studio set up with a 3.6ghz quad core processor, 26" screen (or so... I'm guesstimating but it's close to that), my monitors (the speaker actually is a complaint of mine on the iPad because it's really too quiet, plus it's mono), MOTU interface with 24 in and out with ART transformers and a 4 in/8 out midi interface, the iPad does have some useful apps that you can use with much set up than carrying a case with a strap, taking out your laptop, finding an outlet, setting it up on your lap... the iPad is really neat because you can just set it anywhere... but that's any tablet. Here I'm unsure how other tablets compare, as I've only used an iPad, and so my view is biased, however, the iPad is really cool.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #15
Paggos
Savage Mad Cunt
Zhengzhou, China

Quote:
That part about "taking pictures" is a bit retarded, if you ask me. To get nice pictures, you need a dedicated camera. The very format of the iPad makes it awkward to house a camera AND take pictures anyways.

Some critics also suggested that the iPad was good to consume media, but not to create it. I really don't see what's the problem with that, seriously. The iPad really looks like the perfect device to read books and articles, watch films and movies and just generally consume media, and aptops and desktops with physical mice and keyboards and brutally overpowered CPUs will always be there for those who want to make, and that's perfectly good.

Are you even trying to get the point? Apple never been about pure computing power, that's not their business; their business is to sell things which are trivially simple and straightforward to use, even if that means to lock the user in a nice golden cage; that means they have to pay a dumpload of super-wise coders to tackle the difficult task of designing interfaces that are elegant and intuitive, instead of the confusing clusterfuck you get in any typical Windows or Linux box.

That attitude has some advantages: they can tackle new computing paradigms and open up huge new markets, thus earning a dumpload of dollars. The aformentionned market is usually composed of those who don't have time to struggle with a new gadget and expect it to work right away, and that just have too much money to even care about it. Mucho dollares.

The downside is that as soon as the competition manages to create a product good enough to be usable and works some business alliances to sell it at half the price, they lose their market. It happened many times before: they first dominated the personnal computer market before getting 0wned at it by el cheapo IBM clones running Windows. Same with laptops. They stole the smartphone market from the hands of RIM (the BlackBerry dudes) and turned it into someting much bigger; they are currently getting raped by Google and his little Korean friends. They constantly have to create new gadgets to stay alive. One day, they won't be able anymore, and it will be ugly for them.

TL;DR: comparing Apple to it's competition on terms of hardware vs. hardware is just wrong.

Oh by the way, can you get me some numbers that prove that iWhatevers are underpowered anyways?

Amazon.com: Apple MacBook Pro MD318LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION): Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Apple MacBook Pro MD318LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION): Computers & Accessories

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230233

This is why i hate apple, you can get the asus model that is better / equal for way cheaper. None of those qualities mentioned may not matter to you, but fact is....why pay more for less? It's stupid.

To stay relevant,
Amazon.com: ASUS Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR Eee Pad 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray): Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: ASUS Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR Eee Pad 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Apple iPad MD328LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, White) NEWEST MODEL: Electronics Amazon.com: Apple iPad MD328LL/A (16GB, Wi-Fi, White) NEWEST MODEL: Electronics

See how much the asus tablet outperforms 'the new ipad'? It's like beats by dre...overpriced, and not as efficient, i don't understand why you couldn't just make a hackintosh anyway.

------------------
www.fb.com/page.paggos
Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #16
Stay'n Alive
I'm in my happy place...

Quote:

Moar bigger processor = moar better
Doesn't ALWAYS work that way.

------------------

- Penny Arcade's Tycho
Old 12-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #17
Paggos
Savage Mad Cunt
Zhengzhou, China

Quote:
Doesn't ALWAYS work that way.
Also better video card, better sound card...better ram, etc

Advertisements

------------------
www.fb.com/page.paggos